I would like someone to point out where in the quoted part of the contract in the OP it states directly that one may enact this section if one wishes to rid themselves of a contract for the purpose of purchasing a new phone at two year contract price upon reinstating the contract which you just opted out of under the exact same terms.

If you cant, Im afraid thats using contract wording to your advantage out of the context of which it was intended.

i.e, loophole.
    There is no wording that describes what you are asking. However, it clearly states that if there are fees that change, that are controlled by VZW, you can opt out of the contract without an ETF. Simple. If those terms apply to you, then you may go ahead and do it. Beyond that, it doesnt matter. AS LONG AS HE QUALIFIES PER THE CONTRACT, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. Signing back up, heck, that's doing VZW a favor! He is signing right back up to give them money for equipment and data, ect...

Get over yourself dumb sh*t
    10-12-09 09:24 PM
    This is hillarious.....

There is policies in place for stuff like this... the federal universal charge change will not get you out of contract...
    10-13-09 09:49 AM
    This is hillarious.....

There is policies in place for stuff like this... the federal universal charge change will not get you out of contract...
    You are useless
    10-14-09 12:15 AM
    This is why this country is going down hill.
    I hate when people say dumb things. This country crashed with a big part due to corporate america and it's greediness. and guess what verizon would be considered part of corporate america.
    10-14-09 12:33 AM
    [QUOTE=Alenee83;3815154]You are useless[/QUOTE

Hmmm... Another fight/debate with someone over loopholes in contracts or less than truthful actions?
    10-14-09 01:54 AM
    I hate when people say dumb things. This country crashed with a big part due to corporate america and it's greediness. and guess what verizon would be considered part of corporate america.
    He's talking about morality. Not financially.
    12-09-09 02:15 AM
    Wow are you all really that greedy? Either pay the price for the phone or wait and be patient. Besides, in the 6 years I have had by contract with vzw, I have not seen any fees change without me changing them myself...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 02:50 AM
    Yeah...sure thing buddy. I'm gonna tell you how to rip off the company I work for. Seeing as how I do work for VZW.....I think I have a pretty healthy knowledge on the terms of the contracts. So let me know if you want to keep talking about things you know nothing about.
    Not saying you dont but based on recent experience it seems like alot of ppl at VZW have very different understandings of the rules.

When I was going to turn in my 4th storm1 i called customer service and was told I could turn it in for a different smartphone (storm2, droid, eris ect) nad pay a 35 dollar fee. In the store I was told this was not true but that someone on the phone may be able to do it. First talked to whoever the landline in the vzw store originally forwards to, they said a supervisor would be able to change my phone to whatever I want. Talked to a supervisor who said she couldnt but tech support could. Talked to a moron at tech support who said he cant but the store manager could. He said he would have the CS rep who told me about this policy call the store right away and hung up. The CS rep never called and the manager told me all he could do was give me an S2. I was not rude nor did I show any anger in the store. I waited for 2-3 hours being juggled between reps on the phone and was never rude to any of them. Seemed like each one just wanted to keep me going along till I gave up. So its a pretty good possibility that the "contract termination ideas" the people on this forum have will work if they talk to the right rep because apparently alot of people at VZW have NO idea what the company policy is.
    12-09-09 03:39 AM
    I have over 400 contacts and over 30 BBM contacts that would need to be changed. Seems like alot of work.
    12-09-09 06:17 AM
    I never post here, but lurk everyday...haha.

Anyway, do any of you guys go to slickdeals.net? I'm NOT advertising for them, but there are a LOT of savvy shoppers there that use this technique for ALL cell phone providers. Call it what you want, but these corporations will do whatever they have to do to rip off whoever they can. All for a few more bucks.

I guess you just have to ask yourself if you want to fight back and get some of your money back or if you want to stand by and let them do it.

I've never tried this, mostly because I'm too lazy to watch my bills and see if anything violates the terms and conditions. But if someone else out there uses this technique, I have ZERO problems with it.

Anyway, that's my two cents...
    12-09-09 08:01 AM
    I guess you just have to ask yourself if you want to fight back and get some of your money back or if you want to stand by and let them do it.
    It's amazing how ignorant some people know about how money works.

First, customers rip off Verizon. Verizon will just have raise fees to recover the money loss. Hence, the increase of ETF and service cut. Customers loose.

Second, businesses are for profit. If you have a retirement/pension plan, insurance, investment, pay tax, go to school, work for a company, or parents do, you most likely own some Verizon stocks directly or indirectly. You are just hurting your own wallet.

Get a clue.

12-09-09 09:44 AM
    It's amazing how ignorant some people know about how money works.

First, customers rip off Verizon. Verizon will just have raise fees to recover the money loss. Hence, the increase of ETF and service cut. Customers loose.

Second, businesses are for profit. If you have a retirement/pension plan, insurance, investment, pay tax, go to school, work for a company, or parents do, you most likely own some Verizon stocks directly or indirectly. You are just hurting your own wallet.

Get a clue.

How do customers rip off Verizon? If Verizon wants to go ahead and raise fees, then let them. They will lose customers because of it. This doesn't apply to me, but how many people decided NOT to go with Verizon after they raised their ETF to $350 this fall?

Last I checked, this thread was about Verizon raising the final price on your monthly bill and the consumer saying that it's NOT okay. I guess we should just let Verizon continue to raise our bills since it helps our stocks, right? Because you know...THAT'S ethical!

The point is, contracts are two-way streets. If they weren't, we'd all be screwed.

Try to be little more diplomatic next time. It makes you look like a jacka$$.
    12-09-09 10:01 AM
    Read your own post

Call it what you want, but these corporations will do whatever they have to do to rip off whoever they can. All for a few more bucks.
    Stop inflamming the situation. This is a free market and companies have to right to set their own pricing. If it's not the right price for you, move on to another company.

How do you get some of your money back? By scamming the company.

The point is, contracts are two-way streets. If they weren't, we'd all be screwed.
    If you don't like the terms, don't sign. It's simple.
    12-09-09 10:45 AM
    Read your own post

Stop inflamming the situation. This is a free market and companies have to right to set their own pricing. If it's not the right price for you, move on to another company.

How do you get some of your money back? By scamming the company.

If you don't like the terms, don't sign. It's simple.

Yes, they have every right to set their own pricing. I never disputed that. But if you enter a contract and they don't hold up to their end of it and say you can terminate if that happens, we, as consumers have every right to do so. I don't see what's so difficult to understand about that.

It's not scamming the company. If don't want to be scammed, then they can:

a) stop writing it into their contracts
    b) stop raising contracted prices on their consumers

I have no problem with these terms. Like I said, this situation doesn't even apply to me. I'm very happy with Verizon and the ETF doesn't affect me because I don't see myself switching until something drastic happens...like Verizon's prices doubling while the rest of the market stays where it is...or if their coverage simply becomes so bad that it is unusable. I don't see that happening in the next couple of years.

I still stand by my original point: if people want to "scam" Verizon this way, then let them. Verizon still has a say in this because of my two points as listed above.
    12-09-09 10:59 AM
    But if you enter a contract and they don't hold up to their end of it and say you can terminate if that happens, we, as consumers have every right to do so. I don't see what's so difficult to understand about that.
    Where did Verizon fail to uphold their side of the contract terms during the duration of the contract.

a) stop writing it into their contracts
    b) stop raising contracted prices on their consumers
    a) Don't sign the contract.
    b) Don't renew your contract.

I still stand by my original point: if people want to "scam" Verizon this way, then let them. Verizon still has a say in this because of my two points as listed above.
    You are inflamming the situation. You are encouraging fraudulent behaviors.

My point stands also. You don't know anything about how money works and flows. These fraudulent beheviors that you are advocating hurt everyone.
    Last edited by leskchan; 12-09-09 at 11:42 AM.
    12-09-09 11:27 AM
    Jeez man...I don't see anything wrong with following the rules setforth in a contract. Do you? That's my point. You keep saying the same things over and over and they don't even apply to this situation. Use the contract to your advantage (as a consumer). Verizon does it too. There's nothing wrong with that.

And now I'm finished here because you very clearly are only stating your own opinions and staying from actually addressing my points.
    12-09-09 11:56 AM
    This does not work. Its clearly disclosed in your welcome guide that the FUSC is a variable fee that changes by quarter.

12-09-09 12:16 PM
    I've taken many escalations on this and gone round and round with customers and never let them out of the contract and the executive office along w/ the legal team backs this up. The clause in the contract you quoted is regarding prices of your plan/features. That's it.

12-09-09 12:20 PM

Lets put the focus here, guys.
    12-09-09 01:01 PM
    Hey guys first lemme just state i dont encourage anyone doing what i am doing but this is what i did to get out of ATT. it has been proven time and time again.

1. Switched to verizon from att. (ATT service sucks balls).
    2. canceled all 5 of my lines with ATT (had a bill for about $700ish termination fees).
    3. Did not pay my last bill of around $400.
    4. So here i am i owe them $1100. Well i refuse to pay for **** service and termination fees that i should not be paying b.c i wanted to leave them because of their horrible service.
    5. Document ALL of your crappy service. I documented all 5 phones for my family plan about their horrible service. Failed calls/dropped calls, Horrible service; etc. Iphone makes this pretty easy.
    6. File a suit in small claims court for your bill + termination fees.
    7. Wait.
    8. Now Att (or any carrier for that fact) does not want to pay their lawyers $XXX/hour to deal with this/ go to court. They will either waive your fees or atleast cut them by a lot most of the time.
    9. If they don't settle go to court and prove that their service was hindered to the point that you were not receiving what you were previously paying for.

This has worked for numerous people i know with various carriers (Verizon, ATT, Tmobile, nextel). Btw i work at a verizon store.
    12-09-09 06:26 PM
    Hey guys first lemme just state i dont encourage anyone doing what i am doing but this is what i did to get out of ATT. it has been proven time and time again.

2. canceled all 5 of my lines with ATT (had a bill for about $700ish termination fees).
    4. So here i am i owe them $1100. Well i refuse to pay for **** service and termination fees that i should not be paying b.c i wanted to leave them because of their horrible service.
    5. Document ALL of your crappy service. I documented all 5 phones for my family plan about their horrible service. Failed calls/dropped calls, Horrible service; etc. Iphone makes this pretty easy.
    7. Wait.
    8. Now Att (or any carrier for that fact) does not want to pay their lawyers $XXX/hour to deal with this/ go to court. They will either waive your fees or atleast cut them by a lot most of the time.
    9. If they don't settle go to court and prove that their service was hindered to the point that you were not receiving what you were previously paying for.

This has worked for numerous people i know with various carriers (Verizon, ATT, Tmobile, nextel). Btw i work at a verizon store.
    Crappy advice. They're on to schemes like this.

12-10-09 03:48 AM
    Yes, exactly, i accepted the contract which states that I can do this. It doesn't say you can't do this and then get another phone. If you don't like it don't try it, simple as that. I'm just putting this info out for people who might want to try it.
    Thank you, knowledge is power. Someone stated that this is a loop hole, sure is but it all comes down to "READING".
    12-10-09 08:11 AM

7. Wait.

Or you could be an educated consumer instead of wasting your own time with crap like this. It doesn't take much for a lawyer to show up in small claims court and make a fool of you. It's not a major lawsuit that would take hours of research.
    12-10-09 09:17 AM
    Crappy advice. They're on to schemes like this.

How is that a scheme? i did it because ATT service has been that bad!
    12-19-09 03:32 PM
    Or you could be an educated consumer instead of wasting your own time with crap like this. It doesn't take much for a lawyer to show up in small claims court and make a fool of you. It's not a major lawsuit that would take hours of research.
    Ohh really? do you know anything? Educated Consumer? You don't know me so please spare me your BS. It's not my fault that i had ATT for over 2 years and their service degraded to crap.

Oh and it doesnt take much for a lawyer to show up in small claims court? really? Do you know how much a lawyers time is worth? or how much they charge companies like vzw or att? Try $300-$500 an hour! big companies rather would not fight it. They settle very easily. You can expect never to step foot in court after you file your suit. 99% of the time you get a call from them and they settle.
    12-19-09 03:40 PM
201 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD