Went in to a local T-mobile store yesterday afternoon to take advantage of the special. I asked about a refurb Q10, and they said only new ones are available. I ordered a new one, since I was on the fence on the new/refurb issue anyway. I was told that I would get the extra $50 discount after I turned my phone in, along with the other $200. Concerned, I called T-mobile yesterday, and the person I spoke to confirmed what I had heard in the store, but the nature of the conversation left me uneasy. I decided to wait and see what happens. Today I get an email stating my order has been backordered. I call to find out what I should expect for a delivery date, and all they have for me is "probably later this week". Again, It wasn't a very convincing conversation, considering it sounded like there was a party going on in the background. I then decide to check everything online, and the order page I ended up at lists the phone as a refurb. The price I agreed to is the new phone price! I sure hope this is just another example of T-mobile's typically messy paperwork. Way to discourage repeat business T-mobile!

02-26-14 12:48 PM
    When the package arrives, check to see if it has the original seal. If it looks too fishy or seems to be a refurbished phone and has been repackaged, don't open the phone and call their loyalty customer line immediately and explain what happens and hopefully they'll credit back some of the money into your account.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:55 PM
    Definitely point out the discrepancy to your local t-mo reps. They should be able to sort that part out. Also, it's true that you only get the discount after you turn in your BlackBerry. They have to make sure the device is functioning and free from water damage before they process the discount.
    02-26-14 12:56 PM
    I wouldn't call that abuse. It sounds more like the typical carrier way of doing business......
    I thought they called you mean names or something like that. What a relief!
    02-26-14 12:56 PM
    I wouldn't call that abuse. It sounds more like the typical carrier way of doing business......
    I thought they called you mean names or something like that. What a relief!
    I wanted to use a different word than abused, but I didn't want to be offensive.
    02-26-14 01:08 PM
    I turned in my 9700 and got $200 credited to my bill immediately. But they had the phone I wanted in the store. I got my daughter an iPhone 5c because her S3 died. So I used a BlackBerry to switch a user from android to IOS. Crazy.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 01:09 PM
    Same thing for me; it said refurbished online on my order status. I did get a factory sealed box with no indication of it being a refurbished device. I had ordered 2 phones on Saturday, first arrived Monday. The other indicated back-ordered but shipped yesterday.

Do call customer care and make sure they didn't opt you into JUMP! or add insurance without you requesting it. It may not post to your account for a few days.
    02-26-14 05:10 PM
    Same thing happened to me I called in and the rep checked and she explained that they have been having trouble with the site because they are updating the site. She did a test order exchange and the system only let's them select a new phone. She also said to make sure to check the phone once it arrives

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 05:13 PM
    Thanks everyone. I'm feeling much better about things now.
    02-26-14 06:44 PM