08-02-08 01:32 PM
39 12
tools
    I recently purchased two Pearl phones from 5 Linx via Sprint. I have the Simply Everything Plan for $99. I have thoroughly enjoying the Sprint service. I traveled to a small town in Alabama around July 4th and the service was great. The service here in South Florida near Fort Lauderdale is excellent. I have NO complaints at this time.....................
    07-18-08 06:00 PM
    Loving them today but who knows what tomorrow brings, lol. Sprint is the ONLY cell provider I have ever had (10+ yrs). You can't beat the everything plan. They just haven't made me mad enough to leave. But the tech support guy in India, named "Bob" just might push me over the edge.
    ^ got me cracking up!!

I've been with Sprint for almost 10 years, and let me tell you; they'd have to get rid of me before I got rid of them. I havent had any issues that couldnt get resolved. I dont think any provider is perfect and I dont have a need to called "BoB" in India on a consistent basis like we're close friends.

I find that most people who just absolutely hate Sprint didnt get something from Sprint that they thought they rightfully deserved.
    You know the ones, who think they should be eligible for an upgrade, and only had service for an hour!! Yea, them....
    07-18-08 06:19 PM
    Yeah as I said its minor issues like intermitten access to 3G services etc. nothing major to cause a complete stop in any services.
    07-18-08 08:11 PM
    OK. SO who can help me get out of my ETFs with at&t
    07-18-08 10:08 PM
    OK. SO who can help me get out of my ETFs with at&t
    I dont think anyone here can help you get out. How long have you been with AT&T? Have you even tried calling them and asking THEM what they can do for you?
    07-18-08 10:41 PM
    Im in the love/hate relationship also. Been with them for 8 years with a 2 year break up period...For the most part I love their coverage, my unlimited family plan, and my red hott berry...The hate is sometimes CS leaves something to be desired but for the most part once I get to Account Services I am good.

Sprint gets a bad rep because some people got phones when other companies wouldnt take bad credit without $1000 deposit and when they get automatically disconnected for being over their spending limits it is Sprints fault...They forget Verizon wouldnt even open an account without a 1000 dollar deposit...sheesh... I used to manage my local Sprint store so thats not something someone told me but something I witnessed..
    07-18-08 10:54 PM
    Yeah I wanted to open an account with ATT today. Boom $750 dollar deposit.. Opened my account today with sprint $250 dollar deposit and $150 ASL which im just dandy with. Soon enough I'll have my own Red hott curve!
    07-18-08 10:59 PM
    125 dollar deposit for me when i opened my sprint account about 6 years ago, and last week i recieved my deposit back in the form of an account credit. Sprint has always been pretty good to me except for that one time when i purchased a phone off of ebay because i didnt want to wait 3 more months for my full upgrade and they took my upgrade away from me because of that, telling me that i now have to wait another 2 years. Well long story short a few months later my upgrade magically came back (thank god) so i got an 8330.

price and coverage can't be beat. but CS can sometimes make you want to switch carriers. overall i would never leave sprint unless another carrier came along with the same great coverage, a better price, and data speeds as fast as sprint's or faster.
    07-19-08 09:24 AM
    This is the second time I have been with Sprint. I got with them when they first started, then went to Nextel, and then AT&T. The reason I am there now, is because I am on the Nextel side. As long as they treat me right, I will be there.
    07-19-08 09:55 PM

Hi
    I'm a sprint customer for over 10 years. I have had my good days and bad ones with sprint...lol Overall their service has change over the years for the better!!! I do visit Florida and I have never had any problems with my phone service. I also have att as a work phone and they do have a chance of picking up other networks!! :< But sprint has stepped their game up when it comes to their service!!! They do get on my nerves at times but they are a good company overall!!!
    Last edited by Dior; 07-31-08 at 06:44 PM.
    07-31-08 06:42 PM
    Thinking about switching from at&t to Sprint. How does everyone like Sprint? Is there anyone here from SW Florida that can comment on service?

Thanks
    Chris

years ago I had just sprint service and it was terrible, customer service and billing sucked royally. my bill stayed messed up, but plans were not as simple as they are now. I eventually got nextel and they merged with sprint, i never had a cs problem my bill was ALWAYS right with Nextel. I loved the service but needed a better berry than what Nextel was offering.. fast forward to now with sprint, they bridged my service from Nextel gave me a WONDERFUL price for my berry, especially being an upgrade and not a new customer. Customer service is good now, if you call the blackberry support number, they rock! I say give it a try. You always have 30 days. Oh and the insurance ROCKS! I pay 7 bucks per month, that included lost/stolen and if its damaged, doesnt work right what ever I can take it into a Sprint store to get fixed and its FREE, they have even replaced phones for me, and upgraded phones for me as well, free of charges. (the model i had was no longer being offered and my phone stopped working so they gave me the upgraded model)
    Last edited by mrsmallard214; 07-31-08 at 09:58 PM.
    07-31-08 09:56 PM
    Same here I was with At&t for like six years. Then I switched to Sprint and I love it. It's cheap and don't really have any problems with the customer service. They have been great. Plus the data plan is only 30 buck and you can't beat that.
    08-01-08 12:34 AM
    Yeah I wanted to open an account with ATT today. Boom $750 dollar deposit.. Opened my account today with sprint $250 dollar deposit and $150 ASL which im just dandy with. Soon enough I'll have my own Red hott curve!
    Do you have sprint or ATT? Your profile says ATT, but here you say you have Sprint! I'm so confused!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 03:37 PM
    My first cell phone was this giant bag phone you plugged into your car. If memory serves me it was a flat fee per month plus .60 per minute. Since then I have had every type of phone and several service providers, most of them no longer exist. I have been with sprint for the last 8 years. I have 5 phones and Sprint's share text data voice program is the best thing out there by far, especially if you have Blackberry phones. My phone bill now is so much less then it used to be and the technology just blows me away.

I travel the country for a living and with very few exceptions, Sprint's coverage is fine. Mid Michigan, driving thru the Rockies and some parts of New Jersey are the only areas i have found spotty service.

For years, when I had a jumble of different plans, my bill was wrong every month, so I had to read it carefully and call to get it corrected. With this one plan have not had an issue.

Customer service is hit or miss. My daughter had a Razor and the battery life was about 5 minutes. So Sprint agreed to send me a new battery at no charge. First one they sent was the wrong battery, sent it back and they sent me the wrong battery again. Then they billed me for both. I called several times to get this fixed but to no avail. Then when I told them I was leaving Sprint, they sent me to "customer retention". They credited my account for the batteries, sent my Daughter a new phone (a Rumor) at no charge if I agreed to a 2 year extension and gave me a $150.00 credit for all my trouble. I am now a preferred customer and get to upgrade every 12 months instead of the usual 22 months.

Since then, it's been smooth sailing as long as I talk to Blackberry support. They are the best.

All and all I give them an 8.5 out of 10 and I'm not going anywhere.
    08-02-08 01:32 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD