OK I know this has been discussed before, but I have some special circumstances.

My Samsung phone has been wet several times, beaten, broken, etc. The outside screen was smashed and has been long dead.

I have taken it to two Sprint stores, now. Their little data transfer thing failed to connect to the Samsung phone. (But it charges and works just fine) The lady tried a bluetooth connect, but the Samsung phone says that the Blackberry 8530 is "Not supported".

I do have the Verizon contact backup list, however, I think Verizon wasted no time in shutting down my ability to access the list.

I have 388 contacts on this Samsung phone, inputting them by hand is not really an option.

Please, does anyone have any suggestions?
    04-08-10 11:46 PM
    If you can finally export the contacts from your phone to a PC, you could import them to a Google Mail account and then use Google Sync on your Berry to transfer the contacts easily.

Does your Samsung phone allow you to transfer contacts to a SIM card if it uses one? That's another option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 08:44 AM
    The lady said that it wouldn't let me transfer them to the MicroSD card. How much sense does that make?
    04-09-10 09:15 PM
    A sim card is different than an sd card.. You can easily copy contacts to a sim.. Well I guess not if you can't see the screen..

04-10-10 01:27 AM
    A SIM card is a chip that actually stores your carrier's info, among other stuff, and lets your phone work. Not all phones use it though. You can transfer contact info to a SIM card, then use that card on your BB to transfer contacts to its internal memory.

If the inner screen works, you could try Samsung's software for backing up and exporting your info, if your model allows it.

04-10-10 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD