Hey Everyone,

We have been flooded with emails asking if were able to unlock the new Blackberry Torch 9800....the answer is YES!!

We have successfully unlocked the new Blackberry Torch 9800.

The process is pretty much the same as will all other Blackberry phones, we simply need the IMEI of the phone in order to be able to retrieve the unlock code for you Blackberry.

The Blackberry Torch 9800 is expected to be launched officially on August 12th with AT&T, but regardless of the provider your Blackberry 9800 will come from, we can still unlock it.

So there you go! We're always ready for when you need us

Let us know if you need any help unlocking your Blackberry or if you have any questions.

Enjoy your Blackberry Torch 9800!
    DanSTi likes this.
    08-05-10 12:37 AM
    Sweet! I already have one on preorder from Mobilecityonline because I just can't wait for it to hit Canada, and if my Furious Gold Dongle won't unlock it, i'll try you guys!
    08-05-10 09:00 PM
    Sweet! I already have one on preorder from Mobilecityonline because I just can't wait for it to hit Canada, and if my Furious Gold Dongle won't unlock it, i'll try you guys!
    You should be ok with Furious . If not let us know and we will unlock it for you
    08-05-10 09:02 PM
    You should be ok with Furious . If not let us know and we will unlock it for you
    Hehe Sorry. I didn't mean to bring the competition into your thread. You guys have excellent service and if I didn't have the equipment to do it myself, I would/will gladly come to you.

I have a question though. Have they changed the way you access the MEP unlock menu on OS6 or it still the same? THX!
    08-05-10 09:06 PM
    Hehe Sorry. I didn't mean to bring the competition into your thread. You guys have excellent service and if I didn't have the equipment to do it myself, I would/will gladly come to you.

I have a question though. Have they changed the way you access the MEP unlock menu on OS6 or it still the same? THX!
    Yes it has changed a little, you can unlock it at power up when prompted for the code or go through the steps as well. We made a video today of unlocking one.
    08-05-10 09:30 PM
    Sweet. I'll be sure to check out the vid when you have it up. Thanks for the info!
    08-05-10 09:45 PM
    Are all the phone's features still available after you unlock it? I've never unlocked a BB before, and really want this phone on T-Mobile. 3G would still work?
    08-06-10 01:36 AM
    im with tmobile if i unlock it i understand i wont get 3g but would u know if the reception is still good?
    08-06-10 01:37 AM
    3G will not work on any carrier other than AT&T in the USA due to differing 3G frequencies (correct me if I am wrong, I am not from the USA). EDGE(2G) will work fine though. We are lucky here in Canada because our big 3 carriers use the same 3G frequency (same as AT&T).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GibMcFragger; 08-06-10 at 12:38 PM.
    08-06-10 09:01 AM
    Are all the phone's features still available after you unlock it? I've never unlocked a BB before, and really want this phone on T-Mobile. 3G would still work?
    All features will work if you have a Blackberry Data Plan with T-Mobile. No 3G on T-Mobile, only EDGE.
    08-06-10 09:40 AM
    3G will not work on any carrier other than AT&T in the USA due to differing 3G bandwidths (correct me if I am wrong, I am not from the USA). EDGE(2G) will work fine though. We are lucky here in Canada because our big 3 carriers use the same 3G frequency (same as AT&T).

You are correct
    08-06-10 09:40 AM
    Thanks for the info guys! Guess I'll just have to hope and pray that they bring the phone to T-Mobile.
    08-06-10 12:02 PM
    Here's a video we posted on YouTube showing the unlocking
    08-09-10 01:51 PM
    Nice video!

Can't wait till the 9800 is out!
    08-09-10 08:55 PM
    So here we are a couple of hours to official launch. Let us know if you get it and if you need help unlocking it.
    08-11-10 11:28 PM
    Will all features including 3G work on the unlocked 9800 on Telcel in Mexico?
    08-12-10 11:02 AM
    Online order sent for 2 Torches
    08-12-10 03:33 PM
    Online order sent for 2 Torches
    You have mail
    08-12-10 03:38 PM
    Will I be able to order the code online prior to owning the Blackberry, or is the IMEI required.
    08-12-10 08:50 PM
    Will I be able to order the code online prior to owning the Blackberry, or is the IMEI required.
    We need the imei, but we're ready when you are
    08-12-10 08:52 PM
    Would I be able to use the full functions of the Blackberry in countries like Singapore and Ireland, provided I subscribe to the respective Blackberry Data plans in the countries?

Also, could you please just briefly describe how you are able to retrieve these "unique" codes that are different for each Blackberry, as I find it a little strange that a third-party company has full access to all these codes. Sorry to be such a nosy parker, was just hoping to get a little more assurance if it's okay with you guys.

Thanks.
    08-12-10 09:05 PM
    Would I be able to use the full functions of the Blackberry in countries like Singapore and Ireland, provided I subscribe to the respective Blackberry Data plans in the countries?

Also, could you please just briefly describe how you are able to retrieve these "unique" codes that are different for each Blackberry, as I find it a little strange that a third-party company has full access to all these codes. Sorry to be such a nosy parker, was just hoping to get a little more assurance if it's okay with you guys.

Thanks.
    Yes you will be able to use all features if you have a Blackberry Data Plan. Codes are now calculated with special softwares and data.
    08-12-10 10:39 PM
    Let us know if you still need help unlocking your Blackberry Torch 9800!
    08-13-10 11:35 AM
    How much are the codes?

08-13-10 12:20 PM
    How much are the codes?

Send us an email and we will take care of you
    08-13-10 12:36 PM
389 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD