Hi All,

I'm wondering if RIM will compensate me for the outage of 3 days since my Career is not supporting App World? in this case it means I'm not going to get any free apps?

what to do? any help!
    10-18-11 07:40 AM
    Contact your Carrier, and Ask THEM to compensate you, since you will not be receiving compensation through RIM
    10-18-11 07:45 AM
    OR... you can accept that not everything is perfect and move on. Services have been restored, emails did come through and all is good. Why dwell?
    10-18-11 07:48 AM
    OR... you can accept that not everything is perfect and move on. Services have been restored, emails did come through and all is good. Why dwell?
    I couldn't just "LIKE" this, I had to also quote it to show my praise!

Personally, I can't stand how people feel cheated by this. Relax ya cheap shmucks
    nico2004 and SmakBerry like this.
    10-18-11 08:04 AM
    Hi All,

I'm wondering if RIM will compensate me for the outage of 3 days since my Career is not supporting App World? in this case it means I'm not going to get any free apps?

what to do? any help!
    It's not compensation, it's a gift!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 08:05 AM
    i take it you didnt have a 3 day outage over their??
    what did you get a wee bit of one day
    the op asked a reasonable question
    yes rim are being generous yes its a big pr stunt as well
    why dwell why p*** folk off with youre response
    we got a good 36-48 hours before service was restored, encompassing 2 full business days.

And regardless of how long it is, it doesn't change the feelings of entitlement so many have.
    10-18-11 08:26 AM
    will allow users to download $100 of free apps tomorrow.
    10-18-11 08:33 AM
    I can't believe how bloody cheap some people are. Get over it!
    10-18-11 08:35 AM
    i take it you didnt have a 3 day outage over their??
    what did you get a wee bit of one day
    the op asked a reasonable question
    yes rim are being generous yes its a big pr stunt as well
    why dwell why p*** folk off with youre response
    Not trying to **** anyone off, we were all affected. RIM has done a good job with communicating with their customers about what happened and has also offered everyone the free apps, they can't please everyone. Its been several days since services were restored and that is what I mean by dwelling.
    My ISP went down with my company for almost a week and ALL emails were lost, there was no compensation, we were able to communicate with our suppliers and customers that there was a glitch and we worked around it and got over it.
    Last time I checked this kind of thing does happen
    10-18-11 08:36 AM
    I would love a heavily discounted playbook!
    First contact your carrier and/or your Government's Telecommunications Gestapo and ask them why they are preventing RIM from allowing you to access the Appworld. Seems like tons of countries have access and the ones that don't have regimes that like to keep a tight control on what information the people consume.

Then you can realize that RIM doesn't owe you anything, your carrier pays RIM for your BIS subscription, so go to the carrier and see if you are owed any of the $5 monthly fee they pay to RIM for your BIS services. So let's see, $5 divided by 30 days is 17 cents per day after rounding up, and 17 cents times 4 days of outage is 68 cents. So let us know how much your carrier gives you and if it is equal to or over 68 cents then you are properly compensated!
    Do what deRusett suggests. Contact your carrier. They will almost always give you a credit, because they, unlike some people, understand that you might be a bit disappointed that you are not getting service you paid for.

Outages do happen, but they should not be considered a rite of cellular passage.
    10-18-11 08:37 AM
    Just want to add that this has been the biggest outage in RIM history, so its not like its constantly going down. I'd say it's pretty reliable given the history
    10-18-11 08:38 AM
    First contact your carrier and/or your Government's Telecommunications Gestapo and ask them why they are preventing RIM from allowing you to access the Appworld. Seems like tons of countries have access and the ones that don't have regimes that like to keep a tight control on what information the people consume.

Then you can realize that RIM doesn't owe you anything, your carrier pays RIM for your BIS subscription, so go to the carrier and see if you are owed any of the $5 monthly fee they pay to RIM for your BIS services. So let's see, $5 divided by 30 days is 17 cents per day after rounding up, and 17 cents times 4 days of outage is 68 cents. So let us know how much your carrier gives you and if it is equal to or over 68 cents then you are properly compensated!

Sorry... that was funny.

A fairer assessment is to figure out what the carrier is charging the customer for the service, and work it from there. It may come out to be a bit more.
    10-18-11 08:39 AM
    RIM, you owe me nothing. I lost BBM and email for just over a day, but my phone's voice service worked, and I could still use regular texting.

I think I may live after all.
    10-18-11 08:40 AM
    I remember a big outage around 2009, but that was because somebody drilled trough a fibreoptic cable and all phones were affected, nobody got compensation then. But to the user it appears to be a blackberry outage. It's not always Rim's fault.

Fiber Optic Cable Cuts Isolate Millions From Internet, Future Cuts Likely | Threat Level | Wired.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 08:42 AM

Sorry... that was funny.

A fairer assessment is to figure out what the carrier is charging the customer for the service, and work it from there. It may come out to be a bit more.
    Yeah I know that he may be paying more, but RIM only gets at most $5, and that number is probably a little high. Either way at best RIM owes his carrier, and the carrier owes him. RIM doesn't owe people what the carriers charge the people, just whatever the SLA states, or a cut of the monthly fee RIM collects. I also just get so sick of people where Appworld is blocked whining like that it is RIM's fault, like RIM doesn't want a cut of their app purchasing dollars.
    10-18-11 08:47 AM
    I agree that the reparations are not related to the disruption in service that the outage caused. However, RIM stated that the measure they took was an attempt to offer a good will gesture for BIS users' 'patience' during the outage. It was a simple effort to offer some form of reparation that could be easily implemented to all users in a quick timeframe. Some users here were wondering about free service for a specified time period or a rebate, but those options would be complicated, costly and difficult to implement. The app solution was just easy for RIM to put into practice quickly. Will all BIS users be happy with it? Of course not. I'm sorry if you're carrier does not support it. That's awful. Perhaps you can contact them and arrange something else. Personally I think RIM should work something out with all carriers to allow them to make the apps available, or some apps available.
    10-18-11 08:55 AM
    Hi All,

what to do? any help!
    Move to a proper country. You have other things to worry about if you live in a country where the govt. blocks free choice.
    10-18-11 09:05 AM
    Your joking right? Cmon what more would you want? You got all your services. Be quiet and grateful that it wasn't too major
    10-18-11 09:10 AM
    Move to a proper country. You have other things to worry about if you live in a country where the govt. blocks free choice.
    Yea true........
    Last edited by ichat; 10-18-11 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Oops..... I said the wrong thing :(
    10-18-11 09:29 AM
    Thats a bit racist dont you think?
    Racist? Where did race come into this? Do you know what racist means?
    10-18-11 09:36 AM
    I get a laugh at people who make it sound like the outage left them stranded on a deserted island with no food or water. The phone worked texting worked. No email, big deal check it elsewhere, no bbm big deal again you can't let your girlfriend know your wife is suspicious and you have to cancel your meeting.
    10-18-11 09:36 AM
    If your carrier doesn't support App World, do they even support BBM and BlackBerry Email services? If not, then what do you expect compensation for?
    10-18-11 09:37 AM
    To answer the OP-

Get over it and move on. Their servers have been up 99.97% of the time this last year. So.... Stuff happens. Technology isn't perfect. Get over it.
    10-18-11 09:38 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD