I don't know if you know this, but there are people that pay WAY more than a little $720 for two years of data...that really isn't going to hurt vzw.
    So true, VZW could give a rip about your $720 for 2 years of data when they have companies that pay 720$ for data a month, or even a day. But good luck with this why not just man up and buy the phone brand new if you want it so bad? Honestly if you can't afford it maybe you don't need it.
    10-12-09 09:37 AM
    So true, VZW could give a rip about your $720 for 2 years of data when they have companies that pay 720$ for data a month, or even a day. But good luck with this why not just man up and buy the phone brand new if you want it so bad? Honestly if you can't afford it maybe you don't need it.
    HAHA exactly...I'm sure my company(which is only a LITTLE branch) pays atleast thousands a year for data.
    10-12-09 09:39 AM
    HAHA exactly...I'm sure my company(which is only a LITTLE branch) pays atleast thousands a year for data.
    Yeah and considering a family plan with 5 bb's all with data would break down to 30x5 150 a month x 12 months = 1800 year for data....
    Good luck waving around that 720 like its something to be proud of.
    10-12-09 09:56 AM
    I used this same tatic to get out of my Sprint contract and ETF earlier this year. I found where they had changed the terms of my contract by raising an administration fee without my consent. I called and said I didn't agree with them doing this and wanted out and they said OK and waived all ETF's.

Now. I will say I wanted out of my contract originally because of the poor coverage I was getting with Sprint. I found a loophole and used it. I went and signed up with Verizon and I am even paying more for Verizon but it has been well worth it.
    10-12-09 11:01 AM
    VZ had the bargaining power to draft its own contract language. VZ has used this contract language multiple times over the years to screw its customers.
    This is so surprising coming from an attorney. As an attorney, isn't your job to draft a contract that provide the maximum protection possible for your client. This is what you called screwing.

Can we also make an argument that you charge a lot for your attorney service, therefore it's legally okay to find way to skip out on you bill. You make such much money anyway, what's the harm if only 1 client doesn't pay.
    10-12-09 11:06 AM
    I have a question for everyone. Can you honestly say tht you have NEVER lies for you own good? Can you honestly say that you have never stolen ANYTHING? Maybe as small as a pen or a quarter, but if its not your then its stealing.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    First, you are missing the point. Yes, I have lied and I have stolen a pen and a quarter. When it was pointed out to me, I recognized what I did was wrong. The difference is you don't think it's wrong.

Second, stealing is stealing and does hurt the victim regardless of financial status. You only associate stealing with tangible items in retail stores. Verison provides a service for fee, like the attorney and the plumber, when you don't pay the bill, then you are stealing ther service.
    10-12-09 11:13 AM
    First, you are missing the point. Yes, I have lied and I have stolen a pen and a quarter. When it was pointed out to me, I recognized what I did was wrong. The difference is you don't think it's wrong.
    LMFAO Mr. Rogers
    10-12-09 11:33 AM
    This is so surprising coming from an attorney. As an attorney, isn't your job to draft a contract that provide the maximum protection possible for your client. This is what you called screwing.

Can we also make an argument that you charge a lot for your attorney service, therefore it's legally okay to find way to skip out on you bill. You make such much money anyway, what's the harm if only 1 client doesn't pay.
    If the client had found a LEGAL way to do so, then yes. DUH. What the OP is doing is NOT wrong! The contract states that IF said changes are made, then the customer has the right to get out of the contract w/o an ETF. DAMN you people on here will just jump on anyone! Unbelievable!
    10-12-09 11:37 AM
    I used this same tatic to get out of my Sprint contract and ETF earlier this year. I found where they had changed the terms of my contract by raising an administration fee without my consent. I called and said I didn't agree with them doing this and wanted out and they said OK and waived all ETF's.

Now. I will say I wanted out of my contract originally because of the poor coverage I was getting with Sprint. I found a loophole and used it. I went and signed up with Verizon and I am even paying more for Verizon but it has been well worth it.
    that's a whole different situation then tryin to get out of it just to stay with the same company for a new phone.
    10-12-09 11:37 AM
    And so what if they do? What can you do about it? You think anyone cares what you say? As if pointing out how you think what the OP is doing is wrong, is going to mean anything? Good lord.

May I POINT OUT SOMEHTING, the OP would be following the guidlines of the VZW contract, so there is nothing really wrong with it. If the OP ends up with a deposite or having to pay the ETF when trying to open a new acct, then that is their problem to deal with. Get a life.
    I guess it's just too hard for you to get when I'm trying to say. It's the same thing with welfare. When too many people get on it and abuse it, the honest tax payers pay the price. It's the same with that, it's the same with anything. When people abuse too much of a good thing, even when following said "guidelines", other must pay, including you. The guidelines are in place for people that honestly need it because it would not be ethical to keep someone in a contract and continuously raise prices, knowing the customer is not able to afford the jacked up prices.

Hey, he can do what he wants, you're absolutely right, but personally, sacrificing your integrity to abuse a phone service is not what I'm in to. If anyone wants to pull off a stunt like that to get a couple hundred bucks back, then they should not have a high-end cell phone because they obviously cannot afford it.

Oh by the way, did you notice that I also have the right to disagree with the OP, just as much as you may agree with it? Get used to the fact that not everyone agrees with you.
    10-12-09 11:38 AM
    If the client had found a LEGAL way to do so, then yes.
    So forget about the service that he received, as long as there a legal way to skip the bill, then it's okay.

What about skipping out on a restaurant and not paying the bill. It's legal as long as there is no 3rd party witness that can identify you at the restaurant.
    10-12-09 11:42 AM
    If the client had found a LEGAL way to do so, then yes. DUH. What the OP is doing is NOT wrong! The contract states that IF said changes are made, then the customer has the right to get out of the contract w/o an ETF. DAMN you people on here will just jump on anyone! Unbelievable!
    And it's easy to find loopholes to get on welfare, disability and unemployment, but you know what? Honest people don't abuse it because they know that if too many people abuse these free services, others have to pay. That is why they are upset.
    I understand with what you're trying to say in that he can do whatever he wants. You're right. But you have to look at the issue from both sides. If Party A does this action, how does that affect Partys B and C? You (Not personally you, just in general) can't go through life thinking you're an island and that no one else is affected by the actions you take.
    Last edited by DMR6186; 10-12-09 at 11:46 AM.
    10-12-09 11:42 AM
    And it's easy to find loopholes to get on welfare, disability and unemployment, but you know what?
    We see that in retail stores already. Stores are cutting back on their return policy because too many customers are abusing the "spirit" of the return policy.
    10-12-09 11:45 AM
    Again this is why this country is going down hill.

Insurance companies are gaming insurees by denying claims etc.

Cell phone customers are gaming them for new phones etc.

Keep up the gamings.
    YOU think this country is going down hill because of customers trying to get out of cell phone contracts? Wow. Yeah, that's IT!! YOU FIGURED IT OUT!! Way to go.. just write congress and the president, and give them the news.

The economy will be fixed, the world will be at peace, and we will have free universal health care. Congrats.. you will probably get laid for the first time in your life too, celebrity status man!
    10-12-09 11:45 AM
    YOU think this country is going down hill because of customers trying to get out of cell phone contracts? Wow. Yeah, that's IT!! YOU FIGURED IT OUT!! Way to go.. just write congress and the president, and give them the news.

The economy will be fixed, the world will be at peace, and we will have free universal health care. Congrats.. you will probably get laid for the first time in your life too, celebrity status man!
    Are you capable of making a coherent argument to prove your point? Or just making random personal attack.
    10-12-09 11:49 AM

Wow you just only read the words in front of you and find no meaning in what anyone says can you? leskchan meant that it's not just phones, it's everything.

Why do you think the economy is messed up? Greedy businessmen who did things "legally" but had no idea that something this huge could happen. Why is healthcare messed up? Because people abuse its services. Why do you think the world isn't at peace? Because people abuse their powers.

Problems happen in the world because people are irresponsible, even though they're doing things "legally". So yes, you should write the president and your congressman telling them to crack down on every greedy ******* that put our country where we're now at.
    10-12-09 11:51 AM
    I think we've come to the conclusion that yes, what the OP wants to do is acceptable to do IF the contract prices change and you don't agree with them or want a new phone whatever. But to specifically wait for these changes in the contract is what pisses everyone off. You're just waiting for the slightest little change. That's what's annoying.

10-12-09 11:52 AM
    And it's easy to find loopholes to get on welfare, disability and unemployment, but you know what? Honest people don't abuse it because they know that if too many people abuse these free services, others have to pay. That is why they are upset.
    I understand with what you're trying to say in that he can do whatever he wants. You're right. But you have to look at the issue from both sides. If Party A does this action, how does that affect Partys B and C? You (Not personally you, just in general) can't go through life thinking you're an island and that no one else is affected by the actions you take.
    There are no real loopholes to use to get on disability, welfare, or unemployment. Either you qualify or you don't! When it comes to the OP's contract, if he QUALIFIES to be let out of his contract ETF free, then there is nothing wrong with it. If he then decides to sign up for new service through VZW after, then I guess VZW gets his money for the service/euipment.
    10-12-09 12:26 PM
    The OP doing what he will with HIS contract will not affect me, ANYONE doing it, will not. If VZW spots some sort of trend of this happening or realizes that its affecting their bottom line, then they can have the contracts revised Im sure.
    Last edited by Alenee83; 10-12-09 at 12:31 PM.
    10-12-09 12:28 PM
    I think we've come to the conclusion that yes, what the OP wants to do is acceptable to do IF the contract prices change and you don't agree with them or want a new phone whatever. But to specifically wait for these changes in the contract is what pisses everyone off. You're just waiting for the slightest little change. That's what's annoying.

Some people like to keep a close watch over their important documents
    10-12-09 12:30 PM
    There are no real loopholes to use to get on disability, welfare, or unemployment. Either you qualify or you don't! When it comes to the OP's contract, if he QUALIFIES to be let out of his contract ETF free, then there is nothing wrong with it. If he then decides to sign up for new service through VZW after, then I guess VZW gets his money for the service/euipment.
    I can tell you right now that yes it's very possible to find loopholes in those services. Trust me, I know someone who was able to go on disability and get food stamps while still living with his parents. It's pathetic, but it just takes research to be able to do that.

10-12-09 12:36 PM
    that's a whole different situation then tryin to get out of it just to stay with the same company for a new phone.
    It is still finding a loophole to get out of a contract.
    10-12-09 12:46 PM
    I can tell you right now that yes it's very possible to find loopholes in those services. Trust me, I know someone who was able to go on disability and get food stamps while still living with his parents. It's pathetic, but it just takes research to be able to do that.

Well, somehow that person qualified for it. Either way, it's not comparable to getting out of a VZW contract without an ETF using a reason that is clearly stated in the contract as being valid. Wow.......
    10-12-09 01:06 PM
    The OP doing what he will with HIS contract will not affect me, ANYONE doing it, will not. If VZW spots some sort of trend of this happening or realizes that its affecting their bottom line, then they can have the contracts revised Im sure.
    Another victimless crime theory.

Per your statement, Verizon will have to revise the contract. Why would they revise the contract if there is no financial loss?

Who are the victims, regular Verizon customers. The revised contract will probably take out cell phone incentive and an increase in service fees to offset the losses. Hence, the revised contract with the increased fee that started this post. If all possible wouldn't you like Verizon to lower your monthly fee. Not possible when you have to subsidize OP's new phone. Or all the new phones that you advise others to get.

You become a victim of your own advise.
    Last edited by leskchan; 10-12-09 at 02:10 PM.
    10-12-09 01:09 PM
    Well, somehow that person qualified for it. Either way, it's not comparable to getting out of a VZW contract without an ETF using a reason that is clearly stated in the contract as being valid. Wow.......
    Another it's not a crime unless you get caught thinking.

It's the same concept. Unemployment benefit is to provide temporary payment to people who worked and lost their jobs. It's not for people who find jobs and purposely get fired to get on unemployment. And repeating the process as the benefit runs out. If you lost your job, wouldn't you like your unemployment benefit to be higher and last longer. Unlikely because you have to subsidize the ones who game the system. Again you become a victim of your own advice.

OP wants a new phone out of greed and tries to find loopholes in the contract for him to do so. He didn't want out because of his dislike of Verizon change in service terms.

It's so simple minded to think the way you think until the situation is reversed on you. Sooner or later, you will have contracts revised against you for the same justifications you stated here.
    Last edited by leskchan; 10-12-09 at 02:03 PM.
    10-12-09 01:20 PM
201 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD