the big guys do it everyday, and they write these contracts to try and lock people up as long as possible. i dont understand why this cant be done by average joe. big companies do scamming things, why the **** cant we? and were just abiding by THEIR contractual restrictions! its not like we were given the option too amend the contract so what is the big deal? i personally wouldn't try it, but i dont find it bad of anyone to give it a shot!
    You don't watch the news very much do you?
    10-11-09 05:28 PM
    How about you learn the facts on what the "changes" are that would let you out of your contract.

The Federal Fee that you based your whole first post around, is not one of them.
    OK then Genius, you brought it to the table, so spill it. what ARE the facts? what CHANGES can we use? you obviously have an inhuman knowledge of said contract so let us all hear it...
    10-11-09 05:30 PM
    The big guys do it so we all should do it. I hope you don't have children. Or you do and you are teaching them this concept.

How about taking a moral stand? Do the right thing.
    10-11-09 05:33 PM
    I love how there are so many people that constantly try and cheat the system. You guys are lame! Just buck up and buy the new phone. Why do you feel entitled to get something at a discount, or by any other means. I dont care what the "fine print" says. You are just a bunch of whiners plain and simple.
    10-11-09 05:34 PM
    I love how there are so many people that constantly try and cheat the system. You guys are lame! Just buck up and buy the new phone. Why do you feel entitled to get something at a discount, or by any other means. I dont care what the "fine print" says. You are just a bunch of whiners plain and simple.

and I could say you are whining about those who follow the rules of the contracts. Why should a contract be used solely to benefit one side (in this case you apparently want it to benefit only Verizon)?
    10-11-09 05:48 PM
    Wait, first,

[I]

and then,

[I]

I'm confused. How can they not find you in their computer system, and then let you out of a contract? That means you were in their computer system.

Also, when you sign up for a service, you are stored within an internal central database so that when you go anywhere in the country, any VZW store will be able to look you up in their systems.
    they couldnt find the ORIGINAL contract. hard copy. read it again bud.
    10-11-09 05:50 PM
    and I could say you are whining about those who follow the rules of the contracts. Why should a contract be used solely to benefit one side (in this case you apparently want it to benefit only Verizon)?
    Im not the one trying to find the loop holes. Im an honest person and I dont try and find the little secrets to get a better deal and stick it to any company. Im sure all of you guys are also the type of people that would sue someone for just looking at them wrong.
    10-11-09 05:54 PM
    Wht did I do to cheat the system? I asked to see the original contract with my sig on it... Not some computer that anyone in the world could add me.. I want to see my SIG on the line..

If they had it and sent it to me well then that would not have been a way out.. Would i have tried another way? That question at this time has no answerr I was able to do it and I think ALEX did a **** of job.....

Wht we do is all call Verizon or who ever and ask them to send you a copy of your contract... I am putting my money that this group of people might just be out of there contracts with there phones in hand and ready to buy new BB..

Anyways......These paper that we signed are floating around the world some where with our personal information on it.. You tell me something please.. You think Verzion called me to say we are sorry but we lost your paper work...THats right I had to tell them... We wonder why there is so much ID theift!
    10-11-09 05:54 PM
    It has to do with the spirit of the contract.

OP and irishqt (Alex) signed a 2-year contract for a discounted phone. If Verizon changed the contract that will cost you more money than the original stipulated, then use it to get out.

But that's not their intention here. Their intention was to use it to get a new phone.
    Last edited by leskchan; 10-11-09 at 06:02 PM.
    10-11-09 05:55 PM
    What I don't get is why people are whining about what they signed. You signed to use a phone for X amount of time, and as a thank-you, Verizon subsidized it. Oh, you don't like the contract they presented in front of you? Then don't sign it. It really doesn't get a helluva lot simpler.

If you want to get out of it early, talk to them. Let them know what's going on, there ARE humans that work there. Some places even have stipulations regarding job loss. Their employees will even help to find ways to lower your bill, or suspend your service, whatever it may take.

Just trying to cancel it so you can get another phone for cheap is absolutely ridiculous.

The contract, while written by their lawyers, are also out to protect you. When was the last time your minute plan went up? Don't you get grandfathered in when something drastic happens? That's the positive end of those contracts.

Man, if you want something, buy it. Don't try to find a loophole in the system to cheat someone out of it. The phones aren't free. If you don't pay for it, I will. I'll pay by having my already agreed-to high cost plan breaking $100. Come on people.

Have pity on us, if not for yourself.
    10-11-09 05:57 PM
    The big guys do it so we all should do it. I hope you don't have children. Or you do and you are teaching them this concept.

How about taking a moral stand? Do the right thing.
    youre trying to convince me that if opportunity presented itself to allow you a route to a material object with less financial strain than you previously would have suffered, that you wouldnt take it because it was "against moral standards"? first off, your probably only taking that stand because youre too Chicken**** to ever try anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. nothing ventured nothing gained, buddy. Sam Walton and Walt Disney didn't just say ok when someone told them no, and go on to build mediocre businesses. they Didn't take no for an answer and pursued their dream to become two of the worlds most legendary visionaries. to be honest, i hope YOU dont have children, as they will grow up like their average parent to live mediocre lives.
    10-11-09 05:58 PM
    Wht did I do to cheat the system?
    You know exactly what contract you signed. Do you dispute that? Just because the other party "lost" the written contract, it's not an out.

What you did was a moral decision, not a legal one.
    Last edited by leskchan; 10-11-09 at 06:02 PM.
    10-11-09 05:58 PM
    Wht did I do to cheat the system? I asked to see the original contract with my sig on it... Not some computer that anyone in the world could add me.. I want to see my SIG on the line..

If they had it and sent it to me well then that would not have been a way out.. Would i have tried another way? That question at this time has no answerr I was able to do it and I think ALEX did a **** of job.....

Wht we do is all call Verizon or who ever and ask them to send you a copy of your contract... I am putting my money that this group of people might just be out of there contracts with there phones in hand and ready to buy new BB..

Anyways......These paper that we signed are floating around the world some where with our personal information on it.. You tell me something please.. You think Verzion called me to say we are sorry but we lost your paper work...THats right I had to tell them... We wonder why there is so much ID theift!
    When I signed, I got a hard copy. And the original is on... electronics. Yep. I signed my contract on the freaking computer. I'm going to bet that you did as well, actually.

Regarding the ID theft, there's a lot of it due to electronic problems. Why break into a vault when you can download much larger sums of money while sitting in front of the tv in your underwear?
    10-11-09 05:59 PM
    youre trying to convince me that if opportunity presented itself to allow you a route to a material object with less financial strain than you previously would have suffered, that you wouldnt take it because it was "against moral standards"? first off, your probably only taking that stand because youre too Chicken**** to ever try anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. nothing ventured nothing gained, buddy. Sam Walton and Walt Disney didn't just say ok when someone told them no, and go on to build mediocre businesses. they Didn't take no for an answer and pursued their dream to become two of the worlds most legendary visionaries. to be honest, i hope YOU dont have children, as they will grow up like their average parent to like mediocre lives.
    No, if I found a wallet on the street with $1,000 in it, I would turn it in because I am hoping the same when I lost my wallet. Of course if you found my wallet first, you would just keep the money and tossed the rest into the trash can. That's your moral standard.
    10-11-09 06:00 PM
    You don't watch the news very much do you?
    what does my viewing of mass media have to do with my stance? my friend, wide acceptance of an idea is NO proof of its validity.
    10-11-09 06:01 PM
    ITS crazy how many people are trying to game vzw. P
    eople are going thru all this all just to save $250-300

Anyone with common sense will know all they have top do is sell there old Storm 1 unlocked for about $250-$300 then cough up the other $250 -$300..LOL

point is your still coming out good. Either way you go your going to be paying $200 for the phone anyway so whats a extra $50-$100
    10-11-09 06:01 PM
    they couldnt find the ORIGINAL contract. hard copy. read it again bud.
    LOL. Ok "bud." You have obviously never dealt with contracts have you?

Contracts are given to the employees to have the customers sign them to lock them into the agreement. The contract states that the customer agrees to all terms of the contract.

The contract is looked over by whoever is designated to make sure everything in the contract is filled in properly. For example, if there is no customer signature, that could spell very bad things for that company, so companies take these things very seriously, lest they lose any profits they could potentially gain from this customer. Basically, if there is no signature, the customer is not obligated to ANYTHING that has to do with the company. The customer can use 1,000,000 minutes and text messages and not be obligated to pay for a single cent.

After the contract is looked over and approved by the local store, it is sent to a central location, corporate office, or "headquarters" of that company where it is stored with the other tens of thousands of contracts.

As you can see, it's very important for companies to keep their contracts with customer signatures on them. Otherwise, people could get away with whatever they wanted because there is no record of them ever agreeing to the terms of the company. And I sincerely doubt that a multi-billion dollar company such as VZW would ever make that type of "mistake" that was stated above.
    10-11-09 06:04 PM
    No, if I found a wallet on the street with $1,000 in it, I would turn it in because I am hoping the same when I lost my wallet. Of course if you found my wallet first, you would just keep the money and tossed the rest into the trash can. That's your moral standard.
    your wallet, NO. or verizon's wallet for that matter. i would not return bacause i respect neither them nor you enough. other good people, i would gladly return their wallet. your acting like im stealing candy from babies. im simply agreeing that the empire of all wireless corporations that is verizon will never suffer for a few hundred bucks off a phone.
    10-11-09 06:04 PM
    So would if you owned a big company, how would you feel it people were scamming your company to a point were u were barley making any profits before people was scamming????????????

Exactly U would be pissed
    10-11-09 06:05 PM
    LOL. Ok "bud." You have obviously never dealt with contracts have you?

Contracts are given to the employees to have the customers sign them to lock them into the agreement. The contract states that the customer agrees to all terms of the contract.

The contract is looked over by whoever is designated to make sure everything in the contract is filled in properly. For example, if there is no customer signature, that could spell very bad things for that company, so companies take these things very seriously, lest they lose any profits they could potentially gain from this customer. Basically, if there is no signature, the customer is not obligated to ANYTHING that has to do with the company. The customer can use 1,000,000 minutes and text messages and not be obligated to pay for a single cent.

After the contract is looked over and approved by the local store, it is sent to a central location, corporate office, or "headquarters" of that company where it is stored with the other tens of thousands of contracts.

As you can see, it's very important for companies to keep their contracts with customer signatures on them. Otherwise, people could get away with whatever they wanted because there is no record of them ever agreeing to the terms of the company. And I sincerely doubt that a multi-billion dollar company such as VZW would ever make that type of "mistake" that was stated above.
    agreed, however the poster was telling a story, and you misinterpreted it. i clarified.
    10-11-09 06:06 PM
    Walton and Disney took business oppournities and built empires out of them.

Saddam Hussein took similar oppourtunty with oil and built wealth out of the lives of many.

That's the difference.
    Last edited by leskchan; 10-11-09 at 06:09 PM.
    10-11-09 06:07 PM
    agreed, however the poster was telling a story, and you misinterpreted it. i clarified.
    I didn't misinterpret it. I was calling it BS.
    your wallet, NO. or verizon's wallet for that matter. i would not return bacause i respect neither them nor you enough. other good people, i would gladly return their wallet. your acting like im stealing candy from babies. im simply agreeing that the empire of all wireless corporations that is verizon will never suffer for a few hundred bucks off a phone.
    the company will suffer if people keep doing things like this but thats not the biggest problem. The bigger problem and outcome will be the end user ends up paying more for the service. You guys are just lame.
    what does my viewing of mass media have to do with my stance? my friend, wide acceptance of an idea is NO proof of its validity.
    Your stance indicates that it's OK to cheat unless you get caught, just like the "big boys". But what you don't understand is that the "big boys" went to extreme lengths to cover up their crimes in order not to get caught.

And if you paid attention to what's going on in the world around you through the mass media (because looking out the window isn't enough), you would realize that the "big boys" of these companies get caught and nailed to the fullest extent possible.

I guess names such as Enron or Bernie Madoff just never crossed your path.

Your ignorance of the world really shines through.
    10-11-09 06:11 PM
    I didn't misinterpret it. I was calling it BS.
    a different attack plan would have served well for your motive then. kthxbai
    10-11-09 06:21 PM
201 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD