I seriously LOVE the Sprint commercial with Dan Hesse. Everything about it is "pretty awesome", even the music. Dan is totally the man!! Personally, I think he's going to do great things for Sprint.

For those of you who don't watching much TV, here it is:
    YouTube - Wireless Revolution
    04-30-08 07:42 PM
    i hope he does. i like sprint but around here their pricing, cell service, and customer service need help. and their web services need help as well. seems like 2 out of 3 times i try the account management isnt working.
    04-30-08 09:06 PM
    Dan putting his face out in the open is very important. Outside of Bill Gates, how many CEOs show themselves on TV with the exception of Enron or interviews on CNN?
    There have been TONS of changes internally in every dept which affects the way the company does business. The turn around is slow but his ideas, and the ideas of the people he has put in place will turn things around. If you watch his internal webcasts for about 2 seconds you'll see the man is just a genius!
    04-30-08 09:08 PM
    I must say, I really like that. I don't know if it's just really well-made, but it gives a HUGE appearance of sincerity. Just... it seems honest. And I like it.

The cynic in me fears that it's just a really nice marketing ploy with the faade of honesty for the sake of drawing people in... but... well, no one likes a cynic, right?
    04-30-08 11:15 PM
    I was reading up on Dan Hesse a few months ago. He has an impressive background.

"Mr. Hesse received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Notre Dame, a Master of Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a Master of Business Administration from Cornell University."
    Plus almost 30 years of experience in the telecommunications industry!!!!

I bet AT&T misses Mr. Hesse
    04-30-08 11:56 PM
    nice commercial but after having so many problems with nextel in the past, i will never go back to sprint.
    05-01-08 12:26 AM
    Something about him reminds me of Adam West. But yeah, it's pretty cool.
    05-01-08 01:37 AM
    Dan will turn the company around. It won't happend over night doh! So far he is heading in the right direction....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-08 02:11 PM
    nice commercial but after having so many problems with nextel in the past, i will never go back to sprint.
    Keep in mind that a wireless carrier is a name and a name only. What if the people who ran Nextel when you had issue, took over AT&T? Would you stay with them then? Not saying you didn't have legit issues, or a reason to switch, just making a point that people left Sprint because of Gary Forsee and his crew that tried to do too much and neglected customer service. Dan Hesse used to be with AT&T and helped to make them the wireless carrier with the most subscribers, if he makes great changes and offers superb products at a lower price then the name Sprint means nothing! I know everyone follows a name, but people need to stop and think about the fact that Sprint isn't the same company anymore.
    05-01-08 03:53 PM
    Keep in mind that a wireless carrier is a name and a name only. What if the people who ran Nextel when you had issue, took over AT&T? Would you stay with them then? Not saying you didn't have legit issues, or a reason to switch, just making a point that people left Sprint because of Gary Forsee and his crew that tried to do too much and neglected customer service. Dan Hesse used to be with AT&T and helped to make them the wireless carrier with the most subscribers, if he makes great changes and offers superb products at a lower price then the name Sprint means nothing! I know everyone follows a name, but people need to stop and think about the fact that Sprint isn't the same company anymore.
    I agree 1,000,000% King!
    05-01-08 05:12 PM
    I agree with you....................
    05-01-08 05:32 PM
    I've read that Dan is a man that finds problems and fixes them. We may not see those fixes right away. If its done right, it happens in the background before it reaches foreground- then and only then will the consumer see that (stealing from Steve Jobs) "something different is in the air."

Although so many people have said they were with Sprint (about a week) and would never look back, I can say that I stayed for 10 years for 2 main reason- Pricing and Speed. Sprint has come a long way- sure, their CS is the pits; but I'm not calling CS every hour on the hour moaning about one thing or another. And maybe, just maybe that is why I've been fortunate to get what I want.

Does anyone remember when some Sprint customers received cancelation of service letters. Awww man, folks were in an uproar! And those same people acted like Sprint should be honored to have them as a customer. I say, even moms want to get rid of their PITA kids!

Long time customers know the benefit of remaining- although we dont know what the future holds- in just the short time Dan has been there, his presence has been felt. The man is a genius in his own right and I dont see the towel being thrown in on Sprint any time soon.
    05-05-08 08:24 AM
    I guess no matter what Sprint Thread you go to someone is gonna bash Sprint CS, coverage and or anything that protains to Sprint Corp. Alltell, AT&T, VZW, Tmobile, I am glad you love your carriers soo much, so stop bashing someone else's choice as a cell carrier. This thread is about a Sprint commercial and yet still people from other carriers bashing Sprint. =/ Every VZW customer I am friends with are mad because I have Sprint and pay less for more features than they have available.

BTW not a bad commercial, I wish Sprint could hook up with the guys that do the VW and/or MAC vs PC commercials, so we could have something to laugh about. Making fun of other carriers in a nonchalant manner would be hilarious.
    05-10-08 09:42 PM
    Its ok!!!!!!!
    05-10-08 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD