So here is the story, my dad has his own business and expenses his work phone through his business but also on the same plan has our families phones. They are directly billed with the business account just so it is easier for him to pay. Anyways, anytime I go to inquire or get even the smallest information about my phone such as if I am available for an upgrade the verizon rep will literally not say another word to me. All they say is the business owner / account owner must be present to give out any information. This is extremely frustrating because that means I have to take my dad to the store with me for stupid questions which can be answered in a second.

What makes me even more mad is that I even have all the identifying information for the business including the federal tax ID and they still will not tell me anything. I understand that Verizon has to have internal controls on account information but it is really frustrating when your not the account manager and you have permission from them and information for the account and just cannot even get basic information about whether you can get an upgrade. I also even have the phone that is connected to the number right in front of their faces. I hate Verizon CS it is horrible and so pain staking to deal with. It makes my dad mad also because he is not always available to go to the store and the verizon people make him get on the phone all the time to verify bull****. I mean honestly what information can be stolen about a person or account if I am told if I am available for an upgrade?
    12-08-09 11:37 PM
    Why not ask your dad to add you as an authorized name to make inquiries on the account? That's all that's needed.

Other than that, be thankful. Verizon as whole is pretty ferocious about guarding client information. It's not VZWs fault that they'll only talk to your dad, about an account that is held by, your dad.

Now, if your dad won't do that for you, then you got bigger problems. Since it's your dad's business, and your dad's account, I wouldn't expect much...you're not paying the bill.
    12-08-09 11:43 PM
    Only takes a couple days to add a contact to a business account.
    12-08-09 11:50 PM
    Well the account is run by an accountant who also has account manager status so any changes made to the account have to be approved by both my dad and accountant so it really is a pain in the *** for them to mess around with it.

I just do not know what can be gained by determining if your phone is available for an upgrade. I guess I could find if someone has an upgrade then steal their identity and save maybe $100 on my new phone.
    12-08-09 11:54 PM
    When you start whining like this because VZW is safeguarding customer information, I'm sure they hate you too.

I would think this wouldn't be hard coming from a son of a business owner to understand. Do you share client information with everyone? Does your dad? Would you like to tell me your upgrade dates, plan options and features, last 4 of the tax ID, the mailing address and so on?

It seems that understanding a business and the importance of security it must hold for its customers, is beyond your understanding. So maybe that's why you are in charge of getting the upgrade info and not much more.
    12-08-09 11:56 PM
    I thought this was stupid for a long time as well. When I was in high school my phone was under my mother's name since I was under 18, I payed for it though. I couldn't do sh** without her around or at least the last 4 digits of her SSN. So I added myself as a contact on the account, gave myself a PIN and voila! Done.

I didn't realize the importance in this until I was at work. I sold VZW (and others) at Radioshack years ago. A woman came in and wanted to add all sorts of features to her plan, I went to do it and looked up the number to find it was her husbands account. All of a sudden I couldn't contact him to verify and she had no proof of anything. I think it was a disgruntled ex or they were in the middle of a separation.

Sooo.... it is for security and I am very thankful they have it in place. I'd rather have a little inconvenience and a lot of security.
    12-09-09 05:05 AM
    when you have a son one day or someone calls in id's themself as you and gets personal info via some account you have, you will then understand.
    12-09-09 05:11 AM
    Why not ask your dad to add you as an authorized name to make inquiries on the account? That's all that's needed.

Other than that, be thankful. Verizon as whole is pretty ferocious about guarding client information. It's not VZWs fault that they'll only talk to your dad, about an account that is held by, your dad.

Now, if your dad won't do that for you, then you got bigger problems. Since it's your dad's business, and your dad's account, I wouldn't expect much...you're not paying the bill.

Good post, adding him is all it would take. Obviously there is some reason why he isn't added.

This kind of breakdown occurs because people think all they are doing is "buying a phone". That buying of a phone is contingent upon the signing of a contract, and that's where these situations come up.
    12-09-09 06:54 AM
    Don't worry, they hate you too.
    12-09-09 08:03 AM
    Well the account is run by an accountant who also has account manager status so any changes made to the account have to be approved by both my dad and accountant so it really is a pain in the *** for them to mess around with it.

I just do not know what can be gained by determining if your phone is available for an upgrade. I guess I could find if someone has an upgrade then steal their identity and save maybe $100 on my new phone.
    It's a slippery slope, so rather than give VZW CS the discretion to choose what information to give out and what not to give out, they'd rather just say nothing and not risk a CS rep giving out something they shouldn't.
    12-09-09 09:39 AM
    If it's so important to know your upgrade date, he can do it online...wait until you're older and someone lets your soon-to-be-ex wife access your accounts and you'll see the error of your argument.
    12-09-09 10:28 AM
    So here is the story, my dad has his own business and expenses his work phone through his business but also on the same plan has our families phones. They are directly billed with the business account just so it is easier for him to pay. Anyways, anytime I go to inquire or get even the smallest information about my phone such as if I am available for an upgrade the verizon rep will literally not say another word to me. All they say is the business owner / account owner must be present to give out any information. This is extremely frustrating because that means I have to take my dad to the store with me for stupid questions which can be answered in a second.

What makes me even more mad is that I even have all the identifying information for the business including the federal tax ID and they still will not tell me anything. I understand that Verizon has to have internal controls on account information but it is really frustrating when your not the account manager and you have permission from them and information for the account and just cannot even get basic information about whether you can get an upgrade. I also even have the phone that is connected to the number right in front of their faces. I hate Verizon CS it is horrible and so pain staking to deal with. It makes my dad mad also because he is not always available to go to the store and the verizon people make him get on the phone all the time to verify bull****. I mean honestly what information can be stolen about a person or account if I am told if I am available for an upgrade?
    Grow up and get off of daddys account and you wont have to worry about things like this.

Stop whining about things that are put in place to maintain the integrity of your fathers business account.
    12-09-09 10:49 AM
    I understand it can be frustrating, but think of it like this...

You have a bank account with your life savings in it, and someone (lets say your fiancee) comes in to just ask questions and that bank teller ends up letting her remove money... I know it's on a different scale but the bottom line is customer security is what's most important.
    12-09-09 11:00 AM
    You're not the account owner, so why would you feel you have any right to access the account? Get your own service and have all the access you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 11:14 AM
    You're not the account owner, so why would you feel you have any right to access the account? Get your own service and have all the access you want.

Or there is that option
    12-09-09 01:41 PM
    You're not on the account, you're not getting any info. What's so hard to understand about that? It doesn't matter if know know the Tax ID or things like that. So get pissy all you want but when you grow up you'll see why measures like this are in place.
    12-09-09 01:46 PM
    Why not just become an authorized user on the account as well? Perhaps theres a good reason behind that that you're not telling us? Or how about just stop whining and get your own line of service off of your fathers? It also sounds a little odd that your father (a business owner) would get pissy as well when he owns his own business and knows the importance of customer confidentiality...sounds a little iffy to me..this is in no way vzw's fault and you pretty much have no right to "hate them"...read all the prior posts and stop complaining...
    12-09-09 03:12 PM
    It's already been said so well, but there are account security measures on the accounts for a reason. If your dad really wanted you to have any say on the account or any info pertaining to it, you would have been added already.
    12-09-09 03:27 PM
    It's already been said so well, but there are account security measures on the accounts for a reason. If your dad really wanted you to have any say on the account or any info pertaining to it, you would have been added already.
    Whaaaaa..........
    12-09-09 03:42 PM
    Have you ever thought that maybe your dad doesn't want you to have access to his account without his permission...? Authorizing you on the account would give you privileges that he may not want you to have. If you don't like it, get your dad to authorize you or get your own plan.
    12-09-09 03:49 PM
    My mom is the account owner on my plan, I dont pay the bill, yet I have access to the account. I know the account password, and I also am authorized by her to make changes to the account. Its really simple to get that setup.. Before I did this, they wouldnt tell me anything either without either calling my mom first to make sure its ok, or having her there in the store
    12-09-09 07:07 PM
    Vzw reps hate you, too. Noone else falls under account security, just you...

12-09-09 08:53 PM
    My mom is the account owner on my plan, I dont pay the bill, yet I have access to the account. I know the account password, and I also am authorized by her to make changes to the account. Its really simple to get that setup.. Before I did this, they wouldnt tell me anything either without either calling my mom first to make sure its ok, or having her there in the store
    Now compare that with having that level of access on a business account & it gets a little clearer. It would be bad enough to screw up a personal account - much worse to hose a business account.

How often are we going to get the "I am a spoiled brat who thinks I know it all & need full access to my parents' accounts & screw the cell carrier because they won't let me" types?

See what these "types" are capable of here.
    12-10-09 12:02 AM
    I hate customer service in general. The industry has lost all of its professionalism, for the most part. Thirty years ago, you were treated by respect, by a person who cared about their job and earned a decent enough wage to get qualified help.

Customer Service in 2009 is considered a success if businesses can find reps who can tolerate the horrible salaries, deal with the terrible hours, and not spit at or curse at their customers.

The industry in general is in the crapper, and not just for cell phone carriers, its for all business. People knock off shore call centers. At least those folks try like **** to help you, even if they are difficult to understand, and they generally appreciate having the opportunity to work.

The guy making 9 bucks an hour, that acts like he owns the company is what we get here in the states, boy are they fun to deal with.
    12-10-09 12:38 AM
    bwwwaaaaaahahahahaha you got TOLD!!!!!!

im betting by the time ive written this, you have pretty much stopped reading posts to your "little tirade". But what ever I just wanted to let you know, I TRULY enjoy getting little pissant people like yourself that try to do crap like this on my calls. You think that because YOU have the device in hand that you are intiteled to get this information. If the money was comming out of your pocket you MIGHT feel a bit differently. But its not, and your an *****.
    12-10-09 12:47 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD