Yes after unlocking Blackberry there is no more activated SIM lock so your can use any SIM card of a GSM carrier in your area!
    10-15-11 10:23 PM
    i cant unlock my sprint 9930!!! i need help asap... i entered mepd then it got me to that personalize screen... then i type mep2 and nothing shows up!!!!
    10-16-11 12:03 AM
    Hi m0j09987,

Just do it this way instead

1) Insert an unaccepted SIM card � one that's not from the network your phone is locked to.

2) Select yes when prompted if you want to enter an unlock code(MEP Code)

3) Enter your BOLD 9930's unlock code.

Wait about 10-30 seconds and it should connect to the network carrier that the inserted SIM card is from.

(NOTE you may need to switch the phone to GSM MODE if it's not yet set to it. You can do this in the network settings section.)

That's it! Easy as 1 - 2 - 3!

Cheers!

James

i cant unlock my sprint 9930!!! i need help asap... i entered mepd then it got me to that personalize screen... then i type mep2 and nothing shows up!!!!
    10-16-11 03:41 AM
    This is the whole procedure, follow it,
    Ensure a SIM Card is inserted
    Go to ‘Manage Connections’
    Click on ‘Turn All Connections Off’
    Go to ‘Options’
    Click on ‘Device’
    Click on ‘Advanced System Settings’
    Click on ‘SIM Card’
    Type ‘MEPD’ (NOTE: you might need to type in caps, also letters will not appear on-screen but you will be presented with personalization screen, that will display 5 locks such as network, service provider etc)
    Type ‘MEP2′ or hold ALT and type MEPE (NOTE: user will be prompted to enter MEP code)
    Enter the MEP2 code (CONFIRM you get “Code Accepted” message)
    Reboot device
    Go to ‘Manage Connections’
    Click on ‘Restore Connections’
    Device is now unlocked
    10-16-11 09:35 AM
    Thanks,

He already got it solved
    10-20-11 05:30 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update, we got a couple emails from people today asking if the Verizon 9930 will work in Canada.

To confirm, yes the Verizon 9930 bold when unlocked will work with any GSM network worldwide on 2G speeds.

It will work with Rogers, Fido, Chatr, 7-11 speakout in Canada as well as with AT&T & T-Mobile & Simple Mobile in the States on 2G.

If you have any other questions, Just ask! You can also send us an email at James @ BlackberryCodeSource.com
    Last edited by BlackberryCodeSource; 11-11-11 at 06:59 PM.
    11-11-11 06:56 PM
    If you need the MSL/SPC code let us know.
    11-11-11 08:49 PM
    a very helpful post. will be very useful to new comers on this forum with questions about unlocking
    11-13-11 01:28 PM
    Should also add that the 9930 will not work with BELL/Telus/WIND/Virgin in Canada.
    11-13-11 03:37 PM
    Yes, the Verizon Bold 9930 won't work with Bell, Telus, Wind, Mobilicity, Virgin Mobile or Solo Mobile in Canada.

It will work with Rogers, Fido, Chatr and 7-11 speakout in Canada.
    Shawn Benard likes this.
    11-13-11 08:43 PM
    Will work on 3G overseas.
    11-14-11 03:58 PM
    Yes, it will, but just make sure the network you want to use it with uses the same 3G frequencies as the Verizon 9930

Cheers,

James
    11-16-11 06:02 PM
    Thanks for all the information. It will indeed be helpful
    11-17-11 11:39 AM
    No problem,

Glad the info was of help

If anyone has any unlocking questions,

ask any of us we would be glad to help!
    11-17-11 05:53 PM
    Hey guys! Could anyone do me a HUGE favor and send me an unlock code for the Verizon Bold 9930? My email is [email protected]. I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Drew
    11-20-11 04:41 PM
    Please enter in one of our forum contests thanks.
    11-20-11 06:49 PM
    Hey guys! Could anyone do me a HUGE favor and send me an unlock code for the Verizon Bold 9930? My email is [email protected]. I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Drew
    Hello Drew!

Usually you need to buy an unlock code, but we're having a contest in the unlocking companies forum, feel free to enter it for a free unlock code!
    11-20-11 09:38 PM
    A couple people emailed today asking if the 9930 can be used with T-Mobile, to confirm
    yes it will, but it will only work on 2G with T-Mo
    TienVo likes this.
    12-02-11 02:48 AM
    Dear, friends . Please help me. I followed all the instruction given in the blackberryunlocking.us go get the service book . However, when I run the Crackulti, it asks for my password. Where can I find it ? I also call T-mobile to fix the problems . Although they showed me every steps, such as register TCP-IP , etc... the BB still can not connect to the internet. Please help me . Thanks
    01-13-12 06:42 PM

Thanks!

Drew
    Most of us unlockers here can help you unlock your Blackberry.
    01-20-12 05:47 PM
    hey guys, i have read all the pages of this topic and have found some interesting stuff, but the problem by me is: i unlocked my 9930 from VERIZON tio use on Tmobile. i have a BIS package from TMobile.
    my Phone is unlocked and PHONE ONLY works. NO DATA.

edge stays in small letters, when i try to register the phone through HRT, it tells me "message sent" but it doesnt go through and i dont get an answer of "registration."

internet works only via WIFI, all the rest doesnt work out opf WIFI coverage.

can anyone pls help me.
    thank you
    02-02-12 04:35 PM
    hey guys, i have read all the pages of this topic and have found some interesting stuff, but the problem by me is: i unlocked my 9930 from VERIZON tio use on Tmobile. i have a BIS package from TMobile.
    my Phone is unlocked and PHONE ONLY works. NO DATA.

edge stays in small letters, when i try to register the phone through HRT, it tells me "message sent" but it doesnt go through and i dont get an answer of "registration."

internet works only via WIFI, all the rest doesnt work out opf WIFI coverage.

can anyone pls help me.
    thank you
    02-02-12 04:41 PM
    You will need to carry over the tmobile service books to the device. There is a tutorial in the forum to show you.
    02-02-12 05:23 PM
    will it help if i go to a Tmobile shop?
    02-02-12 05:44 PM
    I bought a verizon blackberry 9930 and unlocked it but when I put my telus sim card in, it only finds the rogers network. Can anyone help me please?
    02-03-12 06:45 PM
167 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD