Anyone know the show on WSKG where an older guy interviews important people? I was watching it last night and they had Sprint's CEO on it. Was a new episode. They were talking a lot about his life, how he got to be CEO, some Sprint issues, etc. Was pretty interesting.

The only reason why Sprint is afloat is because of Nextell IMO. But even that is a dieing breed now. The government would never allow AT&T or Verizon to buy Sprint do to monopoly issues. Would be interesting if a holding company got it. Sprint still is deploying their 4G network, so either they think they are OK, or who knows...

I like Sprint always have. Was a loyal customer for a long time. But their network quality wasn't very good. Even with full bars I was hard to hear, or others were hard to hear for me. Was the same with 1 bar to 5.
    09-11-09 04:08 PM

No kidding - especially that Twins guy up there with his overly harsh retorts. Sheesh, some people!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    seriously he is a PITA sometimes, lol
    09-11-09 04:09 PM
    seriously he is a PITA sometimes, lol
    Sometimes?

Man, I have to work harder!

09-11-09 04:33 PM
    Let's see here - people like you think you can buy Camel stock or Buick stock, instead of RJR or GM.

You're one of those here not proving amything except how little you actually know.

Never implied that at all. And my bad, never meant to be in VZW forum it came up under New Post.
    09-11-09 04:54 PM
    Sometimes?

Man, I have to work harder!

Twins, take a break, you need one! =D

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-11-09 04:58 PM
    Twins, take a break, you need one! =D

Thnx, �Tripster�

yeah he does, lol
    09-11-09 05:01 PM
    Verizon Communications Inc., headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 87 million customers nationwide. Verizon's Wireline operations provide converged communications, information and entertainment services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network. Wireline also includes Verizon Business, which delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of more than 235,000 and last year generated consolidated operating revenues of more than $97 billion
    I didn't realize someone could be as dense as you're being right now. There is a difference between Verizon COMMUNICATION. and Verizon WIRELESS. Read your own source.
    09-11-09 06:02 PM
    Verizon doesn't need to respond to Sprint's new offering. They have a HUGE customer base (making IN calling a great value) and awesome service. I used to have Verizon and I do admit, they are a little pricey for me now but I enjoyed getting reliable service everywhere. I mean, what's the point of having a cell phone if it won't work in half of the places that you go to?

Sprint is just totally not worth the money. It's a joke. Yes it has GREAT plans (funny- I actually pay 80/month for unlimited everything on tmo which is less!) the coverage is really bad. I have a couple friends with Sprint and they don't get very good coverage. It's such a rip off. Voice quality stinks too.
    09-11-09 06:12 PM
    Verizon doesn't need to respond to Sprint's new offering. They have a HUGE customer base (making IN calling a great value) and awesome service. I used to have Verizon and I do admit, they are a little pricey for me now but I enjoyed getting reliable service everywhere. I mean, what's the point of having a cell phone if it won't work in half of the places that you go to?

Sprint is just totally not worth the money. It's a joke. Yes it has GREAT plans (funny- I actually pay 80/month for unlimited everything on tmo which is less!) the coverage is really bad. I have a couple friends with Sprint and they don't get very good coverage. It's such a rip off. Voice quality stinks too.
    Might be true for some, but for me, Sprint works fantastically. As always, others' mileage may vary, but for me, Sprint works great....never any huge problems with coverage, and none of my friends or family have complained about voice quality. *shrug*

For some, it's VZ, for some, it's TMo....but for me, it's Sprint.

But, as you said, VZ doesn't have to respond to Sprint's latest move. If they do or they don't, no skin off my nose -- I've still got a good carrier that works for me for where I live, work, and travel.
    09-11-09 06:19 PM
    I've still got a good carrier that works for me for where I live, work, and travel.
    And that is what matters.

What gets me though are the people who are with one of the lower cost carriers, have issues, but can't or won't afford the switch to something better - and still defend their current carrier as if it was some religious right.

09-11-09 06:24 PM
    And that is what matters.

What gets me though are the people who are with one of the lower cost carriers, have issues, but can't or won't afford the switch to something better - and still defend their current carrier as if it was some religious right.

And those that have the lower cost carriers and want to cancel due to poor coverage/customer service and expect VZW to price match their current plan.
    09-11-09 06:39 PM
    Man, if everybody doesn't calm down were all gonna have to gather around the camp fire and smoke the peace pipe, Ya Man!
    09-11-09 07:37 PM
    Man, if everybody doesn't calm down were all gonna have to gather around the camp fire and smoke the peace pipe, Ya Man!
    Personally, I am still waiting to see your proof of ownership of 1 share of Verizon Wireless stock........................If you're on a budget, PM me your PAYPAL info and I would be more than happy to cover that 1 share of stock for you. Merry Christmas.

Now pass the peace pipe.
    09-11-09 09:47 PM
    Might be true for some, but for me, Sprint works fantastically. As always, others' mileage may vary, but for me, Sprint works great....never any huge problems with coverage, and none of my friends or family have complained about voice quality. *shrug*

For some, it's VZ, for some, it's TMo....but for me, it's Sprint.

But, as you said, VZ doesn't have to respond to Sprint's latest move. If they do or they don't, no skin off my nose -- I've still got a good carrier that works for me for where I live, work, and travel.
    Glad it works for you.

I'm actually from Upstate NY too (Rochester) and coverage for my friends (who live there too) is just really bad with Sprint but you get good coverage in Syracuse! wow it's funny how much it varies, right?
    09-11-09 10:13 PM
    Glad it works for you.

I'm actually from Upstate NY too (Rochester) and coverage for my friends (who live there too) is just really bad with Sprint but you get good coverage in Syracuse! wow it's funny how much it varies, right?
    Oh, definitely! As you (as a T-Mo customer and forumite) may have noticed, I'm also looking into T-Mobile. I'm all about weighing my options. Sprint's been pretty good to me so far, but I'd be doing a disservice if I didn't continue to do my research, since I rely on my BB so much for work, school, and even my volunteer work. I practically live with the thing glued to my right hand.

In the end, I hope that's what everybody does...their research to find the best deal for them. Just because a carrier isn't one person's cup of tea doesn't mean it'll be that way for another. I've got tons of friends who use Verizon and swear by them. Me? Just not so much. Personal preference.

As I said somewhere else, (I've said so many things in the last couple of days 'cuz I've been at home, sick, and staving off cabin fever by diving into CB and helping people! ) I just don't get what people gain by bashing each other's carriers. Sure, there's personal opinion, but sometimes, I swear....it's like pure hatred between their customers around here. Guess we're all just very passionate people!

So, if VZ doesn't do a plan-for-plan match with Sprint over this deal, then that's dandy. It's a nice perk, but for some carriers, it's not a move that works with their business model. So be it...lots of other plan options out there, and you're sure to get the deal that's right for you.
    09-11-09 10:24 PM
    Glad it works for you.

It really does vary - the truth is that Sprint & T-Mobile have the most optimistic coverage $aps on the planet, which makes an intelligent decision difficult. I can't use my Palm Pre or BlackBerry 8900 up in most of the mountain communities of Arizona, yet their coverage maps claim good coverage. Too far off the Interstates & it is usually AT&T, and almost always VZW that keeps me connected.
    1900MHz PCS service, like what Sprint uses, was conceived as a metro-area service to replace local wirelines. It is very iffy indoors when there isn't a tower nearby & fades away much faster than VZW's 800MHz national spectrum.

09-11-09 10:27 PM
    You know since this conversation is starting to sway to coverage controversy here's a good one for you.
    I heard a commercial today on my local am radio (don't judge me!)
    Claiming sprints fast and reliable 4g speeds in Boise.
    Claiming a customer can watch 4 hd videos at once or some such. Apparenty Sprint claims 4g in the valley here... Anyone else got claims of this and been able to test the speed differences? I'm curious.

09-11-09 10:44 PM
    It is faster - average of 2-4X faster than 3G. As long as you're in a coverage area, close to facilities and as long as you're not too mobile.

Pretty much, as long as you're at home & not driving down the freeway.

A big problem with the WiMAX that Clearwire is rolling out, besides being extremely sporadic, is its available bandwidth is very limited. Get too many people online at once & you're screwed.

09-11-09 11:24 PM
    So bottom line is Sprint better than VZW for the PRICE?

09-11-09 11:39 PM
    So bottom line is Sprint better than VZW for the PRICE?
    Not if you expect it to work simply everywhere.

09-11-09 11:45 PM
    oh yeah, i forgot to address the original title. how fast are they going to react to this? ever seen the turtle and the hare.......
    09-12-09 12:07 AM
    I'm not sure I see what you mean.

09-12-09 03:26 AM
    I have love for both carriers, I myself have been with Sprint for over 10 years but am going to Verizon next week because of one issue. I have an account leech. I have a guy that has taken ownership of my account because of all of the bills Sprint has screwed up which doesn't surprise me. He says it is better this way because I only go through him. But he is an ***. I am not going to call him only when its convenient for him to be at work. I am no longer allowed to have anyone make account changes other than him.

Sprint has the best service here out of everyone, everyone has Sprint here. Verizon does not even have a tower. **** when I had Verizon 3 years ago if you had a non BB, you had to drive to Virginia 20 minutes away to get on the Sprint tower to access the internet, but from what the guy at the store is telling me, Blackberry runs on other towers as well so it would always be online and ready.

So I am going from paying $90 a month for Sprint's 1,400 minute family everything data plan, to about $150ish a month for the Vzw comparable plan. The whole you get what you pay for does not come into play here as far as reception, because at least 3 years ago, Sprint's was alot better. So I am hoping my reception will be good here or I am stuck at square one again. And even with 10 friends and family numbers, I worry I will go over my minutes.

All of this, just to get away from this one guy who has control over my account.

But I will speak for this though, Vzw does have exceptional customer service. I never had a problem with them and they were all very professional and polite, unlike Sprint's customer service, **** you cannot even understand anyone in regular CS. Which is why I always dealt with cancellations lol.

I hope that my service is great with Verizon, and I look forward to not having my bills screwed up every month.
    Your story makes no sense, but I guess when 90% of the facts are left out it wouldn't.

As far as coverage goes, no carriers cover 100% terra firma in the US. But if you are lucky enough in your mobile travels to be part of an area where Sprint rules and you don't roam, the new Sprint plan is awesome. Yes as a Verizon customer I am jealous. But since I travel I need to ensure my phone has at least one bar in more places.
    Last edited by i7guy; 09-12-09 at 08:36 AM.
    09-12-09 08:33 AM
    I'm outa here, I already spent to much energy on this , not benefiting anybody.
    Your outta here, 'cause you've been pwned.
    09-12-09 08:39 AM
    It is faster - average of 2-4X faster than 3G. As long as you're in a coverage area, close to facilities and as long as you're not too mobile.

Pretty much, as long as you're at home & not driving down the freeway.

A big problem with the WiMAX that Clearwire is rolling out, besides being extremely sporadic, is its available bandwidth is very limited. Get too many people online at once & you're screwed.

Here's another good one... Had clearwire for years; they recently started calling incecently (every day) about "upgrading" apparently they were bought by a company simply called Clear. I got the exact same modem but with a diff logo and got to keep the same price plan but have, according to them, 3x the bandwidth and speed. As I rarely use my home internet thanks to my blackberry; I havent tested it yet. I guess I should go and download some songs for my guitar hero game and see if it IS faster. hmmm...
    I know this has gotten off subject but Twinz you are very knowledgable ( sometimes longwinded ) but I appriciate your information. What are your thoughts on this?

Oh and regards to the 4G on sprint; I would tend to agree; you'd probobly get it but not while traveling because of the 4G towers probobly being concentrated in the metro areas am I right? I really should get to the sprint website and see if they have a city list of where the 4G is available. I remember when working for AT&T that they did that when they rolled out 3G; they gave a list of cities that they were going to be launching the service in. People would get so mad because they would be sold a "3G" phone but their city didnt HAVE 3G.
    Last edited by heather.law; 09-12-09 at 09:26 AM.
    09-12-09 09:23 AM
128 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD