So let's just say I own a Telus Storm 1 and I buy a Telus Storm 2 off of eBay. Could I simply pull the SIM card out of my S1 and pop in in my new S2, send service books and life is good? Or is it not that simple?
    11-29-09 01:08 AM
    no. the storm 1 and storm 2 are the exact same. The hspa does'nt work on the new network. but u can buy a telus storm 2 off ebay and enter in the IMEI number and call it a day and tah dah
    11-29-09 03:37 AM
    no. the storm 1 and storm 2 are the exact same. The hspa does'nt work on the new network. but u can buy a telus storm 2 off ebay and enter in the IMEI number and call it a day and tah dah
    "The hspa does'nt work on the new network." did you miss word this? cause the hspa is the new network lol
    11-29-09 07:53 AM
    I know about both phones not working on the new network. I'm glad they don't I don't want to have anything to do with the new network until they offer better plans with less fine print.

I was just wondering for ease of switching over to the new phone. I thought information like service plan, contacts, phone number, etc. Was all stored on the Sim card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 11:17 AM
    I know about both phones not working on the new network. I'm glad they don't I don't want to have anything to do with the new network until they offer better plans with less fine print.

I was just wondering for ease of switching over to the new phone. I thought information like service plan, contacts, phone number, etc. Was all stored on the Sim card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Zanshin-, the sim you get in a CDMA device like the Storm or Tour is an international roaming sim.
    It's not the same as the sim you get in a GSM Device like an iPhone or Bold. GSM sim cards are absolutely required to use a gsm carriers network.
    An intl' roaming sim is not used or needed for regular LOCAL access to your carriers network. It only comes into play when your CDMA device is roaming outside the country on another carriers network.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 11-29-09 at 12:14 PM.
    11-29-09 12:12 PM
    There's also a bit more then sending service books that need to be done - every time you change SIM cards, you'll have to login to the TELUS BIS site and re-associate the account with the device.

Whenever I switch between 2 SIM cards in one BlackBerry, or switch SIM cards to another BlackBerry, the second the BB talks to the network, it unlatches the associated BIS account. So you'll have to login and re-associate them everytime, or else the data dies.
    11-29-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD