i changed all the vendor id's to 102 and it doesnt let me save the file does anyone know how to do this?
    09-06-08 03:01 PM
    09-06-08 03:07 PM
    it doesnt tell me how to fix that?
    09-06-08 03:12 PM
    make a copy of the blackberry.alx file, paste it to the desktop, edit that file, save it, drag the edited one back into the folder where it came from, drag out the original blackberry.alx file. that should work.
    09-06-08 03:21 PM
    it doesnt tell me how to fix that?
    Yes it does. It covers all about unlocking vendor themes.
    09-06-08 03:38 PM
    it doesnt say what you shoudl do if the file doesnt save though
    09-06-08 03:47 PM
    i changed all the vendor id's to 102
    I'm trying to point out a mistake you are making.

This is the theme file, you'll need to edit it and take out the vendorID. It should look like this when done.

<!-- Cingular US filesets -->

<fileset Colour="True" KeyboardType="Qwerty"
    Java="1.0" series="8830">
    <files>
    If you are just changing the vendor id number instead of removing the vendor id string, then it isn't going to work.

And Reckoner has already given you a solution to saving the file.
    09-06-08 03:52 PM
    i did that toooo

it doesnt let me save it anyway
    09-06-08 03:54 PM
    Well then you are going to have to elaborate on your issue. What OS are you using? Is your user account an admin account? Any other info you can provide about the issue? Any error messages? Have you checked the error log viewer in control panel for more info?
    09-06-08 04:01 PM
    Ok, this is really simple. I've done this through and through. If you follow directions from the unlock vendor themes thread, you should be fine. On that note. Have you done any memory optimization (i.e. removed .cod's for any of the vendors?) If so, put them back. I read your above posts, but make the .alx file looks just like this http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/how...595/#post13048. Also you should open the file as a notepad or wordpad file. The best thing to do is right-click on the blackberry.alx file, open with, and search for either pad program. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DRAG/EDIT AND RE-DRAG! If it's not saving, it's your computer. So I would reboot the comp and try again. I previewed all the themes and chose have the TIM theme and it's working perfect. Obviously you're missing something.
    09-06-08 04:03 PM
    If you are just changing the vendor id number instead of removing the vendor id string, then it isn't going to work.

And Reckoner has already given you a solution to saving the file.
    and no Sunkast, you do not have to remove the string. I don't have the screen shot program, but I will gladly show you a copy of my blackberry.alx file proving it.
    09-06-08 04:07 PM
    and no Sunkast, you do not have to remove the string. I don't have the screen shot program, but I will gladly show you a copy of my blackberry.alx file proving it.
    My information was based of the BB 101 article.
    09-06-08 04:14 PM
    My information was based of the BB 101 article.
    That's nice, but partly accurate. Like I said, as it is posted in the unlock vendor themes you can just change the vendor code to your carrier in the string, but it has been acknowledged that it can be removed also in the same thread and by me. It's up to the user, and i guess we'll see what happens with natanz
    09-06-08 04:27 PM
    THANKS ALL YOU GUYS FOR HELPING ME.
    i used what reconer said and it work along witht he work of sunkast

i only have the o2 theme withe tmobile, tim and china mobile, vodafone, telefonica, rogers, and orange....

is there anyway i can get the verizon theme

and also how to i get the preloaded blackberry backgrounds back on the device?
    09-06-08 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD