will it help if i go to a Tmobile shop?
    They will stare at you like a dear in headlights.

PM us and we can give you instructions. Thanks.
    02-03-12 06:57 PM
    I bought a verizon blackberry 9930 and unlocked it but when I put my telus sim card in, it only finds the rogers network. Can anyone help me please?
    The 9930 will only work on 2G aka EDGE GSM in North America. The Verizon 9930 will only work with Rogers or Fido. Telus is HSPA + / LTE .. Unfortunately it will not work.
    02-03-12 06:59 PM
    Yes, to confirm what freethisberry said, you will only be able to use it with Rogers, Fido, Chatr, and 7-11 speakout

Ps

"They will stare at you like a dear in headlights." LOL GOOD ONE Freethisberry!
    02-03-12 07:24 PM
    =) You know its true.
    02-03-12 08:23 PM
    Hey guru's,

been reading the posts. Maybe it's listed , but I don't have time to sift through all. Can someone advise if I get the Verizon 9930 from US and unlock it here in Canada will I get 3G or 2G? Looks like it's a definite NO on Telus but 2G on Rogers and Fido? is that correct?

Thanks
    03-27-12 10:29 PM
    Yes only 2G on FIDO/ROGERS ..
    03-28-12 08:21 AM
    Hey guru's,

been reading the posts. Maybe it's listed , but I don't have time to sift through all. Can someone advise if I get the Verizon 9930 from US and unlock it here in Canada will I get 3G or 2G? Looks like it's a definite NO on Telus but 2G on Rogers and Fido? is that correct?

Thanks
    That's correct, once unlocked you will only be able to use it with Rogers/Fido on their 2G EDGE Network simply because Bell/Telus/Wind/Virgin don't have a 2G Network and the phone is not compatible with the 3G frequency they use.
    03-28-12 11:34 AM
    hey guys, i have read all the pages of this topic and have found some interesting stuff, but the problem by me is: i unlocked my 9930 from VERIZON tio use on Tmobile. i have a BIS package from TMobile.
    my Phone is unlocked and PHONE ONLY works. NO DATA.

edge stays in small letters, when i try to register the phone through HRT, it tells me "message sent" but it doesnt go through and i dont get an answer of "registration."

internet works only via WIFI, all the rest doesnt work out opf WIFI coverage.

can anyone pls help me.
    thank you
    I'm having the same problem. I used the phone overseas and it worked with bis. I contacted t-mobile,blackberry,verizon. Noone was able to help. How can I fix it? i want my bbm back
    04-05-12 10:04 AM
    Did you try switching the phone to 2G only mode?
    04-08-12 12:05 PM
    Hi bbueding,

You are most welcome!

Thanks for unlocking your Blackberry with us!

If you have any questions at all let me know,

Best Regards,

James
    Hi James,

Please help me out for the following problems with my 9930 from Verizon:
    1.Cannot perform network requests, e.g. *133# (to check prepaid airtime balance)
    2.BIS does not function
    3.Cannot perform any browsing
    Thanks..
    05-08-12 10:21 AM
    Hi James,

Please help me out for the following problems with my 9930 from Verizon:
    1.Cannot perform network requests, e.g. *133# (to check prepaid airtime balance)
    2.BIS does not function
    3.Cannot perform any browsing
    Thanks..
    You can only use the Verizon short code to activate the phone if you have a CDMA cellular signal from the Verizon network. I believe you are outside USA and unable to access Verizon services.

You need to use the phone's SIM functionality to connect to a local network providing BlackBerry data services. If not unlocked the phone must be unlocked to allow it to use a locally sourced non-Verizon SIM card. When you have a working local SIM you would need to add BlackBerry data to the permitted services on the SIM - the cellular network sets this up. Then setup your BIS account.
    05-08-12 04:35 PM
    Thanks for you excellent answer branta,

royalR, branta is correct, if you are trying to use verizon's services overseas that may be the reason you are having problems.

And if you are unlocked and using a sim from another network, then verizon's short codes won't work while using the new network.

Also if you are using a different network and the bis features aren't functioning you will need to install your networks service books on the phone.

Are you using Verizon or a different network?

Let us know, we are all glad to help.

By the way Nice to meet you branta, Thanks for taking your time to moderate the forums

It's very much appreciated,

Cheers,

James
    05-08-12 05:38 PM
    We've been getting a lot of pms with unlocking questions

if any one has questions feel free to post them on the thread instead
    so all crackberry users can benefit from the Q & A's

Cheers,

James
    07-18-12 08:50 PM
    The Blackberry 9930 says it unlocked (it shows inactive). However it says Service required and when i manually search i get an error that says try again when a voice call is not active?

Im trying to get it to work in Jamaica its a verizon 9930

ANy help
    08-06-12 12:19 PM
    it says OFF.
    08-06-12 01:58 PM
    Ive done that already, it doesnt work it just searches and stops. I even wiped the phone and reloaded the OS. Ive tried editing ##000000 option.

Im not sure what is happening
    08-06-12 03:54 PM
    Yessir, Thats exactly how it looks
    08-07-12 10:36 AM
    Still unable to get the berry to work.... any suggestions
    08-09-12 10:32 AM
    Have you tried a different sim ?
    08-09-12 12:30 PM
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I got a Bold 9930 from a friend which is not yet unlocked and still on Verizon. I need to switch the phone to my Sprint account and thought this would work since they are both CDMA networks. Must I absolutely get his ESN in order to complete the switch? And what steps would I follow to get the phone to my network? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
    08-30-12 09:35 PM
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I got a Bold 9930 from a friend which is not yet unlocked and still on Verizon. I need to switch the phone to my Sprint account and thought this would work since they are both CDMA networks. Must I absolutely get his ESN in order to complete the switch? And what steps would I follow to get the phone to my network? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Sorry, won't work on Sprint. It is CDMA but completely different com boards. They are not compatible.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    08-31-12 12:18 AM
    I've got a 9930 which is barely "used" on Verizon USA network.
    I have also purchased unlock code from CellUnlock.net.

After reading entire topic carefully, first I have turned All Connections OFF, than I have changed the Network Technology from Global to GSM/UMTS, also changed the Network Mode from 3G & 2G to 2G only.

After that I removed the battery in order to insert my existing T-Mobile SIM card (T-Mobile post paid account with unlimited BIS and everything which I am currently using on my ancient Curve 8900).

Than Advanced System Settings > SIM Card > typed mepd and got the list of the five items (all "Disabled" except Network says "Inactive").

Now, here is the problem:

I typed "mep (alt) 2" (without the quotes of course) = nothing pops up to ask me for the unlock code.

Than I tried "(alt) mepe" = nothing again!

Than I tried above combinations with capital letters = nothing again!

Rebooted the device and tried again with all combinations several times (mep/MEP(alt)2 and (alt) mepe/MEPE = NOTHING AGAIN!

Wiped the device couple of times, tried all combinations again and again... Another NOTHING!

So, am I missing something here?

Why the heck I can't get that prompt to enter the unlock code?

What are my options?

Thank you in advance.
    09-14-12 08:33 PM
    Pls I am buying some Verizon 9900 from the US to use in NIgeria, there's one attempt left on them, can you help me unlock them? Thank you in advance
    09-15-12 09:07 AM
    I've got a 9930 which is barely "used" on Verizon USA network.
    I have also purchased unlock code from CellUnlock.net.

After reading entire topic carefully, first I have turned All Connections OFF, than I have changed the Network Technology from Global to GSM/UMTS, also changed the Network Mode from 3G & 2G to 2G only.

After that I removed the battery in order to insert my existing T-Mobile SIM card (T-Mobile post paid account with unlimited BIS and everything which I am currently using on my ancient Curve 8900).

Than Advanced System Settings > SIM Card > typed mepd and got the list of the five items (all "Disabled" except Network says "Inactive").

Now, here is the problem:

I typed "mep (alt) 2" (without the quotes of course) = nothing pops up to ask me for the unlock code.

Than I tried "(alt) mepe" = nothing again!

Than I tried above combinations with capital letters = nothing again!

Rebooted the device and tried again with all combinations several times (mep/MEP(alt)2 and (alt) mepe/MEPE = NOTHING AGAIN!

Wiped the device couple of times, tried all combinations again and again... Another NOTHING!

So, am I missing something here?

Why the heck I can't get that prompt to enter the unlock code?

What are my options?

Thank you in advance.

Can somebody answer me please???
    09-18-12 04:12 PM
    If it reads "Inactive" next to "Network", then it is already unlocked and typing 'mep2' won't do anything.

So what exactly is your question?
    sobetron likes this.
    09-18-12 05:07 PM
167 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD