Hi everybody, I just had a quick question:

How can you tell if you have a refurbished Curve 8330?

Are there any labelling differences or does it say somewhere that it is refurbished?

Thanks in advance
    04-25-09 06:39 PM
    Does it say FRU on the inside label? or the paper work they gave you as well
    04-25-09 06:41 PM
    Does it say FRU on the inside label? or the paper work they gave you as well
    Will it say FRU on the label with the ESN?
    04-25-09 06:48 PM

Are there any labelling differences or does it say somewhere that it is refurbished?

Thanks in advance
    Where did you get the replacement?
    04-25-09 07:54 PM
    Where did you get the replacement?
    I don't have a replacement actually. I bought my Curve brand new, but it has been causing me lots of problems and I'm trying to have Sprint replace it.

I was curious if they explicitly label on the unit itself that the unit is a refurbished Curve or not.

Also, does anybody know who at Sprint I should talk with to replace my Curve? The store said they can do nothing to fix my problems (dust under screen, freezing, trackball lag, just to name a few).
    04-26-09 03:42 AM
    I purchased a refurb Bold from ATT and the only thing I noticed different was that the number keys on the keypad are white instead of red. I wondered if I got the shaft or if it was how they distribute refurbs. Anyone else have this problem? I kinda feel left out. Blah.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 03:54 AM
    You can tell if its a refurb if the service books (email accounts) haven't been deleted. Sometimes, they don't do this.
    04-26-09 11:28 AM
    I don't have a replacement actually. I bought my Curve brand new, but it has been causing me lots of problems and I'm trying to have Sprint replace it.

I was curious if they explicitly label on the unit itself that the unit is a refurbished Curve or not.

Also, does anybody know who at Sprint I should talk with to replace my Curve? The store said they can do nothing to fix my problems (dust under screen, freezing, trackball lag, just to name a few).
    They will tell you beforehand whether it will be new or refurbished. As far as your problems go, if you have TEP they should be able to replace it for you.
    04-26-09 03:38 PM
    with at&t there is a way to tell if the phone is a refurb.

you cannot tell physically since the unit is completly refreshed with new housing, but if u look inside the battery compartment, there is a white sticker with the letters "ATC"

i know this because in my household we have several refurbished phones and they all have that sticker, since my blackberry bold and one of my sisters curve were purchased new at one point (i didnt buy my bold new but the person before me did), thus not having the refurbished sticker.
    04-29-09 03:12 AM
    I work for a Sprint Service and Repair Center. Go to the Sprint website and use the store locator to find a full service center in your area, take the phone into them and they should order you an Advance Exchange phone if you have insurance there should be no cost. In all the time I have been working as a tech I have never seen a bad refurbed berry so you should be good. I think I am even using a refurb myself right now;o)

c_a_m
    04-29-09 05:31 PM
    I would get it replaced for the dust under the screen, it should only take a day or 2 for the phone to come in. In the meantime there are a couple of posts right here on CB that wil walk you through taking out/cleaning your trackball (or have the tech at the store do it) so you have something that you can live with until your replacement comes in.

c_a_m
    04-29-09 05:34 PM
    I'm new here and I really need some help. I just bought my BB 8330 from EBAY and had it activated on Sprint. I asked the rep who was activating my phone If she could make sure it was NEW and not USED. It was sold to me as new. She ran the ESN and said that the ESN had never been activated before so therefore, it must be new. So I went to Sprint.blackberry.com to set up my BB like she told me too. When I typed in my BB pin # and MSID/ESN I was issued a message that said this phone was already signed up . Upon further investigation, The BB tech dept told me there were 3 email accounts already linked to the pin # on my phone. I don't understand how the ESN # having supposedly never gotten activated before , how did 3 email accounts become linked to my pin#? I'm kind bummed about this I really didn't want to get taken on EBAY. I did my homework... or so I thought. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance!
    Jim
    05-27-09 10:31 PM
    Whats the big deal? Just pretend its new how about that?
    12-01-09 01:22 PM

Thanks in advance
    There is a much easier way. Go to the options menu then go to About, then scroll down. If it's refurbished, it will have a Y.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD