Here's my story....
    My 8900 was having charging issues, no matter what charger I used be wall, car or usb, my pgone would charge a few minutes and stop, sometimes it would start back and sometimes it wouldn't. My phone was only a couple of months old so I called att to seek help with the issue. Fast forwading the rep felt the phone was faulty amd recommended the warranty exchange. She says ma'am your in luck! There is a device support ctr in you area, so you don't have to wait for a device to be sent to you, you can go in and do a same day exchange...I'm thinking,wow that's great. I ask her is there a time restriction on doing this b/c I would need to see about using someone's computer to back up my phone (my dinosaur of a computer doesn't work and I can't install DM at work). She says oh no worries! The device center has DM and they will backup your phone content before swapping out the phones. Oh man that's great to hear I'm thinking so I go make the exchange right after work. So before I give the rep my phone, I ask him about DM an backing up my phone's content, he says yes we can do that. ...fast forward...he gives me the new phone and I immediately look for my fav apps, QL, berrybuzz, addonis and Berryweather and OMG there's nothing! I stand there completely mortified. The rep says is something wrong? I said my apps that I downloaded aren't here and you said you would backup my stuff. He says oh, can't backup those apps the have copy rights on them. I'm so distraught I've really come to depend on them, now my phone is naked. Not to mention the fact that I have to come out of my pockets again. Oh well to live and learn...thanks for letting me vent guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 11:05 AM
    Just redownload them and enter in your activation codes.

11-14-09 11:17 AM
    Common issue. Like the previous poster said just redownload them.

11-14-09 11:34 AM
    For the future, check the Upgrade/Downgrade Procedure thread - the advanced procedure part. There is a link in there detailing how to get your 3rd Party Applications backed up and then restored later. This will help you keep backups of your applications from now on.

Here is a link to the procedure thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...rocedure-53359
    11-14-09 11:58 AM
    +1 to the prior poster. See the link in my sig. Backing up 3rd party apps is actually built into the new loader.exe but I still follow these steps because I'm a bit leary of loader actually getting everything. It's about a 2 minute process involvnig connecting to DM, going to the Device Switch menu. Ticking the top two boxes on the right and unticking the rest. Click next. Let the process complete. DO NOT CANCEL YET... search your computer for your PIN number, include in your search hidden files. You'll locate a folder named with your PIN. Copy that folder to your desktop. Go back to DM and cancel the process. After you've completed your OS/Hybrid install go back to loader.exe, Add, search for your PIN folder on your desktop, open and click on the .alx file then let loader do the rest. All you'll need to do is reenter your app registration codes for most apps. You can find those, if you purchased through the CB app store, under your app store account.
    11-14-09 12:04 PM
    aristile and jlsparks. The information you provided was correct, but the OP was frustrated at the reps because they said they would back up her phone before switching. She was going to go to a friends house to do it herself because her "dinosaur" of a computer wouldn't do it. The reps misinformed her is why she was pissed.
    11-14-09 02:32 PM
    Just redownload them and enter in your activation codes.

I tried that, the apps downloaded but when I put in the codes to activate them and it tells me the codes are invalid. The only app that worked was Addonis, but Berry Buzz, QL, and Berry Weather are all a no go. Any suggestions?

11-15-09 01:16 AM
    For the future, check the Upgrade/Downgrade Procedure thread - the advanced procedure part. There is a link in there detailing how to get your 3rd Party Applications backed up and then restored later. This will help you keep backups of your applications from now on.

Here is a link to the procedure thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...rocedure-53359
    Thanks to you and sparks, I would keep this link for future ref when I get a working computer at home.

11-15-09 01:19 AM
    I tried that, the apps downloaded but when I put in the codes to activate them and it tells me the codes are invalid. The only app that worked was Addonis, but Berry Buzz, QL, and Berry Weather are all a no go. Any suggestions?

If you bought them through Crackberry Store, login to your account and change the PIN to your new phone. This will allow the activation codes on this BB. If you got the apps elsewhere, you need to go through them to change the PIN.
    11-15-09 06:53 AM
    Since most Activation Codes are linked to your PIN, you will have to get new Activation Codes issued. This can be done through the store in which you bought the software. AT&T has no control over this.

It sounds like AT&T did a switch devices to backup and restore what they could via Desktop Manager. There are just somethings that will not backup and restore onto another BB.
    11-15-09 12:05 PM
    Thanks for the responses guys. I did as mpafro12 suggested and changed my pin in my accounts w/crackberry app store, but that didn't help. So I sent an email to crackberry store costumer support explaining my situation. They were very quick to respond, and issued new activation codes to me within minutes. Whew! it's great to have my baby back up and running like before
    11-16-09 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD