My 2 years with Verizon is up in May. Now once that month is here, does that mean I have unlimited access of time on when I can upgrade? I can wait for the right phone I want and then upgrade right there?

Also, is there an option when I find the right phone I want to do 1 or 2 years? or is it certain phones 1 year and other phones you can only get with 2 years...

I know I sound like a n00b, It's just my 1st smart phone and data plan I've had. I was with MetroPCS 2 years ago so just wanted to see how this works...

Thanks Forum
    Allen.
    01-06-11 06:46 PM
    My 2 years with Verizon is up in May. Now once that month is here, does that mean I have unlimited access of time on when I can upgrade? I can wait for the right phone I want and then upgrade right there?

Also, is there an option when I find the right phone I want to do 1 or 2 years? or is it certain phones 1 year and other phones you can only get with 2 years...

I know I sound like a n00b, It's just my 1st smart phone and data plan I've had. I was with MetroPCS 2 years ago so just wanted to see how this works...

Thanks Forum
    Allen.
    hi allen.
    Once your upgrade becomes available in May, you can upgrade anytime after that day, when ever your ready. In example, my upgrade was due Sept.19th,2010 but I finally decided to use my upgrade on Dec.15th,2010.
    As for upgrade contract term, you can do a 1yr or a 2yr., just keep in mind that a phone on a 1yr contract will cost more than on a 2yr. The difference is usually $70. ie-2yr for moto D2 is $100, and for 1yr it would be $170. (prices are examples and not actual) Also keep in mind with a smart phone you have to have a data plan. Unlimited plan is $29.99 and for 150mb I believe it is $15.
    I hope this answers what you were looking for good luck with your choice!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-06-11 at 08:08 PM.
    AllenRulz likes this.
    01-06-11 08:06 PM
    Wow, thank you soooo much P1nkD1am0nds. That helps a lot and also makes me happy that I can just sit on my upgrade until I'm ready for my right phone. Thank you again!!!
    01-06-11 08:14 PM
    My 2 years with Verizon is up in May. Now once that month is here, does that mean I have unlimited access of time on when I can upgrade?
    You can upgrade anytime after you become eligible.

You can get any phone at either the 1 or 2-year price. You just have to pay the difference in cost.
    AllenRulz likes this.
    01-06-11 08:22 PM
    Wow, thank you soooo much P1nkD1am0nds. That helps a lot and also makes me happy that I can just sit on my upgrade until I'm ready for my right phone. Thank you again!!!
    you are very welcome. glad I could help! Good luck!
    01-06-11 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD