I'm with ATT and my current phone is the LG VU. My microphone failed on the phone, so I was looking at getting the Curve 8320 from eBay until my contract runs out. My question is how long do you think it would take ATT to notice that my SIM card is no longer in my VU, and inside this Curve? I currently pay $10 for unlimited Internet...and I do NOT want that to go up to the $30 Blackberry plan. I would rather buy another VU or something and wait to get a Berry when I can switch to Sprint. Anyone do anything like this recently? Will ATT instantly know and jack my bill up? Thanks for your time.
    11-24-09 04:35 PM
    AT&T will know the second you place a call with your sim card in a different phone. Also, a BlackBerry will not work on a normal data plan as it uses different servers than the LG VU does. Sorry.
    11-24-09 04:52 PM
    Good ole BIS...oh well. So much for wishful thinking...I'll have my Crackberry soon.
    11-24-09 05:04 PM
    AT&T will know the second you place a call with your sim card in a different phone. Also, a BlackBerry will not work on a normal data plan as it uses different servers than the LG VU does. Sorry.
    That's not true, he won't get push email or bb browser but u can still use the media net browser for Internet or download opera mini for html internet. The system will not switch ur data right away. I have an iPhone/BB and use the $10 data plan wit no issues and have had it for over a year now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 07:53 PM
    I just went through this, I had the LG Shine and my friend gave me his 8310. It took about a day for them to realize that i was using the curve, I can still go on media net but cant access bb app store or compose email. But besides that it works great and I only pay the 10.00 dollars a month for the media net.
    11-24-09 09:04 PM
    Do you know if I can get a pay as you go plan, .25 cents a minute, along with the berry data plan for the new BOLD 9700?
    i dont use that many minutes and dont want to pay $40 bucks when I wont use more than 150 of the 450.
    11-24-09 11:06 PM
    no prepaid berry plans - there is a DATA only plan tho for $35 a month if you want that. no voice is included so you can get another prepaid line just for that and use your 150mins from there.
    11-25-09 05:53 AM
    no prepaid berry plans - there is a DATA only plan tho for $35 a month if you want that. no voice is included so you can get another prepaid line just for that and use your 150mins from there.
    SHoTTa35, voice is included at a PPU price of $0.40/min on the BB data plan only, even though AT&T doesn't advertise this on their website...... Reason I know this, is I am currently using the PP plan for data because I don't talk a lot, but do use data, and a few of the AT&T reps. offered to switch me to this plan, as it will be cheaper for me in the long run, once my FAN account is set up.
    11-25-09 10:21 AM
    Do you know if I can get a pay as you go plan, .25 cents a minute, along with the berry data plan for the new BOLD 9700?
    i dont use that many minutes and dont want to pay $40 bucks when I wont use more than 150 of the 450.
    If you don't use features like email push or the BBM, you could always get the Prepaid Go Phone plan that I'm on now, which is 100MB data for $19.99/month, and $0.25/min. for voice usage. I was able to download the BOLT browser through Media Net, which works faster when browsing full HTML sites on my BB 9700, and MMS works for me as well....... The only things that won't work with the prepaid data plan, are those things that require RIM servers.
    11-25-09 10:27 AM
    One year after I got my curve... I'm still on $15 data plan and no problem.

11-25-09 11:55 AM
    You do realize that 150 mins, at .25 a min is 37.50 right, why not sign up for the 450 min plan and not have to worry about going over.....? just my .02
    11-25-09 12:08 PM
    They notice these things very quick. Will they up the data price? Who knows. I have my data blocked and love the wifi on my bold.

11-25-09 12:55 PM
    You do realize that 150 mins, at .25 a min is 37.50 right, why not sign up for the 450 min plan and not have to worry about going over.....? just my .02
    11 more minutes puts him over $40!
    11-25-09 02:30 PM
    11 more minutes puts him over $40!
    It would actually be cheaper with the 450 minute plan because the data plan would drop down to $30 from $35
    11-27-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD