I have an iPhone and a Bold. I put the iPhone down a few weeks ago to give the Bold a few weeks. I picked up the iPhone today and OMG. With the 2.2 update (even before it) there is no comparison.

Web browsing is so much easier and better on the iPhone that I'm not sure if I can like the Bold. It might just be that I got spoiled and only want a touch screen. I like how Gmail works with the bold, but that is really the only thing I like about it. I was going to take the Bold back (I was fully prepared to keep both) but I was hoping someone could talk me out of it.

Maybe AT&T has another good touch screen i could try if i take the Bold back?
    11-22-08 10:56 AM
    NO, how about you hide iPhone so all you have is the Bold so therefor you can spend sometime with you new device and see what else you can learn, and like about it LOL. But if you feel the bold isn't the right device for you by all means take it back. Someone else my find it lovable! Hey I might be that person HAHA!
    11-22-08 11:44 AM
    Depends what you need - if all you want is an mp3 player that can browse the web and read emails, iphone is fine. I need to reply to emails and a whole bunch of other stuff that requires me to be able to put data into the device, so the iphone is a complete no-no for me. As for browsing - the bold browser rocks - fast, stable. Iphone may be even better, but it's still not as good as a pc, which I use for any serious/long term/large file download/flash browsing where even iphone falls flat on it's face. Browsing ain't everything...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 12:58 PM
    If all you need is a pretty browser then stick with the iToy. Me I actually use stuff like cut and paste and I hate touch screen. To each his own.
    11-22-08 01:21 PM
    If all you need is a pretty browser then stick with the iToy. Me I actually use stuff like cut and paste and I hate touch screen. To each his own.
    Cut and paste is very important to me too.
    11-22-08 01:34 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Had an iPhone 3G, got rid of it for the Bold last Monday (full retail price - ouch) but I miss the web browser and touch screen of the iPhone too much. I went to grab the box for the Bold so I could put everything back to take it back and the box is gone! So I'm stuck with the Bold now (Not that that's necessarily too bad, but I still miss my iPhone)
    11-22-08 02:11 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Had an iPhone 3G, got rid of it for the Bold last Monday (full retail price - ouch) but I miss the web browser and touch screen of the iPhone too much. I went to grab the box for the Bold so I could put everything back to take it back and the box is gone! So I'm stuck with the Bold now (Not that that's necessarily too bad, but I still miss my iPhone)
    Welcome to Crackberry.com. You can still take it back I believe, but you will be charged.
    11-22-08 04:58 PM
    Cut and paste is very important to me too.

Funny how much I love using c&p on my Bold.

I also heard the new update for the iPhone is crazy good, but I honestly love my Bold and just wish they would start coming out with similar apps. The browser isn't that important as I only use it for CB.
    11-22-08 05:00 PM
    I love my Bold too. I haven't put it down since I got it. I've had plenty of experience with the iPhone because my sister and many of my friends have it. I'm not here to diss it, it's just not my cup of tea. That being said, my mother went to an AT&T store today to buy my cousin's Christmas present (bb pearl) and she fell in love with the new LG Incite. Of course she came home with both phones and I've had the oppurtunity to play with it. Besides Windows Mobile (which I hate!) the phone is fun and really solid. The camera on it is great but doesn't have a flash. The entire back has the same finish as the front of the Shine (or the front lcd of the Trax--my old phone) so it attracts fingerprints but provides a cool looking mirror. It has sooooo many menus and icons that at first I was very overwhelmed but I fell easily into attack mode after the initial shock.

Like the iPhone it's not my cup of tea but if you're looking for something new and solid, I'd pick one up and play around with it.

BTW, it IS touchscreen (my mom's a touchscreen addict since she got her Motorola MING like two years)
    11-22-08 06:05 PM
    AT&T Returns Policy | AT&T
    11-22-08 09:28 PM
    I'm very pleased with my Bold. It's a matter of equilibrium - the balance with all the components. The browser is not a high priority for me, and the touchscreen on the iphone is for me very inferior to the Blackberry keyboard. I also use Rexwireless software for tasks and project management - terrific stuff - and it's only available for Blackberry. But, I am thinking of getting an iphone as a 2nd phone just for the browser and to have a backup phone.
    11-23-08 01:27 AM
    if anyone does not want their bold anymore maybe we could work out a deal for them pm me
    11-23-08 09:10 AM
    I dont have a bold,but i played with it numerous times,i think it is a great device,you should keep it,trust me it will grow on you.
    11-23-08 09:44 AM
    I think the personal preferences break down this way:

If you type a lot, Bold is better

If most of the applications you use are at all reminiscent of Game Boy, iPhone is better

If you ever need to edit documents, the trackball on the Bold is a lot more precise than your fat meat stick finger on the iPhone

If you want a better choice of productivity applications, it's Bold; if you want a better choice of recreational applications, it's iPhone; both have a spate of socialization applications.

If you want a broader choice of where you can go to buy your applications, it's Bold.

If you want more reliable 3G, it's Bold.
    11-23-08 10:08 AM
    The one thing I love about my Bold that the iPhone can't do is run more then one program at a time (yes I know mail and ipod and calendar all run at the sametime along with SMS, I had an iPhone), but with the Bold I can stream musing, video record, talk on AIM all at the sametime - :P

Bold:

Background Processing
    Video Recording
    Flash for Camera
    True Push E-Mail.

Just waiting for AT&T to get the Storm - :P
    11-24-08 08:43 AM
    you seem like you dont really want a smartphone, just a fun phone.

if you are saying you want an iphone, simply due to its internet experience, why not just get an ipod touch? you can have fun with that, just not make calls.
    11-24-08 03:24 PM
    So I have an Iphone 3G and BB Bold (Just bought the Bold). My question is, on just one plan (one number), is it possible to swap the phones back and fourth? (by switching SIM cards). The problem is, the ATT rep at the store told me since the "internet plan code" is different for the Iphone and BB, if I switch the SIM card back to the iphone and access Data/Internet the charge will be ridiculous.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    11-28-08 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD