Here in Lexington, Kentucky, I pay about $20 for taxes/subcharges every month
    10-20-09 02:07 PM
    That's like 35% of the cost of an ED 450 plan...ridiculous...
    I think at this point I'd be trying to use an out-of-state relatives address if possible...

Am I seeing this right you ditched att?? That didn't take long
    10-20-09 03:40 PM
    Am I seeing this right you ditched att?? That didn't take long
    Yep, only reason was because I sold my Bold and didn't want to re-buy another one. If I had my Bold still I would have sold my other phone and just reactivated the Bold.

I had AT&T for 10 months or so, wasn't that short.
    10-20-09 04:00 PM
    Bah, dropped call #1... Ironically from AT&T customer service.
    10-20-09 05:37 PM
    Why are you getting 2 city taxes?
    Something is wrong with this bill.
    I never noticed the taxes from 2 cities. I have 8 lines but this seems excessive. My office is in Elgin,I'll but I live in Lake in the Hills,IL. The bill is sent to my office. Time to call sprint again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 05:50 PM
    Bah, dropped call #1... Ironically from AT&T customer service.
    hmmmm imagine that! Just curious how did you get outta the contract after only 10 months? Did you just pay the etf because overall sprints cheaper anyways with the any mobile to mobile?
    Last edited by Slammer; 10-20-09 at 06:03 PM.
    10-20-09 06:00 PM
    I never noticed the taxes from 2 cities. I have 8 lines but this seems excessive. My office is in Elgin,I'll but I live in Lake in the Hills,IL. The bill is sent to my office. Time to call sprint again.

you should be taxed according to your billing address.
    You should have a huge credit coming back. It looks like you have 2 city taxes and 2 state taxes.
    10-20-09 06:19 PM

from what I can see it looks like using the Lake In The Hills address lowers your tax rate. Probably because its not in kane county. Elgin can hit you up with cook county tax depending on the address.
    10-20-09 06:22 PM
    hmmmm imagine that! Just curious how did you get outta the contract after only 10 months? Did you just pay the etf because overall sprints cheaper anyways with the any mobile to mobile?
    Just paid the ETF. Usually two ways to get it back:
    1) Cheaper monthly rate
    2) When you sell your current phone.

i.e., paid an ETF to leave Sprint, bought a Bold for $125. Sold it for $350, so it covers the Sprint ETF.
    10-20-09 06:48 PM
    soo far im the 2nd top paying taxed sprint bill.. and that other guy is only because of the messed up bill charging him 2 city taxes
    10-21-09 07:43 AM
    My taxes and surcharges alone were $8.91 for this month.
    10-21-09 04:52 PM
    Heres mine. Wow.

Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $7.55
    Administrative Charge $5.94
    Regulatory Charge $1.20
    --------------
    $14.69

Illinois State-911 Tax $4.38
    Illinois State-Sales Tax $2.64
    Elgin City-If Appl &State Excise Tax $25.73
    Elgin City-Sales Tax $0.40
    Lake In The Hills City-If Appl &State Excise Tax $14.74
    Lake In The Hills City-Sales Tax $0.18
    --------------
    $48.07
    damn dude, that sucks....how are you getting elgin and LITH? either way i live right near you. in West Dundee. lol i live at Sleepy Hollow and 72
    10-21-09 05:58 PM
    damn dude, that sucks....how are you getting elgin and LITH? either way i live right near you. in West Dundee. lol i live at Sleepy Hollow and 72
    I just got back in town. Had my receptionist call Sprint and see what she could do. Long story short-not much.(She's new) The 2 cities thing has to be becuase I live in Lake in the Hills but my office is in Elgin. My bill is sent there as well. Ill start the process early tomorrow morning calling Sprint. I tend to do better with them before 8am.

10-21-09 07:52 PM
    Federal-Univ Serv Assess LD $2.27
    Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $2.23
    Nevada State-Hearing Impaired Fee $0.06
    Clark County-Gross Receipt Taxes $0.60
    Administrative Charge $1.98
    Regulatory Charge $0.40
    --------------
    $7.54
    10-22-09 03:51 AM
    $20.02 in Ky
    10-22-09 08:00 AM
    Heres an update. Talked to Jerry at sprint cust care and he agreed that I've been paying 2 cities' taxes since Jan 08. He said it will be taken care of and reimbursed for the amount. He then gave me a case #.

The best part of this is that I have looked over the bill from time to time to make sure certain credits and discounts had been applied, but seemed to have missed this tax issue. For close to 2 years! I can"t blame Sprint for that part. Haha
    10-22-09 09:17 AM
    i think mine is somewhere around $5
    10-22-09 12:48 PM
    Heres an update. Talked to Jerry at sprint cust care and he agreed that I've been paying 2 cities' taxes since Jan 08. He said it will be taken care of and reimbursed for the amount. He then gave me a case #.

The best part of this is that I have looked over the bill from time to time to make sure certain credits and discounts had been applied, but seemed to have missed this tax issue. For close to 2 years! I can"t blame Sprint for that part. Haha
    Since you have a nice refund coming back and I pointed out the discrepancies, can you pay my bill its only $70 LOL. BTW make sure you only get taxed for Lake In The Hills from now on.

You should be receiving the minimum of $437.41 Elgin/State tax and $6.80 Elgin tax
    Last edited by dj2big; 10-24-09 at 07:01 PM.
    10-24-09 06:56 PM
    My taxes and fees run between $25 and $30 a month, and I DON'T live in Chicago!
    10-25-09 01:53 AM
    Wow, I guess I'll stop complaining about taxes on my phone bill. State & county together, I pay $1.06 / month.
    10-25-09 06:23 AM
    I think I need some assistance on this one. Just got off the phone with some supervisor (name and id noted) saying that its Sprint policy to only credut back 60 days worth. So, basically, she s saying I'm sol on the remaining 16 months of getting double tax. Best part being she was unable to answer where I signed off on this 60 day credit info. Apparently she's escalating this to some other dept? Any ideas guys/girls? I just ported over 3 lines 10 days ago. I could awlays cancel them. I undertsand this shouldve been caught on my end but, it bothers me that I can talk to 5 different supervisors on any issue and get 5 different answers. Thanks everyone.

10-26-09 03:10 PM
    I think I need some assistance on this one. Just got off the phone with some supervisor (name and id noted) saying that its Sprint policy to only credut back 60 days worth. So, basically, she s saying I'm sol on the remaining 16 months of getting double tax. Best part being she was unable to answer where I signed off on this 60 day credit info. Apparently she's escalating this to some other dept? Any ideas guys/girls? I just ported over 3 lines 10 days ago. I could awlays cancel them. I undertsand this shouldve been caught on my end but, it bothers me that I can talk to 5 different supervisors on any issue and get 5 different answers. Thanks everyone.

Tell them your unhappy with the double tax and them not doing anything about it and might have to leave for another carrier.

That will get you switched to retentions, which is a lot more likely to bend. They have two options, credit back a double-tax screwup, or lose a bunch of lines over something stupid.
    10-26-09 04:02 PM

Call 611 select end service option. Explain to retentions what is going on. If they tell you the same thing let them know you have documented this problem. Go onto the Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan web site file a consumer fraud report. Also go on ripoffreport.com make sure when you publish online you are respectful to sprint and use full details. Someone from sprint will get a hold of you. A email to the owners of crackberry in hopes of them publishing your problem will definitely get you results.
    10-26-09 08:59 PM
    Sprint Surcharges $5.54
    Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $1.97
    Administrative Charge $2.97
    Regulatory Charge $0.60
    --------------
    $5.54
    Government Fees & Taxes $8.37
    Georgia State-Sales Tax $2.94
    Dekalb County-911 Tax $1.50
    Dekalb County-Sales Tax $1.51
    Gwinnett County-911 Tax $2.00
    Gwinnett County-Sales Tax $0.42
    --------------
    $8.37

Not sure if it matters but i have 3 lines on the plan. And now that i have really looked at it... I need to see why i am getting billed for two counties... /sigh

~us3rX
    10-26-09 09:10 PM
    Thanks to everyone that responded. Supposedly, a Sprint supervisor is calling me back sometime this Friday. If this net any results, I will pursue the other recommended avenues. I figure I owe Sprint as much. They have always worked with me on small issues.

10-26-09 09:57 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD