Hey there, I'm currently spending several months in mexico.....and I found a blackberry pearl from a friend, I unlocked it and placed a telcel SIM card in it. I'm only able to make and receive phone calls and text message. How do I access the Opera Browser, Blackberry Messaging...etc.... if anyone knows the best or cheapest way to take advantage of this .....thank you
    05-12-09 08:18 PM
    Any Luck With That Because Im Having The Same Problem With A Blackberry Peral 8100 That My Brother Gave Me, Ive Checked All Over "TelCel.com" And The "Amigo de Telcel" Section Of It And I Got Nothing And I Ask The People That Unlocked It For Me And They Say That I Have To Do It By Internet That They Cant Help Me.
    06-02-09 03:04 PM
    Hey there, I'm currently spending several months in mexico.....and I found a blackberry pearl from a friend, I unlocked it and placed a telcel SIM card in it. I'm only able to make and receive phone calls and text message. How do I access the Opera Browser, Blackberry Messaging...etc.... if anyone knows the best or cheapest way to take advantage of this .....thank you
    Hi
    Do you currently have a Blackberry Data Plan with your current provider?
    06-02-09 03:08 PM
    To activate your blackberry service

Text to #5050 with the message BBI30 to activate for 30 days $432 MXP
    BBI7 and BBI15 is also available. not sure the price.

IF you buy TJ Amigos Minutes from an OXXO or other store you will get bonuse credits. We buy the $500 peso cards and it gives us $900 in credit.
    So with the dollar exchange that gives us service for about $25 a month for unlimited service.

My girlfriend did this and it worked great for 4 months... but for some reason doesn't activate anymore.

So if anyone else has tried this I'd sure like to hear your experience.

We have an unlocked 8320 from Sprint and like I said it worked great for months...until Aug 09
    08-16-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD