Hey Crackberry,

The following months are very important for the future of Blackberry, and I can't speak for anyone else but I am very excited to get my hands on some of these new phones coming out!

With the new Torch models being released right around this time in Canada, U.K., and the U.S., and soon around the world... I figured this would be a great time to throw up our "how to unlock" listing on CB...

Hopefully these, along with the new Bold touch phones, will be the "hail mary" that us Crackberry members and Blackberry users around the world have been waiting for!!

And as everyone knows, a blackberry isn't a blackberry unless you have the freedom to roam the planet with no restrictions!! So, with that being said....

The answer is YES!! The new Blackberry Torch 9810 9850 9860 models will be and are 100% UNLOCKABLE!!!!

No matter what country & carrier the phone is locked to; T-mobile Verizon At&t Rogers Fido Telus Bell Koodo Mobilicity Virgin Mobile Wind O2 Vodafone Orange etc...

You will be able to INSTANTLY unlock your phone by either getting the Unlock code from us, one of the other great unlocker's on Crackberry, or even calling your carrier... the options are endless!!

Now the process of getting your Torch 9810/9850/9860 Unlock code is simple, fast, and the exact same as all other blackberry's......

Just retrieve the 15 digit IMEI out of your phone by typing in *#06# into the dialpad and give that to whoever you decide to get your unlock code from...

Once you receive your code just follow the simple unlocking instructions provided by your carrier or the unlocking company and you will have your Blackberry unlocked in MINUTES! It's simple, takes no technical knowledge, and ends with you simply just typing in the unlock code into the dialpad. It will say "Code Accepted", the phone will pick up your new network, and your ready to go!!

Once unlocked....

You can use your phone on ANY Gsm Carrier in the world!! Also, your phone will never re-lock, it won't void the warranty or harm the phone, you can swap sim cards back & forth as you like, it's 100% legal, & it even raises the re-seller value of your phone!!

AND THAT'S IT!! How to unlock your Blackberry Torch 9810/9850/9860 in a nutshell!!!

Be sure to ask us or any of the other unlocker's here on Crackberry about the 3G compatibility on your new carrier.

We can also help you move the data package over to your new network.

Anyways!! If you need help unlocking your Blackberry Torch or have ANY other questions about these new Blackberry's please let us know, we're here to help.

Thank you for reading and we look forward to hearing from you!!!
    08-11-11 01:03 PM
    We have a "how to Unlock Torch 9810/9850/9860" Video as well if anyone needs to see how to do it as well!!
    08-11-11 01:13 PM
    Great job!It would be really helpful...
    08-14-11 10:26 AM
    OS7 is pretty much the same setup to unlock the new BB devices. ..
    08-14-11 10:34 AM
    thanks unlockpro! and yes i've always loved bb unlocking for the ease cost and convenience it is. so much easier than most
    08-14-11 01:38 PM
    i just hope i can get 4g on my 9810!! I need a excuse to get rid of my glitchy android phone
    08-15-11 03:00 PM
    amen to 4g! and also, just announced at&t is picking up 9810 next week. It'll be a good compliment to my newest qwerty phone
    08-15-11 03:16 PM
    Great post! Love my 9900!
    08-16-11 08:47 PM
    This is good posting form CrackBerry Addict, keep your good work.
    08-25-11 12:49 AM
    Thank you for the input.
    08-25-11 11:17 AM
    haha. sarcasism cellunlock?? i LIKE IT

again, anyone got any questions let us know!! Us, cellunlock and others can help you out!!
    08-26-11 08:19 AM
    verizon is releasing the touch screen torch later on this week! if any one has any questions about unlocking or post unlocking configuration let us know
    09-04-11 10:04 AM
    Been getting a TON of demand for the new 9860's that have been hitting the market, any questions about unlocking, configuring, or anything else... please ask!!
    09-30-11 04:53 AM
    What am I doing wrong?? Nothing happens when I put in the code or when I type mep2.

Not sure if the phone is unlocked cause I get SIM card Error....?!? Its like the phone wont read the Sim card at all, cause when I
    put in a Verizon it kinda works...
    Sorry about this but this is very strange...hope to get some help fast
    Last edited by melissajessica79; 10-08-11 at 09:09 PM.
    10-08-11 08:49 PM
    Hi mellissajessica,

Use the instructions below

1) Insert any SIM card and turn off all wireless connections

2) Go to Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings -> Sim Card

2) Press and Hold the ALT key and type the letters "mepe" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing)

3) Once you see the Personalization Screen type "mep [alt] 2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing).

You should be prompted for the code. If you're not prompted for the code, Press and Hold the ALT key and type MEP2

Enter the provided unlock code

It's recommend to do a Battery pull after unlocking your Blackberry

(NOTE you may need to switch the phone to GSM MODE if it's not yet set to it. You can do this in the network settings section.)

That's it! Easy as 1 - 2 - 3!

Let me know if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to help

Cheers!

James

What am I doing wrong?? Nothing happens when I put in the code or when I type mep2.

Not sure if the phone is unlocked cause I get SIM card Error....?!? Its like the phone wont read the Sim card at all, cause when I
    put in a Verizon it kinda works...
    Sorry about this but this is very strange...hope to get some help fast
    Last edited by BlackberryCodeSource; 10-09-11 at 05:20 PM.
    10-09-11 01:54 AM
    Still wont work.. I've tried holding the alt key and everything, nothing happens when i try to type MEP2

With my Verizon Sim card and when I type MEPD this is what I get:
    Sim - Disabled
    Network - Inactiv
    Network Subset - Disabled
    Service Provider - Disabled
    Corporate - Disabled

Then when I type MEP2 nothing happens

With my European SIM card, and I type MEPD this is what I get:
    Sim - Unknown
    Network - Unknown
    Network Subset - Unknown
    Service Provider - Unknown
    Corporate - Unknown

Last edited by melissajessica79; 10-09-11 at 08:50 AM.
    10-09-11 08:17 AM
    Still wont work.. I've tried holding the alt key and everything, nothing happens when i try to type MEP2

With my Verizon Sim card and when I type MEPD this is what I get:
    Sim - Disabled
    Network - Inactiv
    Network Subset - Disabled
    Service Provider - Disabled
    Corporate - Disabled

With my European SIM card, and I type MEPD this is what I get:
    Sim - Unknown
    Network - Unknown
    Network Subset - Unknown
    Service Provider - Unknown
    Corporate - Unknown

It mar be hard locked or blacklisted
    10-09-11 10:01 AM
    Is there any other way to unlock the phone??? thru the computer/usb or something...
    I can't get to the pop up box where I can put in the unlock codes at all.

So finally I managed to get the phone unlocked, but how do I remove Verizon from my phone???
    Last edited by melissajessica79; 10-09-11 at 08:30 PM.
    10-09-11 06:37 PM
    Yes you can also unlock it via cable but for this you have to visit your nearby shop.
    10-10-11 10:00 AM
    will pm u guys if my 9930 or 9850s locked
    soon v soon
    thnx
    10-12-11 07:27 AM
    Okae waiting for it.
    10-15-11 10:34 AM
    Hard locked can be unlocked by cables but remote unlocking instant service is working just great.
    Type MEP2 see if you have attempts left to unlock remotely.
    10-15-11 10:25 PM
    you can search local shops, it's called "dm3" unlocking.
    10-24-11 11:44 PM
    @melissajessica79 you must need a valid SIM card to unlock your device.
    05-19-12 08:30 PM
    Simunlock ,.. Please do not dig up old threads. .
    05-20-12 10:21 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD