I have just unlocked my BB Curve 8520. Tmobile works good but I want to install the software provided by tmobile (Update on website). I cant get the desktop manager to recognize the update. Is there a way to install it? How do I uninstall the preset AT&T stuff?
    02-21-10 05:16 PM
    I have just unlocked my BB Curve 8520. Tmobile works good but I want to install the software provided by tmobile (Update on website). I cant get the desktop manager to recognize the update. Is there a way to install it? How do I uninstall the preset AT&T stuff?
    you cannot uninstall the "preset at&t stuff". the splash screens and logos will remain regardless of the OS you load, as you cannot change them.

you may load any OS onto the device you wish, from any carrier, as long as you install the OS on your computer and delete the vendor.xml file from within the OS. follow the many online guides on how to properly install an OS.
    02-21-10 06:18 PM
    I want to install the software provided by tmobile (Update on website). ...
    All BlackBerrys are internal branded to one carrier. That internal branding controls which software choices your carrier will offer you.

In your case, the brand does not match the carrier. You can not use the automatic web based upgrades.

You can manually download, install and prepare another carriers software, but you will have to do it manually.
    02-22-10 09:41 AM
    Many thanks! that sounds great. I had a problem with my previous bb where the entire software was wiped and i was able to reinstall everything. I was hoping there was a way to do that again. Is this possible? How can I manually do it?
    02-22-10 10:09 AM
    It is common practice among the advanced uses.

You will need to download and install both BlackBerry Desktop Manager and a copy of your device OS software. The OS can be from any carrier that supports that model.

Once you have the software in place, it is a simple matter to use Applications Loader to rebuild your BlackBerry.
    02-22-10 10:36 AM
    I already dowloaded the desktop from the CD that came with the at&t phone but its not recognizing the upgrade I downloaded from Tmobile.

Also.. do i have to wipe the entire software?
    02-22-10 10:45 AM
    you need to delete the vendor file from the OS. follow the proper OS install procedures in the Blackberry Lecture 101 series.
    02-22-10 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD