If it reads "Inactive" next to "Network", then it is already unlocked and typing 'mep2' won't do anything.

So what exactly is your question?
    Next to the "Network" says "Inactive" but the phone is still "locked" to the Verizon even after rebooting with T-Mobile sim card in it.

My other Blackberry is an "Unlocked" Curve 8900 and it says "Disabled" next to the "Network" in that phone.

The bottom line is the phone is currently locked to the Verizon, therefore it can't register to any other provider and even dough I have the unlock code, I can't enter the code anywhere.
    09-19-12 10:34 AM
    Why do you say that it is "still locked to Verizon"?

What is or isn't working?

Has the PIN been release from the previous owner's BIS account?

Note that the splash screen will always show Verizon despite being locked. That won't change.
    sobetron likes this.
    09-19-12 11:08 AM
    Why do you say that it is "still locked to Verizon"?

What is or isn't working?

Has the PIN been release from the previous owner's BIS account?

Note that the splash screen will always show Verizon despite being locked. That won't change.
    When I insert my T-Mobile sim card, yes I am able to make and receive phone calls. But can't register to T-Mobile network, no data, no nothing else. Even after entering T-Mobile's APN settings, still no data at all.

It seems it is still locked to the previous owner or so. Because, in the phone settings I can still see the previous owner's phone number.

What is that "PIN release" issue? Do I need to call the Verizon to ask them to free up the previous owner's PIN or what else I can do to see my own number (in the settings) instead of previous owner's number?

So, if I'm able to make and receive phone calls through my own number with my T-Mobile sim card inserted, it should be unlocked already I assume.

As mentioned above I have another unlocked Blackberry from T-Mobile, it works with almost all sim cards from different providers and never gives hard time.

Thank you for your assistance again, I appreciate that.
    09-19-12 11:30 AM
    The problem is not that it is locked. Because it isn't. As evidenced by the fact that you can make phone calls.

The problem is that you are trying to use a device that isn't natively supported on TMobile.

You need to manually load the Service Books.

Read this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mobile-696013/
    sobetron likes this.
    09-19-12 05:08 PM
    The problem is not that it is locked. Because it isn't. As evidenced by the fact that you can make phone calls.

The problem is that you are trying to use a device that isn't natively supported on TMobile.

You need to manually load the Service Books.

Read this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mobile-696013/

I just hung up the phone with Verizon customer service and they told me that in order to use this phone with another carrier it's PIN need to be released and they won't do it over the phone.

When I asked her how can I make it's PIN to be released, she said that I should stop by a Verizon Wireless store and ask them for it. They may or may not be able to release the PIN, she said.

Now, as per your last suggestion, if I manually load the T-Mobile Service Books, am I going to be able to use this phone with all the features which I currently have on my T-Mobile Blackberry Curve 8900?

Or, by manually installing the T-Mobile Service Books, will that "The PIN needs to be released" issue be solved too?

Thank you for your assistance again.
    09-19-12 05:28 PM
    The PIN may have already been released. The only reason I asked is that it is one of the things that one should check when trying to use a previously owned device.

If the PIN for some reason has not been released, then typically only the previous owner can get it released. You typically would not be able to get it done yourself. That's why it's something to check before purchasing a device.

But lacking the Service Books is likely the problem.

Follow the steps in that thread and see what happens.
    sobetron likes this.
    09-19-12 07:20 PM
    I have completed all the stages and now trying to get the EDGE (I already have "edge") by "PS Detach" and "PS Attach" process.

Meanwhile, I have downloaded the T-Mobile Service books (a file called "tmo_servicebooks.ipd" which created on "Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:21 AM") on my computer.

Now, I already tried several times (PS Detach and PS Attached) that process but still have "edge" not "EDGE" (yes, all other "Engineering Screen" settings are as it supposed to be according to the instructions).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LAST MINUTE UPDATE!!!

I've got "EDGE" now! Yay!!!

Also, via "Blackberry ID" all emails was set up easily.

I am excited! I have more bells and whistles than my ancient BB 8900 now. )))

Thank you once again! You have been very helpful. ))))
    Last edited by sobetron; 09-19-12 at 08:15 PM.
    09-19-12 08:12 PM
    It's finally here! - the Verizon 9930 BOLD Just came out today August 15th!!!!!

Since the 9930 BOLD is a brand new model, many of you may want to know how to unlock it, so we've shared the BlackBerry BOLD 9930's Unlocking Instructions below!

First you will need your BlackBerry BOLD 9930's Unlock Code (MEP code)

You can get your unlock code a number of ways

1) Call VERIZON and request an unlock code, (tell them you're going overseas for a better chance of getting it!)

2) You can INSTANTLY get your Unlock Code from us at BlackberryCodeSource.com or from any of the other unlockers on Crackberry

Once you have your BOLD 9930's unlock code, you just need to enter it following these simple steps.

1) Insert an unaccepted SIM card � one that's not from the network your phone is locked to.

2) Select yes when prompted if you want to enter an unlock code(MEP Code)

3) Enter your BOLD 9930's unlock code.

Wait about 10-30 seconds and it should connect to the network carrier that the inserted SIM card is from.

(NOTE you may need to switch the phone to GSM MODE if it's not yet set to it. You can do this in the network settings section.)

That's it! Easy as 1 - 2 - 3!

or you can enter the unlock code like this:

1) Insert any SIM card and turn off all wireless connections

2) Go to Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings -> Sim Card

2) Press and Hold the ALT key and type the letters "mepe" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing)

3) Once you see the Personalization Screen type "mep [alt] 2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing).

You should be prompted for the code. If you're not prompted for the code, Press and Hold the ALT key and type MEP2

Enter the provided unlock code

It's recommend to do a Battery pull after unlocking your Blackberry

(NOTE you may need to switch the phone to GSM MODE if it's not yet set to it. You can do this in the network settings section.)

That's it! Easy as 1 - 2 - 3!

Now you're free to use your BlackBerry BOLD 9930 with any GSM network worldwide!

If you have any Blackberry related questions at all send us an email, we're happy to help!

Cheers!
    hello im new here just got a blackberry 9930 from verizon
    i have done all the steps and nothing the closest i have gone is when i entered mepd the personlization comes up
    but when i enter mep2 nothing happens i tried all different ways/combinations no luck
    everything is disabled expect network it says blocked can somebody help?can it be the phone itself is messed up?
    10-15-12 08:25 PM
    If it's "blocked", then it's blocked. You cannot unlock it. Only the original user who caused it to get blocked can get it unblocked by resolving whatever issue caused it to get blocked with the carrier.

If you "just got it", then you should get your money back.
    10-16-12 06:58 AM
    Blocked means the phone is hard locked. It can only be unlocked by software and the phone needs to be sent in.
    10-21-12 01:29 PM
    im trying to unlock my verizon bold 9330.i believe it cant be unlockd. it doesnt recognize my tmobile card when i insert it and i tried goin into sim card settings and holding the alt buttons while typing mepe.help is appreciated
    12-09-12 10:24 PM
    im trying to unlock my verizon bold 9330.i believe it cant be unlockd. it doesnt recognize my tmobile card when i insert it and i tried goin into sim card settings and holding the alt buttons while typing mepe.help is appreciated
    It's SIM card is for global use not for US use
    tony_b11 likes this.
    12-09-12 10:25 PM
    It's SIM card is for global use not for US use
    That's incorrect. The 9930 (assuming that's what tony_b11 meant) will work on TMobile in the US if it is unlocked.
    12-10-12 06:00 AM
    That's incorrect. The 9930 (assuming that's what tony_b11 meant) will work on TMobile in the US if it is unlocked.
    My mistake
    12-11-12 06:55 PM
    the phone is all ready unlocked but the problem is, I can't subscribe to the BB services in my country just because its a Verizon wireless version of the phone.
    so please its there a way to subscribe to the bb service even though its Verizon bold 9930.
    05-20-13 11:59 PM
    the phone is all ready unlocked but the problem is, I can't subscribe to the BB services in my country just because its a Verizon wireless version of the phone.
    so please its there a way to subscribe to the bb service even though its Verizon bold 9930.
    That's up to your carrier.
    05-21-13 12:00 AM
    Hi,

I've got a BB9930 from Verizon and has just finished my 2-year contract. I need a help to unlock it so that I can use it here in Mexico. How can I do it? Thanks!
    Last edited by DeoJo19; 10-05-13 at 10:37 AM.
    10-05-13 09:48 AM
    Hi,

I've got a BB9930 from Verizon and has just finished my 2-year contract. I need a help to unlock it so that I can use it here in Mexico. How can I do it? Thanks!
    If YOU just finished your Verizon 2 year contract, then just call Verizon and they will give you the code for free. Otherwise, check out the unlocking vendors in the forum.
    10-05-13 10:43 AM
    Search for freemyblackberry to unlock any 9930 and below for free. They won't give you the unlock for 48hrs, unless you pay. At least it free if you are patient.

Typed on and then corrected by my Z10. http://geekphreek.com
    10-05-13 10:49 AM
    I have blackberry bold 9930 verizonwireless,,and it cannot connect in blackberry service,,I can call and send message but it cannot be in blackberry service,,I make reformat maybe that's the solution,,but still it cannot be,,what I do now,,I am in Bahrain I used the viva Bahrain line,,pls help me
    10-22-13 11:27 AM
    I would like to get the unlock code for my blackberry bold 9930.
    04-23-14 10:17 PM
    I would like to get the unlock code for my blackberry bold 9930.
    You can contact here : Unlockblackberry4ever
    I will help you
    04-25-14 01:29 AM
    I bought an unlocked bold 9930 it works perfect in mexico, but it just won't connect via 3g or 4g with iusacel a mexican carrier they told me that verizon "modifies" the phones so it will not connect with anything grater than EDGE outside its network, and also some times when dialing to customer service instead of getting the mexican iusacel service it goes to the verizon global customer service. Can u help?
    05-05-14 10:15 AM
    Hi elsk8man,

Does your phone say activation required on the top of the screen?

also iusa cell representatives are right, you won't be able to get faster than EDGE speeds on an unlocked Verizon 9930 on IUSACELL or any other GSM network. the GSM bands of the phone only support 2G, EDGE speeds.

Let me know if it says activation required on the top of the screen on the homepage
    05-05-14 08:52 PM
    I have Just Purchased Bold 5 9930 Verizon Wireless.. I purchased from UNiTED STATES and shipped to Nigeria. I have Paid for for Blackberry monthly internet access fee and My Phone is not connecting atall to internet...i locate the blackberry LOGO on the screen.

WHat are the procedures to make this work and access internet with my Local sim card. I cant log into my application world when i connect with WIFI to other internet and the Blackberry LOGO on the screen doe not comeup..

Azeez
    08-02-14 12:42 PM
167 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD