Here in delaware we had some storms and my power flickered for a moment. When I woke up from all of my electronics I checked my bb which was ok and my home phone.

I am getting nothing on my phone. Called tmobile.Tried to get to @home support. No answear for a half hour. So I did some testing and I have no voicemail on either phone. Called tmobile again got through to pda support but no avail to @home.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 01:24 AM
    By the way I reset my router and modem three times. @home equivelant of a battery pull.

07-24-08 01:26 AM
    I ended up having to do a hard reset (push the red button on the back) which is a pain bc now when I get home I have to reset my security settings.

07-24-08 07:59 AM
    Sorry man

That is why UPS backup batteries are good! I have my @Home, Cable Modem, etc all on a backup battery for power outages. Reconfiguring could never be easier!
    07-24-08 08:10 AM
    I ended up having to do a hard reset (push the red button on the back) which is a pain bc now when I get home I have to reset my security settings.

I recently discovered I had to reenter all my router settings after a reset - something I had no clue how to do and it was the middle of the night so I couldn't ask bmc. Thankfully one of my ISP techs was reading their email and emailed me directions to do it. Hope you have service back after reentering your router settings.

PS I bought a UPS that day!
    Last edited by exelant; 07-24-08 at 10:28 AM.
    07-24-08 10:20 AM
    When you went to @home service to replace your landline, did you add a second router for the landline or use the TMobile router for your WiFi and phone. I am curious because I use my router to provide my WiFi network from a dish antenna to connect my laptop and my BB UMA/WiFi connection -- I have a microwave wireless internet connection running at 1.5 to 3 mbps (one of those living in the sticks internet options).
    07-24-08 10:26 AM
    When you went to @home service to replace your landline, did you add a second router for the landline or use the TMobile router for your WiFi and phone. I am curious because I use my router to provide my WiFi network from a dish antenna to connect my laptop and my BB UMA/WiFi connection -- I have a microwave wireless internet connection running at 1.5 to 3 mbps (one of those living in the sticks internet options).
    Running @Home is simple and straighforward exelant

The router provided for TMo at home is a Linksys WRTU54G. This router is very functional...

It has a compartment for 2 SIM cards (deignated for your phone line...). This also includes a 4 port switch and Wireless Router. It acts as a hub for your VoIP, WiFi devices and your wired network devices

I can run all of my TMo devices on the router with the 'Talk Forever' addon (formerly Hotspot@Home). And the calling over VoIP (@Home service) is great!! You just connect the TMobile Linksys router into your high-speed internet modem and you are set to go!!

No better value that 10 bucks for VoIP home phone!! It includes caller ID, call waiting and voice mail! Better value for all of that than any other place I have seen! And the call quality is great!
    07-24-08 10:36 AM
    Dumb question. When you get Tmobile at home, does the new box that you receive replace your old wireless router? The rep on the phone told me that it does, but when I look at pictures, it does not seem to have a phone line input (to come from the wall).
    07-24-08 11:05 AM
    Dumb question. When you get Tmobile at home, does the new box that you receive replace your old wireless router? The rep on the phone told me that it does, but when I look at pictures, it does not seem to have a phone line input (to come from the wall).
    It depends on your ISP (internet service provider). Some ISPs have the modem/router built into one. Others have a cable/DSL modem and you use a seperate router.

Who is your ISP?

Short answer, yes... the @Home router should be your primary router.

You take phone line (or cable) from wall to the ISP modem. Then a LAN (CAT5) cable from modem to the @Home router! Then all PCs, WiFi phones, @Home service goes through the @Home router.
    07-24-08 11:11 AM
    It depends on your ISP (internet service provider). Some ISPs have the modem/router built into one. Others have a cable/DSL modem and you use a seperate router.

Who is your ISP?

Short answer, yes... the @Home router should be your primary router.

You take phone line (or cable) from wall to the ISP modem. Then a LAN (CAT5) cable from modem to the @Home router! Then all PCs, WiFi phones, @Home service goes through the @Home router.
    Got it. Thanks!
    07-24-08 11:32 AM
    Got it. Thanks!
    That was the long and the short of it... so is it working now?

If so, glad I could help!

And, just curious... are you running from modem to the TMobile router... or from a router to the router??

If it is router-to-router, you wanna get into the config page of the other router and turn on DMZ mode for the TMobile router. This allows all traffic to flow without being filtered by the ISP router.

If you have it set up as modem-to-TMobile router then disregard that!
    07-24-08 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD