can anyone help me by telling me the right thing to say so that i can get out of my contract without payinf the ETF? i seriously need help i cant deal with Sprint anymore im just fed up
    02-03-10 01:11 AM
    When is your billing date? if it is less then 30 days ago, you can cancel your account without ETF due to the raise in sprint regulatory charges. I think it went from 20 to 40 cents.

I recently canceled one of the line on my account. My friend wanted his iphone back and that was his opportunity without paying anything to get out of contract
    02-03-10 09:14 AM
    as a general rule, the only way you can switch carriers without paying ETF is if THEY have broken the contract you signed with them. That is the short, easy answer. Keep in mind the amount of money they profit, and the level of legal advice they could obtain with that amount of money, should you test the waters legally.

Other then that I think you may be stuck. If you just signed a contract, most carriers have a 30 trial period where you return the phone, and only pay for the airtime/data used. (No ETF or extra fees, just pay for the services you did use)

Good luck. Read your contract (all the fine print) and know what rights you DO have, and what rights that THEY have.
    02-03-10 09:38 AM
    I've gotten out of two contracts with companies without paying an ETF. The first was Verizon when they came out with the Push to Talk. "Everyone" was supposed to switch to it so we bought them and then everyone realized how much it bit and went back to Nextel. I had specifically asked when purchasing the phone if we didn't like the PTT could we switch back to a regular plan and we were told yes. When I called to do just that I was told that the phones would not support that and we either had to buy a new phone or stick with a PTT plan. I discussed the term "breach of contract" with a supervisor and we were let out of our contract. Mind you, at that point I had been a Bell/Nynex/Verizon customer for 10 years.

When I bought my first Curve I jumped from Nextel to T-Mobile because Sprint was so far away from getting one. Unfortunately, the phone and service both bit. I had zero bars at my house. I tried unsuccessfully for several months to get the flukey wi-fi calling to work to no avail. T-Mobile finally agreed that I had gone above and beyond to make my phone work and I was allowed out of that contract since my home has no T-Mobile service.

Both reasons for my being let out w/o an ETF were legit, and neither were easy. Best of luck.
    02-03-10 09:45 AM
    look into where you'd be roaming under VZW's network and take a road trip.. use a majority of airtime/data under it, and they'll cancel YOU.
    02-03-10 11:36 AM
    look into where you'd be roaming under VZW's network and take a road trip.. use a majority of airtime/data under it, and they'll cancel YOU.
    HAHAHA! I like the way you think. That's awesome
    02-03-10 02:01 PM
    Spend most of your time roaming on VZW, and Sprint will ask you to leave.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-03-10 02:08 PM
    I don't think most phones let you force roaming anymore though...
    02-03-10 02:12 PM
    can anyone help me by telling me the right thing to say so that i can get out of my contract without payinf the ETF? i seriously need help i cant deal with Sprint anymore im just fed up
    why exactly are you fed up with them for? and if its about service how come u didnt cancel within the 30 days... and if this happen after the 30 days i would kinda understand but you signed a contract...
    02-03-10 02:17 PM
    I just called about an hour ago and said that I didn't agree with the new fees as it was an adverse change to my contract. Took no more than 15 minutes and the guy didn't even give me a hassle. After 6 replacement Tours and poor signal to the point of "Searching for CDMA", I had enough.
    02-03-10 07:22 PM
    Some people amaze me (the op) you signed a contract. Either ride it out or pay the ETF. You should really pay attention to what you sign.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 11:23 PM
    Some people amaze me (the op) you signed a contract. Either ride it out or pay the ETF. You should really pay attention to what you sign.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    agreed X 2
    02-03-10 11:37 PM
    The only reason it was possible for the OP to get out of his contract is because Sprint decided to change that contract, giving him the option to opt out per that same contract. Agreed, OP's intention of getting out no matter what is not responsible, but Sprint only has itself to blame for this loophole.
    02-04-10 01:40 AM
    The only reason it was possible for the OP to get out of his contract is because Sprint decided to change that contract, giving him the option to opt out per that same contract. Agreed, OP's intention of getting out no matter what is not responsible, but Sprint only has itself to blame for this loophole.
    Touche.
    02-04-10 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD