I recently moved to a new office where I get horrible signal, call drops and no data are an everyday thing. Is there anything Sprint can do or should I just contact them to cancell my contract and find another provider? Also, will there be any charges for terminating my contract?
    01-17-10 06:40 PM
    I recently moved to a new office where I get horrible signal, call drops and no data are an everyday thing. Is there anything Sprint can do or should I just contact them to cancell my contract and find another provider? Also, will there be any charges for terminating my contract?
    try a PRL update, call CS and request a PRL. since you have moved to a new area your phone may have not have the updated roaming locations available
    Last edited by cheech4; 01-17-10 at 06:59 PM.
    01-17-10 06:57 PM
    call Sprint, talk to retentions, tell them you're getting a horrible signal and dropped calls, they'll send you a signal Airave (basically a personal cell tower, that will use your home Internet connection to bridge the service).
    01-17-10 07:02 PM
    try a PRL update, call CS and request a PRL. since you have moved to a new area your phone may have not have the updated roaming locations available
    I've tried that already but no success, thanks.
    01-17-10 07:03 PM
    I suggest calling retention asap. When I called for the fee increase he asked was there any issues with service and I told them signal regarding where I work (university). He wanted to send me an Airwave but I can't just jack that into their network. If you can at work that'd be wonderful for you.
    01-17-10 08:05 PM
    call Sprint, talk to retentions, tell them you're getting a horrible signal and dropped calls, they'll send you a signal Airave (basically a personal cell tower, that will use your home Internet connection to bridge the service).
    I have the Airave and it really does help with bad signal in my house, its a great device. The way I got it was by contacting retentions and explained to them my situation with bad signal and constant drop calls, they sent me one with no hassle and Free of Charge!!
    01-17-10 10:32 PM
    Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!
    01-17-10 11:57 PM
    As you've read, if you can connect an airrave to your internet, it might be the best solution. I'd suspect if you're still under a contract obligation, they won't cancel without a fee. It's not sprints fault you've moved to where service is bad. Now, if they show 3g coverage on their maps for that area, you might get them to check a tower, or other technical stuff.
    01-18-10 07:48 AM
    Actually there is a get out of contract free clause. If you move to an area with no service you're done. Obviously he has service though if it is Sprint or a roam tower I don't really know. This loophole has been known for ages but you have to provide a bill to Sprint with the new address I believe. Also, they have to show no coverage on their maps but with that new Root program coming out I bet those service coverage maps get slapped around soon.
    01-18-10 09:10 AM
    root program???
    01-18-10 09:37 AM
    Sprint is usually not a good overall company. Period. I would have to say in order of major companies; Verizon, At&T, Sprint, T-Mobile,etc..
    01-18-10 09:40 AM
    Sprint is usually not a good overall company. Period. I would have to say in order of major companies; Verizon, At&T, Sprint, T-Mobile,etc..
    well if you put it that way, i say the same for Verizon when i had them. i didn't get a good signal here at my home, so they are not a good company period. that doesn't make sense. For me compared to Sprint, Verizon sucks.
    01-18-10 10:26 AM
    Err fyi: sprint roams off verizon towers and sprint has free nationwide roaming on (I believe) all their se plans. I had my plan since before se plans got introduced and I have free nationwide roaming...

...Just a side note fyi =]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 11:28 AM
    In the area I live in Verizon has zero coverage, neither does AT&T, nor does T-Mobile. It depends on where you are as to who is best for coverage and what you are using it for. I like the fact I can roam on a VZW tower for free if I could find a place I visit where I didn't have Sprint coverage.
    01-18-10 12:19 PM
    I am having the same issue with my 8330. I have lived and worked in the same location for 8 yrs and about 2-3 months ago, I started having problems with service- alot of dropped calls which Sprint knows when a call was dropped somehow? They credited me the calls which were AT/AM calls so they weren't really credits IMO. Also, I can receive voicemails but never know when I am get an incoming call. And now, my phone is freezing up when switching applications and going back to the home screen. I contacted CS via the internet chat, I have to take the phone in to get it checked out. It is under warranty thankfully! But now I notice they don't have the 8330 listed on the Sprint website? Anyone else experience this and what did Sprint do to resolve it?
    Last edited by mogirlnfl; 01-21-10 at 01:50 PM. Reason: typo
    01-21-10 01:48 PM
    I am having the same issue with my 8330. I have lived and worked in the same location for 8 yrs and about 2-3 months ago, I started having problems with service- alot of dropped calls which Sprint knows when a call was dropped somehow? They credited me the calls which were AT/AM calls so they weren't really credits IMO. Also, I can receive voicemails but never know when I am get an incoming call. And now, my phone is freezing up when switching applications and going back to the home screen. I contacted CS via the internet chat, I have to take the phone in to get it checked out. It is under warranty thankfully! But now I notice they don't have the 8330 listed on the Sprint website? Anyone else experience this and what did Sprint do to resolve it?
    I called sprint and they offered an Airave as flyawaymike said. I ended up terminating my contract and going to tmobile for a 9700 with wifi :P oh and sprint waived the ETF.
    01-22-10 12:03 AM
    Called them today, I DIDN'T threaten to leave Sprint to go to another company... Instead just politely told them that I didn't think it was right for me to be charged for an item, to use my phone in my home, in a area that they claim to cover. After 30 mins, 4 people later. Airave on the way to my house, free of charge, free of month fee, Cost me $13 bucks for the overnight. Maybe I got lucky with the rep. But just thought I would post my story. =)

Granted its not alot, But I have been with them for right at 8 years, 3 phones on my plan, Shared Everything Data with Any Mobile, Anytime.

~us3rX
    01-26-10 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD