I know that Verizon said all devices will be LTE only starting late 2016??. That, I think, means there will be no more towers on Verizon to support their 3g.

I don't remember seeing anything anywhere about how long TMO will continue to support anything less than LTE? Is there a time frame for this?

I am thinking if the day does come that my legacy BB9900,BB9790 will be unusable but It would be good to know if TMO has some kind of EOL strategy for no more support for other than LTE frequencies.

I do have a lot of LTE devices (both BB and Android), but my primary communication device is the BB9900.
    11-30-14 07:13 AM
    I know that they have set a goal of converting their PCS 2G network to LTE by end of 2015. I have also heard (i.e. less reliable information) that they don't plan to do any more 2G-HSPA refarms with PCS spectrum.

I haven't heard anything about plans to shut down existing PCS and AWS in order to refarm. AFAIK, they were refarming only in places where they had overlap, or excess bandwidth, i.e. leaving the existing HSPA networks as is. But this was a while ago, and they may have begun the cannibalization.
    11-30-14 10:11 AM
    If it goes like the MetroPC conversion, I bet that once they get LTE up in the 2G areas then 3G will be the next project to be switched over to LTE equipment. I will say this about T-Mobile that they are faster than most when converting over, but we will see if the T-Mobile business rep was right about getting NC switched over to LTE by the end of March in 2015.
    12-01-14 07:12 PM