Good Evening all,

My apologies but this was NOT all in one place. I saw several old threads active that had outdated data and made me very frustrated.
    I am a first time black berry user (long time android since the droid 1). I found a new unlocked Z10 (AT&T GSM) on ebay for $80.00 and wanted to get away from Verizon Wireless as their high prices and bad signal had me up to here *points up really high*. I wanted to post a Thread so users can find all of this information in one place and on one website.**Side Note** I saw several posts about a 'leaked OS', don't bother as the newest OS release from RIM (They make the blackberry phone) allows for all these settings to take place.

How To Add your APN with Blackberry Z10 (Probably the same for the Z30):

1.) Swipe up and to the right, and go to "Settings".
    2.) Click on "About" if your software is not "Software Release 10.2.1.2179" or higher than just update your software.
    3.) Click back and go to "Network and Connections" -> Mobile Network
    4.) Click on APN and enter with out quotes "tfdata" and thats it, now you have 4GLTE (If you dont see 4GLTE displayed on your phone turn off wifi, or reboot your phone).

Now you also will want to send the (Expletive here) type of pics to random strangers on the internet, so here's how to add straight talk MMS on your phone.

How to Add MMS with Straight Talk:
    1.) Swipe up and to the left and go to "HUB"
    2.) Click on the 3 dotted lines on the right labelled "More".
    3.) Go to Settings -> Text Messages
    4.) Click on the MMS Tab
    5.) Click on the picture of switch knobs labelled "Advanced"
    6.) Scroll to the very bottom and enter the following for MMSC URL http://mms-tf.net
    7.) For Proxy URL add mms3.tracfone.com:80 and hit "save" you will receive no notification, but it does really save hit back and try it out!

Thanks to all of those of contributed to helping me with this. I typed all of the above on my own, but gathered the information from other places. I am a very technical person so after I looked at my settings I was able to put the above together.
    **To Admins / MODS** Please move this post to the correct place and promote there if this is in the wrong place.

-Alex
    07-21-14 10:59 PM
    Thank you for sharing the instructions, they will be moved to the appropriate subforum, as this question was asked by another member yesterday.
    07-22-14 01:13 AM
    Welcome to BlackBerry and Crackberry Alex. Lots in store in the upcoming months.

Thank You for sharing the setup information !
    07-22-14 01:40 AM
    Hi,
    nice info...buttttt...it doesn't work!!!!
    At least not with the ATT sim from Straight Talk...

tony
    08-30-14 06:57 PM
    uhmmm..
    well when I finally decided to install a newer OS for my STL 100-1..
    I tried Alex's settings from above...and low and behold ...
    IT WORKS!!!!
    thanks very much!!!!
    09-02-14 08:29 PM
    FYI - This works for Straight Talk, Trac Fone, and Net10. All three are part of the same company.

I've had my Z10 since late in 2013 on Net10. These are the settings that work. And yes, Net10 gets ATT's 4gLTE.
    09-19-14 05:38 PM
    Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but with the 10.3 leaks the settings including mms have either saved through the auto loading process somehow or are automatically configuring for straight talk. Never had to change a thing on first boot. No escreen. And all of the settings are editable including radio usage (4g, h+, etc) in the setting menu. Not sure why, but it's great! I hope the passport works as well so I can make a smooth transition.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 10:24 AM
    Thrilled to see people have this working, need to replace my ST 9310. My question is, I'm looking at a Z10 STL100-4 on Amazon, says "Unlocked GSM/Verizon CDMA". Will I be able to get it to work on Straight Talk ATT OR Verizon? Verizon is preferable, but I'd settle for ATT to have a BB10 work on ST. Thoughts?
    05-03-15 03:40 PM
    I use straight talk on my phone, but the setup for t-mobile would not work on my z10. I had to use the AT&T Sim to get my messaging to work. Sad thing is I actually left T-mobile as my service provider to save money. Anyone else have that isdue?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-19-17 03:59 PM