im about to sell my 8900 and im trying to figure out how to unregister it.
    i had my email set up on it and was using the bb messenger.

would resetting it to factory settings also unregister it?
    12-17-09 01:17 AM
    you don't unregister it, the PIN is tied to the phone, once you remove your BBM contacts, most people I know do not know what my actual PIN is so they wouldn't be able to request me by PIN. If you have a new berry you are going to the device switch wizard will transfer your contacts and they will never know that you are using a new PIN, wiping the phone will clear the phone but logging into BIS and manually removing the email addresses from the BIS will make sure the new owner isn't getting your emails
    Last edited by cjjeffers; 12-17-09 at 01:31 AM.
    12-17-09 01:27 AM
    Just wipe the phone. It isn't like Verizon or Sprint where everything you have is solely tied to it. If you're worried about other people getting your contacts via BBM, send a broadcast message telling everyone your new PIN or a new way to get in contact with you, then block-delete everyone. It's nothing personal considering you would have told them you're selling the phone and you've given alternate info. Also, save your phone book contacts to your SIM card so you don't have to re-key names and phone numbers later.

ETA: also, your email address is saved via BIS service books, so pull your SIM card out before wiping the phone, wipe it, and they shouldn't come back.
    12-17-09 12:10 PM
    well no i was worried about the buyer not beeing able to register it.
    12-17-09 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD