What benefits do you guys get? My cousins and his wife wokr in the VZW corporate office, and he said he will have a job for me in April. I am jsut trying to figure out what I have to look forward to. I know they pay $8k/yr for school, and give you benefits like medical, dental, vision, etc.. But I am curious about cell phones.

Do they discount you? if so, how much?

Do they give you a free phone? (meaning phone only, not contract too)

I am just really curious about this..
    12-10-09 02:16 PM
    Come on. With the unemployment situation and you are worrying about a free phone and discount on service? What differene does it make? If the answer is no, you are not going to take the job.
    12-10-09 02:19 PM
    Dont assume things please. I did not say that at all. It is a perfectly valid question, and I want some clarification by a VZW rep.

And you are wrong. I would still take the job even if they dont give me any benefits at all. Why? because im not in it for the free equipment. I'm in it for a job. Not to scam VZW out of their services.

Think before you start typing BS next time.
    Last edited by silenttt123; 12-10-09 at 02:25 PM.
    12-10-09 02:23 PM
    No one is saying you are scamming. You said it you will take the job regardless, so what's the point?
    12-10-09 02:30 PM
    I've HEARD VZW workers get 50% off on their wireless bills.
    12-10-09 02:32 PM
    No one is saying you are scamming. You said it you will take the job regardless, so what's the point?
    Why does it matter why he's wondering?
    12-10-09 02:34 PM
    Because I am curious. I have been told different things by different reps and I want to know what the deal really is... I have been told they give you a free smartphone for work use, and that they give you a 50% discount on service. Others have told me that they do not give you anything at all... I have asked about 10 different reps this question, and they all giv eme contradictory answers. So I want someone to clarify this because I am curious and I hate anomolies.

I do NOT care about getting a discount. I have no problem paying the full price for my bills.. I currently pay about $230 a month for my VZW bill and have been for the last 6 years. Its not a problem, I just want to know for my own sanity.

The only benefit I am really interested in, is the $8K a year for school. That I will definitely take advantage of because I could use that.
    I guess I'm wondering why your cousin and his wife are keeping this info secret from you?
    They would be the first one to know, I would think.
    I wonder if I don't pay my bill, will Sprint cut my service.
    12-10-09 02:35 PM
    I guess I'm wondering why your cousin and his wife are keeping this info secret from you?
    They would be the first one to know, I would think.
    Because I dont want him to think that I am only after the benefits, and dont actually want the job. And also because its not a sure thing. I may not get the job.. If I ask him about all this, he will probably get mad because of that, and also because I always bug him while he is at work.

They also work in corporate. I dont kno wif the benefits are the same for corporate workers and sales reps.
    12-10-09 02:41 PM
    I wonder if I don't pay my bill, will Sprint cut my service.
    what an absolutely useless post... Why are you still here?
    12-10-09 02:41 PM
    Now I wonder if I should change to Verizon when my Sprint contract is up. I don't want in to call in to Vzw for support and get you as a rep.
    12-10-09 02:42 PM
    I've HEARD VZW workers get 50% off on their wireless bills.
    If that's true, then my dad should get a second job as a VZW rep!

And lekschan, why are you being so rude? The OP is just trying to find the answer to a question in the forums...isn't that the point of these things?
    12-10-09 02:49 PM
    @OP: It's a *little* light on specifics, but may help some... Verizon Wireless - Careers: Benefits
    12-10-09 02:55 PM
    Now I wonder if I should change to Verizon when my Sprint contract is up. I don't want in to call in to Vzw for support and get you as a rep.
    Why because I am treating you the way you are treating me? you're right. THat definitely is not fair at all. If I was getting paid, then that would be different. I didnt ask for your opinion, you decided that it would be funny to make rude comments to probably try to get your post count up. Well they all have been reported, and they will probably get deleted. I hope you get banned. People like you have no place here whatsoever.
    12-10-09 02:57 PM
    @OP: It's a *little* light on specifics, but may help some... Verizon Wireless - Careers: Benefits
    Thank you, I had not actually seen that page.
    12-10-09 03:00 PM
    My pleasure =)
    12-10-09 03:02 PM
    My pleasure =)
    See people like you actually contribute here and are helpful. Where as that other ***** does not contribute at all.
    12-10-09 03:03 PM
    That's exactly my point.

The job of CS rep is to help customers to solve problems. The CS is not required to know everything there is to know, but should have the apt to know where to lookup information. You are a prospective Verizon employee and it takes another non-Verizon poster to dig up the Verizon corporate information for you.
    12-10-09 03:05 PM
    Wanna talk cool benefits? Comcast workers get free triple play, PLUS credit for 2 pay per views per month.
    12-10-09 03:08 PM
    Wanna talk cool benefits? Comcast workers get free triple play, PLUS credit for 2 pay per views per month.
    Dang that would be pretty sick... free UFC all year lol
    12-10-09 03:20 PM
    What benefits do you guys get? My cousins and his wife wokr in the VZW corporate office, and he said he will have a job for me in April. I am jsut trying to figure out what I have to look forward to. I know they pay $8k/yr for school, and give you benefits like medical, dental, vision, etc.. But I am curious about cell phones.

Do they discount you? if so, how much?

Do they give you a free phone? (meaning phone only, not contract too)

I am just really curious about this..
    I am curious too! I think a lot of job seekers choose their employment applications based on what the company has to offer more so than just having a job. I think it's just human nature to have a curiosity of what employees of a given company get in addition to a paycheck. It's cool to hear that you get school tuition assistance. I'd imagine you get free or heavily discounted phones, but that may only be for store sales reps or employees who don't get the other benefits. In most companies, typically you have employees that qualify for full benefits and employees that don't, so you may not know the true answer to your question until your job orientation.
    12-10-09 03:28 PM
    Because I dont want him to think that I am only after the benefits, and dont actually want the job. And also because its not a sure thing. I may not get the job.. If I ask him about all this, he will probably get mad because of that, and also because I always bug him while he is at work.

They also work in corporate. I dont kno wif the benefits are the same for corporate workers and sales reps.
    A perfectly valid reason to take a job is for the benefits. You owe no one any explanation of why you want to take a job except for the person who may interview you. On the other hand it is a legitimate question to ask during the interview process.
    12-10-09 03:34 PM
    So here's what the EPP (employee phone program) offers:

1 year contract with 2 year contract pricing on any phone.. So you can upgrade every 10 months.

50% off your services except Rhapsody, insurance and other 3rd party type stuff. But data, roadside assistance, ringbacks, voice plan, etc.. are all 50% off.

The best benefit of working for VZW is health insurance. If you're healthy and non-smoker you're looking at around $350-400 a year for Dental, Health, Vision, and Prescription.

The $8,000 tuition paid up front is great. You also get 401k dollar for dollar up to 6% company match.

Hope this finally answers some of your questions.
    12-10-09 03:42 PM
    So here's what the EPP (employee phone program) offers:

1 year contract with 2 year contract pricing on any phone.. So you can upgrade every 10 months.

50% off your services except Rhapsody, insurance and other 3rd party type stuff. But data, roadside assistance, ringbacks, voice plan, etc.. are all 50% off.

The best benefit of working for VZW is health insurance. If you're healthy and non-smoker you're looking at around $350-400 a year for Dental, Health, Vision, and Prescription.

The $8,000 tuition paid up front is great. You also get 401k dollar for dollar up to 6% company match.

Hope this finally answers some of your questions.
    Thank you!

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

I am healthy and a non-smoker (quit a week ago) so $350-$400 a year is not bad at all!
    12-10-09 03:48 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD