You = CS rep.

Me = Law Enforcement

Would you like to change your stance on who gets treated worse on a daily basis by our respective "clients"?

You get some schrute on a phone with an attitude. I get some crackwhore with AIDS trying to bite me and spit in my face.
    Im familiar with police work, both of my parrents were police, 2 of my best friends are and i have a couple of cousins that are cops, and a few who are married to cops. Personally, I couldnt do your job. I dont have the self controll that would be needed. The difference here is that as law enforcement you enforce the law, me the cs rep, enforces policy. as law enforcement you have first hand knowledge of what identity theft can do to people, me someone who does not want to be responsable for that. You law enforcement, someone who took the job knowing that there would be people breaking the law and not treating you with the respect that you, and your brothers in colors (law, ems, fire, and military) so richly deserve. me a cs rep who got into my job knowing that i would have to deal with jerks like this yayhoo trying to gain access to an acount that he does not have the right access for. now out of curiosity, are you sggesting that I grant him access to the acount that he does not have rights to, ignoring the policys in place to prevent identity theft, putting my job on the line because he wants to whine about it? If you are, then the answer is no. If you are suggesting that i take it easy on him for his little tantrum, then again, no. I can not say what i want on the phone, but i can her with in reason.
    12-11-09 12:16 PM
    Im familiar with police work, both of my parrents were police, 2 of my best friends are and i have a couple of cousins that are cops, and a few who are married to cops. Personally, I couldnt do your job. I dont have the self controll that would be needed. The difference here is that as law enforcement you enforce the law, me the cs rep, enforces policy. as law enforcement you have first hand knowledge of what identity theft can do to people, me someone who does not want to be responsable for that. You law enforcement, someone who took the job knowing that there would be people breaking the law and not treating you with the respect that you, and your brothers in colors (law, ems, fire, and military) so richly deserve. me a cs rep who got into my job knowing that i would have to deal with jerks like this yayhoo trying to gain access to an acount that he does not have the right access for. now out of curiosity, are you sggesting that I grant him access to the acount that he does not have rights to, ignoring the policys in place to prevent identity theft, putting my job on the line because he wants to whine about it? If you are, then the answer is no. If you are suggesting that i take it easy on him for his little tantrum, then again, no. I can not say what i want on the phone, but i can her with in reason.
    I never stated to give him access to the account. My first post was that the CS industry as a whole, is not as customer oriented as it used to be. My second post was in response to you saying something along the lines of, I doubt you could deal with irate people all day long, and keep your cool, (I'm paraphrasing). I will say, I find no harm at all if someone walks into a Verizon store and asks when they will be upgrade eligible and they get an answer to that question. I don't think there is much risk for anyone in giving the answer to that question. I understand SOP believe me, I do. Things are the way they are for a reason, but giving someone that info would not put anyone at risk for fraud, or Identity Theft, IMHO.
    12-11-09 02:09 PM
    I think the largest question that needs to be answered is, is the op over the age of 18? If so, then he can be added as an account manager. If not, then all the discussion is moot tbh.

And just remember semantics, those aids infested crackwhores also own cell phones
    12-11-09 02:23 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD