I have a moto q work data device which has blackberry connect data feature and I am trying to set up email and sync using the destop manager however I have a desktop with vista (hate hate hate vista) and nothing is compatable with vista including active shyn so I downloaded the windows device center which doesn't allow me to sync etc because I do not have Micro Outlook....I have Micro Mail and nothing is compatable with anything else and I cannot find a bb desktop manager download to use with vista. Can anyone help me? I am losing it.....Thanks
    06-22-08 09:56 PM
    I have never liked ATT. Verizon is best and they bend over backwards to make it work for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree with you, I was with at&t for 2 years and when it was time to renew my contract, they wouldn't give me the "new customer" price, the very same phone they were offering for new customers would have cost me more as an existing customer! I went to verizon and never looked back, they have been very helpful with everything.
    06-22-08 11:10 PM
    I agree with you, I was with at&t for 2 years and when it was time to renew my contract, they wouldn't give me the "new customer" price, the very same phone they were offering for new customers would have cost me more as an existing customer! I went to verizon and never looked back, they have been very helpful with everything.

I can say that same thing about AT&T, cause they most definitely bend over backwards to keep me.

before i upgraded my phone and got a family plan.

I had recieved the $40 plan with 450 minutes, now, they gave me an extra 300 minutes free to add to my plan along with 200 text messaging free as well.

So they will bendover backwards to help their valuable customers that they have had for a long time.
    06-22-08 11:38 PM
    I have a moto q work data device which has blackberry connect data feature and I am trying to set up email and sync using the destop manager however I have a desktop with vista (hate hate hate vista) and nothing is compatable with vista including active shyn so I downloaded the windows device center which doesn't allow me to sync etc because I do not have Micro Outlook....I have Micro Mail and nothing is compatable with anything else and I cannot find a bb desktop manager download to use with vista. Can anyone help me? I am losing it.....Thanks
    Welcome... you may want to start a new thread to get answers. This is a dilemma. I was able to grab me a copy of Outlook with the few PocketPCs/Smartphones came with.

Welcome 2 crackberry.
    06-23-08 12:18 AM
    I got my curve 8310 for $50 at radio shack lol the red one

06-25-08 12:24 AM
    AT&T is definitely willing to negotiate with old customers. My family has been on AT&T since '96 and we got them down to $99 for my NEW 8820. Call them and talk to a supervisor if all else fails.
    06-25-08 12:38 AM
    That would be $50 more than the OP was going to get it for after rebates.

Shop at Letstalk.com. This the only one I trust other than bestbuy!

I'll second this.....I love Let's Talk.
    06-25-08 12:59 AM
    I got my new Curve for $99...to me that's pretty cheap compared to say paying retail.
    07-02-08 12:28 PM
    with any of these companies, you should definitely play the "i'll take my business elsewhere" card. note*
    works best when in person.
    credit card companies wave fees.
    computer companies offer free overnight shipping (dell)
    cell phone carriers offer free upgrades/accessories (like a free car charger, headset, etc.)

somehow, in America at least, the customer is usually* right.

just call and gripe for a minute and see what happens. I haven't had bad experiences with ATT and i dont think you should either. being cordial goes a long way these days. godspeed.
    08-13-08 12:33 AM
    Thats what im talking about scandal! I just want a better deal then a new customer.
    I am sure you can find a better deal hey that Amazon deal for a penny is pretty sweet. You should probably start to come to terms w/ the fact that the days of "customer is king" is dead, we are in a changing era. stop pouting and just use the resources at your disposal to get what you want.
    08-13-08 01:31 AM
    Onetime...

have you called ATT yet or are still content to ***** and moan because you think you are special. Come off of your high horse and call the company they WILL help you unless you are and a** to them then you probably deserve to pay full retail and about $300 more a month for your service...

It is obvious that you have never work in the customer service industry, it is "customers" like you and you self-entitled BS attitude that makes me hate the customer service industry.

So call ATT and act civil, calmly explain the situation and STOP feeling sorry for yourself!
    08-13-08 06:19 PM
    I had a customer just like you call up today and ask for a free blackberry curve, I offered it to her for 99.99 waive a 2yr contract and get a 1yr contract without upgrade fee. she told me, I'll cancel pay the ETF and go to sprint. I laughed, well pressed the mute button then laughed. not that sprint is good/bad not passing judgement, but it would be 200 to pay the etf when she would pay 99.99 for the dang phone. what more do you all want?!
    08-14-08 01:14 AM
    I have been with ATT for 8 years and see nothing wrong with paying 99 bucks for a Curve. I have a 4gb memory card that I got for 5 bucks so it has just as much memory as the Nano that I spent 200 on. I downloaded LiveSearch for free and that gives me directions just as well as my Garmin GPS that I spent 250 on. Maybe you could squeak a free Curve out of Verizon, but you're going to be paying 10 bucks a month to use their GPS. 12x10=120 in your first year alone. The 99 dollar offer is really relative to what you want the Curve for and is more than a fair price considering what it does.

08-16-08 10:13 AM
    I had a customer just like you call up today and ask for a free blackberry curve, I offered it to her for 99.99 waive a 2yr contract and get a 1yr contract without upgrade fee. she told me, I'll cancel pay the ETF and go to sprint. I laughed, well pressed the mute button then laughed. not that sprint is good/bad not passing judgement, but it would be 200 to pay the etf when she would pay 99.99 for the dang phone. what more do you all want?!
    Damn that's an awesome deal. I don't think I could offer anything like that on one of my calls.
    08-16-08 11:01 AM
    What kinda deal can I get switching from VZW! That sounds like a sick deal! I Tried Sprint for 4 days and almost threw the phone over the counter their service sucked so badly!!

I'm tempted to switch to AT&T but I fear I'll loose my coverage area/strength... Can some of you long term AT&T customers link over to my thread and share your opinions of AT&T? -> http://forums.crackberry.com/f68/did...h-t-vzw-62570/
    08-17-08 04:49 PM
    Just think, the days of contracts for years at a time and early termination fees are numbered. I just read a story on yahoo about a California court decision that rules early termination fees are illegal. The case was against Sprint, but if after going through the entire appeals process the decision holds up, there won't be any contracts anymore because there won't be any penalties for ending them anytime you (the customer) wanted to. Granted, it would probably make device costs go up since carriers would most likely stop subsidizing the phones seeing as they wouldn't be able to lock you into a multiple year contract.
    08-19-08 01:05 AM
    So the person who started this thread figured AT&T should give him a discount since he was a loyal customer...I think he's absolutely right, being loyal should get you a discount!

All of you who think loyalty should get you something...come on over to Verizon Wireless!!!!! Let me state some facts on my account...then I'll get to the details of my new Curve 8330.

- VIP Account (3 years in the West billing system, 8 year customer)
    - Eligible for "New Every Two" upgrade in January 2009
    - Account paid on time and up to date (Just sign up for auto-pay people!)

If you know what to ask for and are a decent customer on the phone...VZW will get you want you want, for the price you want. So...here is my story...

I called in to two different reps to hear that I can get a Curve for $99.99...a few days later I call in again and just stated that "I want to upgrade to the Curve, but it all depends on the price."

The rep I was talking to quoted me $57 with taxes, shipped to my house... I decided to decline and go into the store to see if they could match that and I could get the phone today. Of course not, the store rep just joshed me around for $200..."possibly $150". I laughed and walked out dialing *611.

I got a different rep and asked if I could talk to the previous rep again, he said he'd try his best...but offered to help me. I told him what she quoted me and how, here is the good part...

New Every Two Price = $169.99 - Mail in rebate for $70 = Normal $99.99 sale price... Then throw in VIP status and you get an additional $50 bonus incentive... bringing my new Curve down to $49.99 before tax!!!!!

They let me upgrade free of charge (VIP Status) 3 months early!
    In effect this also shortened my contract 3 months because it is extended for 2 years from today rather than 3 months from now.

So I'm just smiling sitting here waiting for my new Curve to come via FedEx, shipped for $53.04 when all was said and done. Yea I have to wait a week for the phone in the mail...but wouldn't you for $53.04!!!!
    08-20-08 02:20 PM
    Well I guess it's how you value the different discounts. In your scenario they basically gave you a $50 discount but hit you with a full 2 year contract. But we also heard from an AT&T rep above who offered no discount on the phone but offered a 1 year contract.

They are both great deals.
    08-20-08 04:20 PM
    I'm not sure how everyone has had such a problem. I started out with a crappy Samsung, but I never had an issue with anything out of AT&T, this makes 3 years now I've been with them, maybe 4. My next upgrade was a RAZR V3, nor C, R, or M. Never had a problem out of it, nor my service. Not even the reps when I called to check on the account. My most recent upgrade the 8310 Curve I caught on a serious deal. $39.99 with the addition of a $40 Blackberry package. I attempted to order but it wouldn't let me add the data package. The price stayed at $199.99. After some online chat with a rep, a couple of long phone calls, and the waiving some fees because of an error I was able to get it at the $39.99 price. All the time spent was all worth it... it came in the following day.
    08-20-08 11:24 PM
    i'm sorry i have been with att for around 10 yrs now and im a tech for the bb but i keep my service with att for the reason of if there is a screw up they atleast take care of it so if you feel like going to sprint your loss
    08-21-08 08:26 PM
    att rules i had the sony ericson wi850 walkman phone 2 weeks after getting it the screen heat cracked i went to att's warranty exchange store got another that one the buttons didnt work so i got another that one just stoped working he told me because of the three strikes rules i can pick another phone so joking with the manager i said " ill just take the blackberry pearl " and he said OK i was shocked but happy because i walked out with a new blackberry pearl (i guess the army uniform pays off sometimes and a good attitude helped)
    08-21-08 11:27 PM
    Wish I had the nice experiences you guys all had.

- 11 year Verizon wireless customer (started when they were Bell Atlantic Mobile). Never a discount offer (other than the basics), they didn't even know I was an 11 year customer when I left for AT&T. on top of it I didn't even know they had VIP accounts and I never payed bill late. EXPENSIVE. Also, they managed to over bill my account on top of it on a constant basis charging me for roaming charges that I never had.

- Switched to AT&T and now (in New York City) I can't even use my phone in my apartment (and there is only one floor above me before the sky). With Verizon I had full strength in all parts of my apartment. AT&T network is horrendous in NYC... which doesn't make sense to me. Wi-Fi though is a savior (except you can't make calls over it).

Has anyone ever heard of a way to get around the voice over wi-fi crippling that AT&T has?
    08-22-08 05:10 AM
    I still have to give ATT credit. My phone was stolen last night and today they gave me a new curve, bluetooth headset, holster and car charger for 150.00. I didn't have insurance and the guy hooked me up with a "new customer" package without extending my contract.

08-25-08 06:44 PM
    Maybe you should consider yourself special and getting a deal while contiuing your contract since ATT is offering the same thing with a 2 year contract to get brand new customers. Sounds like some one needs a hug.

08-26-08 08:52 AM
    Its worse at Sprint.....Old customers cant get good deals that NEW customers get. In order to get the same price that they offer new customers the old customers would have to change their # pretty much and start fresh which I think sucks.
    08-26-08 09:50 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD