It's finally here! - the Verizon 9930 BOLD Just came out today August 15th!!!!!

Since the 9930 BOLD is a brand new model, many of you may want to know how to unlock it, so we've shared the BlackBerry BOLD 9930's Unlocking Instructions below!

First you will need your BlackBerry BOLD 9930's Unlock Code (MEP code)

You can get your unlock code a number of ways

1) Call VERIZON and request an unlock code, (tell them you're going overseas for a better chance of getting it!)

2) You can INSTANTLY get your Unlock Code from us at BlackberryCodeSource.com or from any of the other unlockers on Crackberry

Once you have your BOLD 9930's unlock code, you just need to enter it following these simple steps.

1) Insert an unaccepted SIM card – one that's not from the network your phone is locked to.

2) Select yes when prompted if you want to enter an unlock code(MEP Code)

3) Enter your BOLD 9930's unlock code.

Wait about 10-30 seconds and it should connect to the network carrier that the inserted SIM card is from.

(NOTE you may need to switch the phone to GSM MODE if it's not yet set to it. You can do this in the network settings section.)

That's it! Easy as 1 - 2 - 3!

or you can enter the unlock code like this:

1) Insert any SIM card and turn off all wireless connections

2) Go to Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings -> Sim Card

2) Press and Hold the ALT key and type the letters "mepe" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing)

3) Once you see the Personalization Screen type "mep [alt] 2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing).

You should be prompted for the code. If you're not prompted for the code, Press and Hold the ALT key and type MEP2

Enter the provided unlock code

It's recommend to do a Battery pull after unlocking your Blackberry

(NOTE you may need to switch the phone to GSM MODE if it's not yet set to it. You can do this in the network settings section.)

Now you're free to use your BlackBerry BOLD 9930 with any GSM network worldwide!

If you have any Blackberry related questions at all send us an email, we're happy to help!

Cheers!
    Last edited by BlackberryCodeSource; 10-09-11 at 01:50 AM.
    08-15-11 04:39 AM
    It's finally here! - the Verizon 9930 BOLD Just came out today August 15th!!!!!

Since the 9930 BOLD is a brand new model, many of you may want to know how to unlock it, so we've shared the BlackBerry BOLD 9930's Unlocking Instructions below!

Thanks for this, this will be helpful. Just one question.....so once its unlock will this work for ATT w/ gsm network? If so, will It get 3G speeds? Thanks

First you will need your BlackBerry BOLD 9930's Unlock Code (MEP code)

You can get your unlock code a number of ways

1) Call VERIZON and request an unlock code, (tell them you're going overseas for a better chance of getting it!)

2) You can INSTANTLY get your Unlock Code from us at BlackberryCodeSource.com or from any of the other unlockers on Crackberry

Once you have your BOLD 9930's unlock code, you just need to enter it following these simple steps.

1) Insert an unaccepted SIM card � one that's not from the network your phone is locked to.

2) Select yes when prompted if you want to enter an unlock code(MEP Code)

3) Enter your BOLD 9930's unlock code.

You will not receive a �Code Accepted� messages or anything of the like,
    but your phone will stand at the home screen.

Wait about 10-30 seconds and it should connect to the network carrier that the inserted SIM card is from.

or you can enter the unlock code like this:

Insert any SIM card and turn off all wireless connections
    Go to options, type SIM, click on SIM card
    Hold ALT and press M E P E
    Enter your unlock code

Now you're free to use your BlackBerry BOLD 9930 with any GSM network worldwide!

If you have any Blackberry related questions at all send us an email, we're happy to help!

Cheers!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-15-11 09:06 AM
    Good info! We can all unlock them!
    08-16-11 08:59 PM
    Hi chaptervstaind83,

Yes, when unlocked the Verizon Blackberry Bold 9930 will work with AT&T.

It won't get 3G on AT&T as the phone doesn't support AT&T's 3G bands,

It will only get 2G speeds (EDGE) on AT&T.

Let us know if you have any other questions at all,

Best Regards,
    08-16-11 10:59 PM
    Even the T-Mobile 9900 will not get you 3G on AT&T. You need to get a Rogers/Bell/Telus/Virgin/Vodafone and you will be fine.
    08-17-11 08:41 AM
    Even the T-Mobile 9900 will not get you 3G on AT&T. You need to get a Rogers/Bell/Telus/Virgin/Vodafone and you will be fine.

Yes exactly,

The Verizon and T-Mobile Blackberry 9930/9900 will only work with AT&T on 2G.

However the Rogers/Bell/Telus/Virgin/Vodafone 9900's will get 3G perfectly on AT&T.
    08-17-11 02:45 PM
    Even H+
    08-17-11 03:37 PM
    Thank You Blackberry Code Source, IT WORKED! Thanks!
    08-18-11 06:32 PM
    Thank You Blackberry Code Source, IT WORKED! Thanks!

Hi bbueding,

You are most welcome!

Thanks for unlocking your Blackberry with us!

If you have any questions at all let me know,

Best Regards,

James
    love2cycle likes this.
    08-18-11 08:53 PM
    Thanks. Worked awesome with an AT&T SIM card. Funny it shows 3G in status bar with AT&T SIM...
    08-19-11 10:54 AM
    Thanks. Worked awesome with an AT&T SIM card. Funny it shows 3G in status bar with AT&T SIM...
    With an AT&T SIM you get 3G?
    08-19-11 11:03 AM
    Big Ed.....that's weird. Do you think u maybe getting 3G services??? Anybody know if this is possible? I knw it shouldn't work that way but maybe w/ these lines of BB phones is getting 3G on ATT possible? That would be awesome!

08-19-11 11:03 AM
    9930 operates on HSDPA 900 / 2100 and AT&T uses , AT&T uses 3G 850/1900. Maybe it's an OS issue showing 3G. A screenshot would be great please.
    08-19-11 11:07 AM
    Makes sense when u put it that way. Maybe it is a OS issue. Anybody else that has unlock 9930 and entered ATT sim card getting 3G symbol on it????

08-19-11 11:09 AM
    would it get Tmoble 3G or 4G
    08-19-11 01:06 PM
    Hi dchandler,

The Verizon Bold 9930 will only get 2G on T-Mobile or AT&T

It won't get 3g or 4G as the 9930 doesn't support ATT or T-Mobiles 3G / 4G bands

Let me know if you have any other questions at all,

Cheers,
    08-19-11 01:15 PM
    No it won't. 3G on the 9930 will only work overseas, not in North America because the phone is not compatible with the 3G frequencies used in Nort America. You will only be able to get 2G.
    08-19-11 01:59 PM
    I'm new to blackberry and smart phones in general, so please bear with me..

I would like to purchase the new 9930, unlock it, and use it overseas in Vienna Austria for a year. However, I need to use it when I return to the states.

Once the phone is unlocked and used with a different sim card, are there any issues using that phone as a Verizon device again? I've heard stories about "bricking" devices by unlocking, changing networks etc...

Also, when overseas for a year, I will turn off my Verizon account (as I do not want to pay for a line that I'm not using..). Will turning off my Verizon account in any way affect my ability to use it in Austria (I wouldn't think it would, as I'd be using it on a different network...)

Thanks!
    08-20-11 12:30 PM
    Hi berries2011,

Welcome to Crackberry!

Yes, to confirm, after unlocking your Verizon Bold 9930 it will work in Vienna with any GSM network.

When you are back in USA it will also work with Verizon still.

There will be absolutely no problems using the phone with Verizon again.

It will work 100% exactly like it did before you unlocked it.

Blackberrys can't be bricked by unlocking, it is a 100% safe and easy procedure.
    (It takes literally 30 seconds to unlock)

Yes, to confirm you can turn off your Verizon account while you are away from the states
    It won't affect the phone at all, it will still work perfectly with any gsm network worldwide, including your Austrian network.

Let me know if you have any questions at all,

Best Regards,

James

PS, you're going to love your new 9930!
    08-20-11 12:52 PM
    I'm new to blackberry and smart phones in general, so please bear with me..

I would like to purchase the new 9930, unlock it, and use it overseas in Vienna Austria for a year. However, I need to use it when I return to the states.

Once the phone is unlocked and used with a different sim card, are there any issues using that phone as a Verizon device again? I've heard stories about "bricking" devices by unlocking, changing networks etc...

Also, when overseas for a year, I will turn off my Verizon account (as I do not want to pay for a line that I'm not using..). Will turning off my Verizon account in any way affect my ability to use it in Austria (I wouldn't think it would, as I'd be using it on a different network...)

Thanks!

You have nothing to worry. Unlocking your Blackberry doesn't affect you using it with the initial carrier. Some users here in the USA use 2 lines on their 9930, one with Verizon and ATT for example. Only thing you need to be careful when buying a Verizon 9930 is that the ESN is clean and not blacklisted or else you will never be able to use it with them.

If clean you'll be fine. You can travel the world and use it on GSM and when you're back simply switch it to Verizon.

Let us know If you have any further questions or concerns.
    08-20-11 01:09 PM
    Was being impatient, blackberrycodesource is awesome!

I will recommend!
    Last edited by radlink14; 08-22-11 at 02:53 AM.
    08-22-11 02:31 AM
    Hi radlink14,

Sorry about that, we are in the process of a server update right now and the error was caused due to that,

we have sent you an email to sort this out and will also give you a credit for another unlock code on the house when you need to unlock a Blackberry next.

let me know if you have any questions at all,

Best Regards,

James
    08-22-11 02:37 AM
    Hi radlink14,

The Unlock Code was resent to you a few minutes ago.

Please email us if you have any questions at all.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

James
    08-22-11 02:43 AM
    ! Thanks
    08-22-11 02:54 AM
    ! Thanks
    You are most welcome!

Enjoy your unlocked 9930!
    08-22-11 02:56 AM
167 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD