It's amazing how they feel it's ok to attack AT&T with their ads, but wants Sprint to pull their ads regarding their network. And Sprint isn't even attacking anyone while promoting their network. While I claim no allegiance to any network, it's just amazing hat they can be so hypocritical.
    11-25-09 11:27 AM
    How is Verizon's new marketing strategy an "attack" on ATT?
    11-25-09 11:29 AM
    One thing to promote a product or service, its another to say things that are not true, as in most reliable ( statics show ) this is not true
    11-25-09 11:34 AM
    How is Verizon's new marketing strategy an "attack" on ATT?
    The "There's a map for that." ads that they run on TV. AT&T got bent out of shape for those.
    11-25-09 12:13 PM
    The "There's a map for that." ads that they run on TV. AT&T got bent out of shape for those.
    I know what ads he is referring to, I guess I just fail to see how this is an attack on ATT. So Verizon came up with a clever play on words to promote thte fact that they have a statistically more reliable network. Big deal.
    11-25-09 12:26 PM
    AT&T is mad because the commercials are true...
    11-25-09 12:27 PM
    It's amazing how they feel it's ok to attack AT&T with their ads, but wants Sprint to pull their ads regarding their network. And Sprint isn't even attacking anyone while promoting their network. While I claim no allegiance to any network, it's just amazing hat they can be so hypocritical.
    The problem VZW see's is the fact that Sprint says it has the most reliable 3G network. VZW is challenging that claim because OBVIOUSLY VZW claims to have the most reliable network as well. Independent tests prove this.

On the other hand - AT&T was crying like a 12 year old girl who was just told she couldn't go see her new bf she met online.

Seems like a waste of money, but I guess if you're VZW and you've spent millions in ads promoting the most reliable network, then you'd want that to be backed up in a formal setting.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 11-25-09 at 06:11 PM.
    11-25-09 12:50 PM
    What is hypocritical about saying you have more coverage than another company and turning around and saying that a third company isn't as reliable as it says it is?
    Webster says that hypocrisy is a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not; especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion.
    You maybe meant to claim that Verizon was two-faced or talking out of both sides of their mouths but what they have done can in no way be construed as being hypocritical.
    To that end, to hold two entities to the truth is being just the opposite of being two-faced.
    To back up Verizon's position a judge dismissed ATT's case and the advertising organization to which both Verizon and Sprint belong has upheld Verizon's position. Granted both ATT and Sprint can present cases to have these decisions reversed but for now Verizon is in the superior position, especially in the ATT case.
    11-25-09 01:25 PM
    Exactly. End of thread. Anyone can file a civil suit. Success on the merits is a different story though.
    11-25-09 01:34 PM
    This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Who cares? It's all advertising tactics to place your product above your competitors and sell that product to the public.
    11-25-09 05:51 PM
    As Verizon's lawyer so cleverly stated. Haha
    11-25-09 05:53 PM
    Every company knocks their competition, its business. What about AT&T with their knew Luke Wilson ones? Verizon had it coming, its business as usual. Car companies do it all the time, always have always will...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 06:07 PM
    AT&T has just really made themselves look like a spoiled brat who's dad took their allowance away... WAH!!
    11-25-09 06:11 PM
    LOL my bad!

No worries, I just figured you found some way to bend the space time continuum or something lol
    11-25-09 06:12 PM
    Then Apple jumps in to protect AT&T cause Verizon ****** slapped them..
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-26-09 at 03:06 PM. Reason: language
    11-25-09 06:33 PM
    One problem. Go to VZW's coverage page...you know, the one with THE MAP. check zip 25413. Nice and red.

Now try to order a VZW phone if you live in 25413. No service, and they tell you right up front.

This is one of MANY errors in THE MAP that I'm sure a judge will find very interesting.

Moral - all carriers lie. You're just a dollar sign. THE MAP FOR THAT is simply a marketing prop. One that in this case, is false advertising. I'm sure VZW=Sprint=T-Mo=AT$T when it comes to the "truthfulness" factor. Bring on the cheap devices and no subsidised plans!
    11-25-09 07:09 PM
    One problem. Go to VZW's coverage page...you know, the one with THE MAP. check zip 25413. Nice and red.

Now try to order a VZW phone if you live in 25413. No service, and they tell you right up front.

This is one of MANY errors in THE MAP that I'm sure a judge will find very interesting.

Moral - all carriers lie. You're just a dollar sign. THE MAP FOR THAT is simply a marketing prop. One that in this case, is false advertising. I'm sure VZW=Sprint=T-Mo=AT$T when it comes to the "truthfulness" factor. Bring on the cheap devices and no subsidised plans!
    In situations like that, the coverage is usually due to roaming agreements with smaller, local carriers.

Let's face it, the government would NEVER let us operate everywhere.

That said, an existing customer would get EV all over the place with little or no interruption. I should know, I tested it all through a road trip this fall.

Technically, you can buy a phone, program it on a VZW tower, and live in the roaming areas, happy as a clown. You wouldn't get a local number, and it kinda impedes any *228 attempts without a road trip, though.
    Last edited by Polychrome; 11-25-09 at 07:22 PM.
    11-25-09 07:20 PM

The 25413 area is actually in Verizon's extended network. You still will get service there, and good service too... In NO way is Verizon lying, nor is it false adversising...

Please understand the network before making false claims...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 11-25-09 at 07:28 PM.
    11-25-09 07:22 PM
    ***EDITED*** I mean, go to any metro area and all service is the same. You get 2 bars in Walpole WI, fantastic. 99% of you never travel more than 100 miles in any direction, yet you are duped into thinking that big red map matters at all. VZW has an awesome con going on, lol. Who cares how red the map is, 1% of you are going to go somewhere where you cant find coverage. As far as the most dependable statements, or whatever, VZW has one study saying they are, Sprint has studies saying they are. Its all subjective, and area dependent. Its VZW trying to conquor the world, and they've got 90 Million sheep paying upwards of 2-5k more a year for perceived greatness, when the vast, and I mean vast majority of people can use any carrier and get equal service. Bunch of sheep lol.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-26-09 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Personal Attacks
    11-25-09 07:26 PM
    Most of the "sheep" you're taking about (here at least), are actually paying less than you Sprint clowns because of their discount...

Then when 4G comes around and you Sprint clowns are stuck with an under developed 4G network, you'll realize being cheap wasn't the best decision after all...
    11-25-09 07:31 PM
    LOL. I live in the 25413 zip. There is no service, unless I drive about 16 miles. Hence the move to Sprint. Vzw does not dispute that they do not provide service in my area. That's fine and dandy...I understand that 100% of the country can't be covered. Just commenting on THE MAP and it's inaccuracy.

My point WAS NOT that VZW is better or worse than other carriers when it comes to ethics. They are all the same, driven by the dollar.

I'm not Twinz...I'm not going to sit and argue. If you say I have service, I invite you to come over for burgers and a few drinks and I'll show you different
    11-25-09 07:36 PM
    Most of the "sheep" you're taking about (here at least), are actually paying less than you Sprint clowns because of their discount...

Then when 4G comes around and you Sprint clowns are stuck with an under developed 4G network, you'll realize being cheap wasn't the best decision after all...
    I have no carrier loyalty. Paying less than me? Yeah right. You've been exposed as unknowledgable in the other thread by Twins, and all you can do to reply is try to twist words. 4G which may never happen for a cellphone? Okay, Talk to me about that in 2013 when VZW actually rolls it out. Its not a question about cheap, I make more money then you. I can afford to pay VZW prices if I like. Its about not being a sheep, and believing everything you are told. Keep towing the company line, keep thinking that big red map you see means anything to you when you never leave the area you are in. Be a good little sheep.
    11-25-09 07:40 PM
    Nobody can accuse me of being a sheep in this particular case. I agree with that map because at least in the southern half of the US, I experienced it firsthand this fall.

If VZW does not or cannot operate in a certain area, and there are smaller CDMA carriers in the neighborhood out to make a buck, they make a roaming agreement. However, they won't sell you a phone with the local area code if they don't have a license to operate there.

ETA: Gonna have to pass on any bets involving showing up in anyone's hometown though... Will probably need my remaining vacation time for a bone marrow donation. D:
    Last edited by Polychrome; 11-25-09 at 07:45 PM.
    11-25-09 07:41 PM
    I have no carrier loyalty. Paying less than me? Yeah right. You've been exposed as unknowledgable in the other thread by Twins, and all you can do to reply is try to twist words. 4G which may never happen for a cellphone? Okay, Talk to me about that in 2013 when VZW actually rolls it out. Its not a question about cheap, I make more money then you. I can afford to pay VZW prices if I like. Its about not being a sheep, and believing everything you are told. Keep towing the company line, keep thinking that big red map you see means anything to you when you never leave the area you are in. Be a good little sheep.
    I'm not going to get deep into this... But funny that you bring up Twins in this thread, after he makes a thread saying something good about Sprint. As for the Omnia thread proved nothing, and several people agree with me. As for the service...4G may never happen on a cellphone? Really? Who said that? Twins?... Yes a credible source... As for wheh Verizon rolls out 4G, you clearly are the one who is unknowledgable, look it up for yourself. I have nothing to prove, when 4G comes out, and the Sprint network becomes even more obsolete, then you'll realize you were wrong. Until then, I'll let you move blindly forward with your beliefs...
    Similar to Twins, you can claim to make as much as you want, I don't care, nor do you have any credible proof...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 11-25-09 at 08:38 PM.
    11-25-09 07:54 PM
    Man, you VZW people are total sheep. I mean, go to any metro area and all service is the same. You get 2 bars in Walpole WI, fantastic. 99% of you never travel more than 100 miles in any direction, yet you are duped into thinking that big red map matters at all. VZW has an awesome con going on, lol. Who cares how red the map is, 1% of you are going to go somewhere where you cant find coverage. As far as the most dependable statements, or whatever, VZW has one study saying they are, Sprint has studies saying they are. Its all subjective, and area dependent. Its VZW trying to conquor the world, and they've got 90 Million sheep paying upwards of 2-5k more a year for perceived greatness, when the vast, and I mean vast majority of people can use any carrier and get equal service. Bunch of sheep lol.
    Actually, I put about 25,000 miles a year on my truck, and can tell you that unless I die, will be traveling to at least 12 other states this year.

11-25-09 09:38 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD