I loved AT&T's service, never had a dropped call or anything. But the fact that I was playing a combination of 50 dollars/month strictly on data plan alone was hideous. I figured I could save a few dollars here with Tmobile but I've noticed that while the data plan service is identical, the cell service itself isn't as good as AT&T (at least in my area). I've had a lot of dropped calls, static, etc. I mean, it's nothing I can't deal with, but I felt AT&T's service was flawless.

But I have to give Tmo credit for their customer service. It's the best I've ever dealt with.

If AT&T matched tmo's pricing on the BB data plan, I'd probably go back in a sec.
    06-28-08 12:00 AM
    ya thats why i went with tmobile. might actually have to switch to att because coverage sucks in this area with tmobile, which used to be fine because i could roam on att all the time. but a month ago their contract wasnt renewed so im not on att much, but for some reason i do occasionally get on it. wierd. plus if i do a family plan with the gf its only like 2 bucks more a month for me.
    06-30-08 08:40 AM
    TMobile has the best value and best customer service you will find. Their coverage and other services are growing, and they have other innovative techonology to make up for it.

Only US carrier to have UMA calling over WiFi.

Now, they are offering VoIP home phone service with caller ID, call waiting, conference calling, for only $9.99 addon to your wireless plan!

I have never had problems with TMo, and I love that I do not get overcharged. Great value!
    06-30-08 08:45 AM
    It wasn't until I decided to upgrade my device and finally splurge for a data plan that I switched to TMo. I had ATT previously, strictly a phone plan, and didn't want to pay their inflated costs for data. T-Mobile looked really affordable and my contract was up with ATT, so I figured why not.

I've never looked back since and can honestly say, in my area, TMo's coverage has been just as good, if not better, then ATT was. My gf has ATT and our coverage is nearly identical, with the difference being only a bar every now and then.

I guess I'm a lucky fellow who ended up getting the best value and service. Well, Verizon actually has the best coverage in my area, but the thought of CDMA phone makes me LOL. That's neither here nor there...
    06-30-08 09:45 AM
    It wasn't until I decided to upgrade my device and finally splurge for a data plan that I switched to TMo. I had ATT previously, strictly a phone plan, and didn't want to pay their inflated costs for data. T-Mobile looked really affordable and my contract was up with ATT, so I figured why not.

I've never looked back since and can honestly say, in my area, TMo's coverage has been just as good, if not better, then ATT was. My gf has ATT and our coverage is nearly identical, with the difference being only a bar every now and then.

I guess I'm a lucky fellow who ended up getting the best value and service. Well, Verizon actually has the best coverage in my area, but the thought of CDMA phone makes me LOL. That's neither here nor there...
    How well did your GF take to that whole switch?? No more FREE mobile-to-mobile minutes haha

And I am with you on the whole CDMA thing! ahh!
    06-30-08 09:49 AM
    I've personally heard nothing but good things about Tmo. That being said, I would never personally switch carriers just to save money. My cell phone is key in my daily life - work, family, etc. For me, Verizon has the best coverage, the features I need, and the phone I want. I would never switch to a carrier with whom I am unfamiliar just to save a couple bucks, and perhaps end up regretting it in the long run. Nothing against Tmo, but I wouldn't switch period. I've always subscribed to the theory that you get what you pay for, and Verizon just works for me, making it worth every extra cent I spend.
    06-30-08 09:54 AM
    I switched to T-mobile when I switched off of my parents plan. My main reason was because I was having issues texting my boyfriend, and ATT was having issues sorting it out. I switched to t-mobile and I have not had a problem since. Not to mention the coverage in this area is identical to ATT, the CS is better, and I was paying the same per month for more features. Now I am paying more per month, only because I added the BB data plan, and switched to a myfaves plan.
    06-30-08 10:01 AM
    How well did your GF take to that whole switch?? No more FREE mobile-to-mobile minutes haha

And I am with you on the whole CDMA thing! ahh!
    She's got an 8110, so BB Messenger has helped immensely. She's a MyFave, so I'M good... sorry honey.
    06-30-08 10:04 AM
    I've always been with tmobile and will stick with them. Looking at their BB and calling plans, one really can't get anything better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 10:07 AM
    i guess you could say that with me but it all started back in 2002 but when the sk2 was hot and had the best plan around, since then i never looked back
    06-30-08 10:37 AM
    TMobile has the best value and best customer service you will find. Their coverage and other services are growing, and they have other innovative techonology to make up for it.

Only US carrier to have UMA calling over WiFi.
    Now, they are offering VoIP home phone service with caller ID, call waiting, conference calling, for only $9.99 addon to your wireless plan!

I have never had problems with TMo, and I love that I do not get overcharged. Great value!
    Someone tried to convince me that Sprint offered calling over WiFi.

Does anyone know if that's true or NOT?

Thanks.
    06-30-08 11:59 AM
    Defnitely not true!! They do not even have any WiFi capable Berries!! Sorry! lol

And... the only US carrier with UMA is TMo, I repeat again!

Rogers and Orange also have UMA, I believe. (but those are Canada and UK)
    06-30-08 02:44 PM
    I switched over to Tmo for the UMA wifi calling but it doesn't hurt that it was like 20 bucks cheaper a month than Verizon.
    07-01-08 08:42 AM
    Isn't Sprint the cheapest by far???
    07-01-08 09:13 AM
    Isn't Sprint the cheapest by far???
    Probably is but the coverage sucks in Queens and there's no wifi =(
    07-01-08 09:32 AM
    Isn't the cheapest plan for a BB 60 bucks a month? 1000 min and unlimited txt, data, and web?
    07-03-08 07:47 PM
    I've had every carrier from PrimeCo to At&t. All dropped calls, had static, and other problems. Yes some are worse than others (Nextel). T-Mobile has great prices, awsome customer service and innovative plans. I like them a lot, but I can't say I will never switch.
    07-03-08 08:09 PM
    Someone tried to convince me that Sprint offered calling over WiFi.

Does anyone know if that's true or NOT?

Thanks.
    I hear sprint is supposed to release the airave later this month. From what I read it will function like a mini cell phone tower to give better coverage and then route those calls over your home broadband connection. Monthy cost is supposed to be $15 for unlimited calls and works with all sprint cdma phones. Only downside is you have a gps receiver that you have to hang out your window or the thing don't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 08:18 PM
    I wandered into the VoiceStream store in the summer of 2000 and walked out with a cellphone. Eight years later, I haven't found a good reason to switch from them. The fact that the BB plan was cheaper was just a bonus.
    07-04-08 01:17 AM
    AT&T's plans are a rip off!
    07-04-08 02:21 AM
    AT&T's service, never had a dropped call
    You're one of the few. att/666 used to run a national ad claiming that their service offered the "fewest dropped calls" of any other carrier. Problem was that this was a whopper of a lie (and they knew it). att/666's own subscribers started filing class action lawsuits against the company for fraud. The marketing gurus who run that company quietly pulled the ad when they began to be investigated for false advertising.

I was playing a combination of 50 dollars/month strictly on data plan alone was hideous.
    Your word "hideous" is a good word for your former carrier. att/666 is very well known for having the highest prices in the mobile phone industry.

I felt AT&T's service was flawless.
    Everyone's experiences can be different and it's always important to consider which carrier provides the best service for your specific needs. If "MickeyMouse Mobile" (a fictional name for a fictional small carrier) gives you full signal strength in an office building where all the major carriers have no signal and you spend 1/2 your life in that building, you must consider that "MickeyMouse Mobile" may be the best carrier for your needs. That, of course, does not mean that "MickeyMouse Mobile" is the most appropriate carrier for most others.

If your specific experience is that att/666 gives you good coverage in the areas you travel, that may mean that att/666 may be the carrier for you. It does not mean that att/666 is an acceptable carrier in general. Indeed, we know factually and empirically that att/666 is a horrible company for service coverage in general. J.D. Power and Consumer Reports both are exceptionally well respected consumer research companies who evaluate a number of different services and products in a number of different industries. They both evaluate mobile phone service and they both do so very comprehensively. J.D.Power and Consumer Report have both separately arrived at their own conclusions that att/666 is a "sub par" carrier who consistently fails in every region of the country to provide acceptable service. Both J.D. Power and Consumer Reports rate att/666 as the WORST carrier in every region of the country (att/666 tie for worst with Sprint in the Southern region). Conversely, Verizon and T-Mobile are rated as the best carriers.

If AT&T matched tmo's pricing on the BB data plan, I'd probably go back in a sec.
    Well, again, you must make these decisions on what matters most for you but it seems "unloyal" to reward a company who has "overcharged" you and not served you in the spirit of your best interests. I believe most people who have used both carriers would arrive at a different conclusion. Personally, I used att/666 for many years. I have now been a T-Mobile customer for a little over 4 years. My conclusion would be quite different indeed.

I can tell you without reservation or qualification that if I had to continue to pay T-Mobile what I pay them now or get att/666's service for free, I would not switch. I'm very serious about this. I would pay for T-Mobile before I would take att/666 for free. You must also factor in that here in Southern California, att/666's service is so horrible you would do better with a couple of tin cans and some string, but yes I'd pay for T-Mobile above the option of getting att/666 for free. They are that bad.
    07-04-08 03:22 PM
    I am with you on the whole CDMA thing! ahh!
    Not a big CDMA fan either. But if T-Mobile didn't exist, Verizon would have to be the solution for many of us. I mean if T-Mobile didn't exist, what serious mobile power user would seriously consider att/666 or Sprint/Nextel? Please, not in a million years.

Longer term, Verizon is going to have to join the rest of the world. And keep in mind that their 1/2 parent, Vodafone, is GSM.

I'm with TMo for life at this point, but you have to admit that Verizon is a good 2nd choice for anyone who doesn't care about easy mobile coverage if they never travel outside of the USA.
    07-04-08 03:37 PM
    switched for wi-fi and customer service issues with sprint
    07-04-08 09:52 PM
    Isn't the cheapest plan for a BB 60 bucks a month? 1000 min and unlimited txt, data, and web?
    Just about and that's really cheap considering Verizon charges 30 just for BIS alone.
    07-04-08 10:20 PM
    How many ppl switched to t-mobile strictly for a cheaper BB plan?

Having lived on both coasts, I can say that Sprint has always worked for me; even in areas where other carriers did not. Sprint's pricing has allowed me to cut the ties of a home phone; havent had one in 7 years.

I dont want to find out whether the grass is greener on the other side. I look at it like this- cheaper can and often does result in problems. If it not broke, dont fix it.
    07-05-08 08:30 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD