Yeah, I've noticed that... As far as I'm concerned, they can enjoy their carrier, we can enjoy ours, and we can all live happily under the umbrella of Crackberry. Not every carrier has to be equal...just competitive. That's the beauty of the free-market system.

On this day especially, let me send a message of peace to our CrackBerry bretheren on other carriers. You have a plan that works for you, I have one that works for me. No need to bash each other's company as if we personally own it. Do we have a vested interest as customers? Yes. But really...no need for the bashing.

...a request that may very well get me bashed.

Anyway...peace, love, and BlackBerry.
    well that was a very thoughtful post all i have to say is that your WRONG and you suck!!!!!! jk/lol
    i agree i enjoy coming to see what vzw has to offer and att but choose sprint because they are the best carrier for where and when i need them as far as reception deals and perks.
    i would like to see other peoples input on other carriers rather than saying "you over pay" or "my reception is better than yours across the country" or "your company is going bankrupt"
    you know what i dont care about those. if my company goes bankrupt then i dont have to pay my eft and have to find another carrier. ohh well. no biggie to me.

i dont think of the future. i think of right now and right now i get the best of everything with sprint and have no gripes against them.

so everybody continue your bashing and let us 2 john lennon's of the forum sit back and dream of a perfect forum, lol
    09-11-09 12:25 PM
    Yeah, I've noticed that... As far as I'm concerned, they can enjoy their carrier, we can enjoy ours, and we can all live happily under the umbrella of Crackberry. Not every carrier has to be equal...just competitive. That's the beauty of the free-market system.

On this day especially, let me send a message of peace to our CrackBerry bretheren on other carriers. You have a plan that works for you, I have one that works for me. No need to bash each other's company as if we personally own it. Do we have a vested interest as customers? Yes. But really...no need for the bashing.

...a request that may very well get me bashed.

Anyway...peace, love, and BlackBerry.
    very good post! lets increase the peace today!
    09-11-09 12:36 PM
    Thanks. And I know some people probably wonder why I visit the VZ forums if I'm on Sprint, but I just like to keep up with what other carriers are doing so I can constantly evaluate the best deal for me, especially since dealing with salespeople or the carrier websites -- which are geared toward making sales -- can often be a bit confusing. So, I like to be informed.

So, to answer the original question posed in this thread...I don't think VZ necessarily has to make any kind of move in response, though I'm sure they're mulling it all over at corporate HQ in Basking Ridge to figure out what's the best course of action.

Y'all have a great BlackBerry day.
    09-11-09 12:42 PM
    I was gonna say very surprising post!
    Agree with the peace today
    09-11-09 12:42 PM
    Ohh twins here you go, lol

Your so anti sprint, did they steal an unborn child of yours or something, lol/jk

You just fight for vzw like its your own family buisness, lol
    Just goes to prove that many people will pick up one or two things out of hundreds & claim those couple are the norm.

Anyone else want to explain to this hit & run soul how many of you I've called on the carpet for arbitrarily slamming people for choosing a carrier other than Sprint?

Now, who wants to tell this individual which carriers I have currently?

Just saying...

I think you should check the stock ticker before you go speculating about something you don't know about. And learn how to spell check!

I think you need to understand market trends & how the market collectively yawns with things of this nature.

Then again, someone who chooses to insult on an issue as minor as crossing up the n & m on a smartphone keyboard probably doesn't care anyway, as they have too many petty axes to grind.
    09-11-09 12:46 PM
    I have love for both carriers, I myself have been with Sprint for over 10 years but am going to Verizon next week because of one issue. I have an account leech. I have a guy that has taken ownership of my account because of all of the bills Sprint has screwed up which doesn't surprise me. He says it is better this way because I only go through him. But he is an ***. I am not going to call him only when its convenient for him to be at work. I am no longer allowed to have anyone make account changes other than him.

Sprint has the best service here out of everyone, everyone has Sprint here. Verizon does not even have a tower. **** when I had Verizon 3 years ago if you had a non BB, you had to drive to Virginia 20 minutes away to get on the Sprint tower to access the internet, but from what the guy at the store is telling me, Blackberry runs on other towers as well so it would always be online and ready.

So I am going from paying $90 a month for Sprint's 1,400 minute family everything data plan, to about $150ish a month for the Vzw comparable plan. The whole you get what you pay for does not come into play here as far as reception, because at least 3 years ago, Sprint's was alot better. So I am hoping my reception will be good here or I am stuck at square one again. And even with 10 friends and family numbers, I worry I will go over my minutes.

All of this, just to get away from this one guy who has control over my account.

But I will speak for this though, Vzw does have exceptional customer service. I never had a problem with them and they were all very professional and polite, unlike Sprint's customer service, **** you cannot even understand anyone in regular CS. Which is why I always dealt with cancellations lol.

I hope that my service is great with Verizon, and I look forward to not having my bills screwed up every month.
    09-11-09 01:04 PM
    It is amazing how people on here get soooo offended when someone mentions saving money. People act like...How dare you imply that MY VERIZON not make billions and billions of dollars off of me??!! You people who are getting soooo offended....if you dont want to save money I suggest you start sending verizon wireless double what you pay them and let the rest of us hope for verizon to lower their cost and be competitively priced with sprint. boohoohoo poor you!
    09-11-09 01:36 PM
    ohh this is too funny guys, you all crack me up
    09-11-09 02:21 PM
    The question is whether Verizon will respond with some sort of savings. Sprint has been catching up for a while now and I wouldn't underestimate them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 02:41 PM
    The question is whether Verizon will respond with some sort of savings. Sprint has been catching up for a while now and I wouldn't underestimate them.

never underestimate the underdog.

i am an mma fighter and never take a new or less experienced fighter lightly. always fight like its a pro fight.
    09-11-09 02:57 PM
    Um, VZW is part of Verizon Communications...

Verizon Communications Inc.
    (Public, NYSE:VZ)
    Right.. that means VERIZON is a publicly traded company. Sprint Wireless and AT&T Wireless (&Wireline) are both publicly traded. Verizon Wireless is not.
    09-11-09 03:04 PM
    Verizon Wireless is not a publicly traded company. Shows how much you know about stock.

You do get perks with Verizon Wireless. It's called friends & family.
    Dude! you have posted over 1700 times on this forum and you don't know that your carrier Verizon is a public traded company? Are you smoking CRACK? Here is the proof. Verizon | Investor Relations | Stock Information | Stock Price History
    Last edited by IZZY Dead; 09-11-09 at 03:25 PM.
    09-11-09 03:21 PM
    Verizon Wireless is not a publicly traded company. However they are owned by two publicly traded companies.
    Dude! you have posted over 1700 times on this forum and you don't know that your carrier Verizon is a public traded company? Are you smoking CRACK?
    09-11-09 03:26 PM
    Then why do they show their stock options on there site? Are you a CRACK head too?
    09-11-09 03:31 PM
    Verizon Communications Inc., headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 87 million customers nationwide. Verizon's Wireline operations provide converged communications, information and entertainment services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network. Wireline also includes Verizon Business, which delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of more than 235,000 and last year generated consolidated operating revenues of more than $97 billion
    09-11-09 03:34 PM
    SO you have posted a link to a verizon communications page which show details of stocks for VZ Com, not Verizon Wireless.
    MAN! Check your self, if you can't see the proof through the pudding your Dum and Blind!
    09-11-09 03:39 PM
    Verizon Communications only owns 55% of Verizon Wireless. Vodafone owns the other 45%.

09-11-09 03:41 PM
    MAN! Check your self, if you can't see the proof through the pudding your Dum and Blind!
    Then my friend, here is my challenge to you. Go buy 1 share of VZW stock and post a picture of the certificate here. Then maybe my sight and brain might come back.
    09-11-09 03:42 PM
    Just wow! I agree with you Lastraid!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-11-09 03:44 PM
    I'm outa here, I already spent to much energy on this , not benefiting anybody.
    09-11-09 03:47 PM
    I'm outa here, I already spent to much energy on this , not benefiting anybody.
    Bye!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-11-09 03:49 PM
    good call izzy. this is getting way off the beaten path from the op question
    09-11-09 03:50 PM
    It is amazing how people on here get soooo offended when someone mentions saving money. People act like...How dare you imply that MY VERIZON not make billions and billions of dollars off of me??!! You people who are getting soooo offended....if you dont want to save money I suggest you start sending verizon wireless double what you pay them and let the rest of us hope for verizon to lower their cost and be competitively priced with sprint. boohoohoo poor you!
    So it is okay for people to come into the VZW forums & slam VZW customers, but it isn't okay for those same customers to respond?

Do you walk into Neiman Marcus & yell how much cheaper Walmart is? Smart people don't show up at the shooting range screaming for gun control - if they do, they won't complain later from their pine box.

Scratch that - gun control & intelligence are mutually exclusive.

Quit advertising places where you're not welcome & quietly go save money at wherever - most of us already know the various pricing structures & if we don't, we can figure out the Web addresses to do comparisons.

We have your number pal - and some of us don't like shopping at Dollar General or Walmart.

I have lines on Sprint/Nextel - and AT&T, T-Mobile, VZW & even Orange. If I stayed within 10 miles of home (but not within 2 miles of my home) I might be able to live with Sprint or one of the bargain basement carriers - but only if I didn't mind slumming with the Blue Light Special crowd.

But seriously - there are millions happy with whatever carrier they have - but considering Sprint is bleeding customers despite low prices & ubiquitous advertising, while VZW & AT&T are adding lines, there is far more in play than simply price.

We can discuss the possibilities as to why this is happening, but remember - you're in the VZW forums - we didn't go to the Sprint forums to talk down Sprint.

ohh this is too funny guys, you all crack me up
    No kidding - especially that Twins guy up there with his overly harsh retorts. Sheesh, some people!

09-11-09 03:50 PM
    So it is okay for people to come into the VZW forums & slam VZW customers, but it isn't okay for those same customers to respond?

Do you walk into Neiman Marcus & yell how much cheaper Walmart is? Smart people don't show up at the shooting range screaming for gun control - if they do, they won't complain later from their pine box.

Scratch that - gun control & intelligence are mutually exclusive.

Quit advertising places where you're not welcome & quietly go save money at wherever - most of us already know the various pricing structures & if we don't, we can figure out the Web addresses to do comparisons.

We have your number pal - and some of us don't like shopping at Dollar General or Walmart.

I have lines on Sprint/Nextel - and AT&T, T-Mobile, VZW & even Orange. If I stayed within 10 miles of home (but not within 2 miles of my home) I might be able to live with Sprint or one of the bargain basement carriers - but only if I didn't mind slumming with the Blue Light Special crowd.

But seriously - there are millions happy with whatever carrier they have - but considering Sprint is bleeding customers despite low prices & ubiquitous advertising, while VZW & AT&T are adding lines, there is far more in play than simply price.

We can discuss the possibilities as to why this is happening, but remember - you're in the VZW forums - we didn't go to the Sprint forums to talk down Sprint.

No kidding - especially that Twins guy up there with his overly harsh retorts. Sheesh, some people!

+1, =D!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-11-09 03:54 PM
    Let's see here - people like you think you can buy Camel stock or Buick stock, instead of RJR or GM.

You're one of those here not proving amything except how little you actually know.

09-11-09 04:03 PM
128 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD