just got a blackberry bold... it works pretty fine after unlocking... the only problem i have with it is... when ever i make calls from my sim contacts it adds +1 at the beginning of the number which makes it impossible to make the calls because not in the united states.....is there anyway i can disable this...please help me out....
    07-03-09 06:14 PM
    In Phone / Options / Smart Dialing, select the correct country code and make any other needed adjustments to match the phone standard for your location.
    07-03-09 08:50 PM
    Hi, I see all the time that the way to fix this is to change the country code from the Smart Dialing option, but how do I get there? It's missing, I can't find it anywhere and I see other postings reporting the same problem I have, but nobody answers that question! Anybody knows how to find the smart dialing option when it's missing?
    I am using my BB9000 in Argentina for a couple of weeks and I'm going crazy with the +1 being dialed before each call I make!

Thanks!
    07-29-09 04:26 PM
    Hi, I see all the time that the way to fix this is to change the country code from the Smart Dialing option, but how do I get there? It's missing, I can't find it anywhere and I see other postings reporting the same problem I have, but nobody answers that question! Anybody knows how to find the smart dialing option when it's missing?
    I am using my BB9000 in Argentina for a couple of weeks and I'm going crazy with the +1 being dialed before each call I make!

Thanks!
    The Smart Dialing option is here on my Tour: Green Phone Button / Menu / Options / Smart Dialing / Country Code. I don't have a Bold to compare to, but the function was in the same location on my 8830 as well.
    07-29-09 08:52 PM

Thanks!
    Press the green button (phone)/ blackberry logo / Options/ select Smart Dialing/ Change the country code to Unknown

That's it! Hope this help..
    08-29-09 09:40 AM
    Yea now that worked for me.
    Thanks
    08-29-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD