Nice. With the new title, the OP seems less like a name calling baby.
    12-09-09 04:48 PM
    Don't believe that this would happen. I'm smelling something here..... Kind of smells like troll mixed with BS
    I'm sorry this seems like a troll post to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I see this happen a lot actually. Reps will send a customer a different phone, because the customer demands one. So the incompetent rep sends out a CLNR instead a brand new phone. I actually called into tech support on behalf of a friend to go ahead and get his Scoop (what a great phone) replaced with an Env 2 under multi-fru. Of course he receives it without a back or battery or charger or any documentation.

This is VERY frustrating for ANYONE to deal with. Reps who get these calls need to understand that it was a STUPID mistake on whoever sent the order out originally. The rep who sent the order out should be given negative 360 feedback by the rep who has to now deal with an irate customer.

What the original rep who ordered the phone should have done was send out a brand new device - phone, box, manual, battery, battery door, charger, European adapters, etc.. instead of a CLNR. Reps don't want to send that to their supervisor though - maybe because they're lazy? Who knows.

If we cannot get a battery back the first time he called in, then he should have been sent a new phone on the spot - not some stupid response like "oh we'll credit you back for a new back." How lame! ughh..

The incompetence I see everyday from some tech reps never ceases to amaze me.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 12-09-09 at 05:44 PM.
    12-09-09 05:41 PM
    Seems like OP should have been able to walk into a Verizon store and ask for a back. I don't see why the store rep couldn't have produced one, or worst case pulled one out of a new phone box (and then go through their networks to get a replacement).
    Should have been able to walk into a VZW store and get a new Storm 2, which is the whole purpose behind the policy.
    12-09-09 05:42 PM
    I see this happen a lot actually. Reps will send a customer a different phone, because the customer demands one. So the incompetent rep sends out a CLNR instead a brand new phone. I actually called into tech support on behalf of a friend to go ahead and get his Scoop (what a great phone) replaced with an Env 2 under multi-fru. Of course he receives it without a back or battery or charger or any documentation.

This is VERY frustrating for ANYONE to deal with. Reps who get these calls need to understand that it was a STUPID mistake on whoever sent the order out originally. The rep who sent the order out should be given negative 360 feedback by the rep who has to now deal with an irate customer.

What the original rep who ordered the phone should have done was send out a brand new device - phone, box, manual, battery, battery door, charger, European adapters, etc.. instead of a CLNR. Reps don't want to send that to their supervisor though - maybe because they're lazy? Who knows.

If we cannot get a battery back the first time he called in, then he should have been sent a new phone on the spot - not some stupid response like "oh we'll credit you back for a new back." How lame! ughh..

The incompetence I see everyday from some tech reps never ceases to amaze me.

If Verizon did this everytime someone cried out and wanted a new phone then everyone would be talking about the hike in prices on the plans, or something else because the new phone would have to be discounted since the customer isn't eligible for an upgrade. I understand that not everyone is into contracts, however they are there for a reason and they have guidelines to meet.
    12-09-09 05:54 PM
    Should have been able to walk into a VZW store and get a new Storm 2, which is the whole purpose behind the policy.
    Very true. I retract my previous statment (but I still think the ball was seriously dropped and OP spent far too much time on the phone for something that should have been corrected quickly.)
    12-09-09 05:56 PM
    If Verizon did this everytime someone cried out and wanted a new phone then everyone would be talking about the hike in prices on the plans, or something else because the new phone would have to be discounted since the customer isn't eligible for an upgrade. I understand that not everyone is into contracts, however they are there for a reason and they have guidelines to meet.
    Why have a Multi-Fru policy if it was not meant to be used? We should do things right the first time and maybe NPS won't be so low.

You must understand that if a VZW tech rep offers a customer a completely different phone under the Multi-Fru policy, then the tech rep should follow the correct policy and procedures.
    12-09-09 06:13 PM
    Very true. I retract my previous statment (but I still think the ball was seriously dropped and OP spent far too much time on the phone for something that should have been corrected quickly.)
    No need to retract your statements. It would have been a better business move to have the store just give the customer a back if they had it.

I agree that the OP did spend way too much time talking on the phone. Even I've had to call tech support more than a few times regarding a simple problem I had, which I ended up fixing myself.

The ball has been dropping too much lately. I really wish VZW would start firing some of those who make mistakes every other call and are there to collect a paycheck and go home. It makes mine and others', who actually give a damn, job a little harder.
    12-09-09 06:18 PM
    Pk. Nice title change but not nearly as enticing as the original. LMAO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 06:30 PM
    Just buy one... cnn.cn. They are like 10 bucks.
    12-09-09 08:26 PM
    Irregardless of what happened with the phone, whether the story was true or not, the original title and insult of the VZW rep was such that you could hardly expect everyone playing nice. In most situations, if you walk in looking for a fight, you will probably get it unless you can run your feet as fast as you can run your mouth.

I, an AT&T customer, can agree with the VZW employees who feel insulted.
    12-10-09 10:31 AM
    Since the title was changed lets just move on from here.
    12-10-09 11:39 AM
    Not to Kiss ****, but agreed.....
    Sometimes people need to step back before hitting submit
    12-10-09 11:41 AM
    Not to Kiss ****, but agreed.....
    Sometimes people need to step back before hitting submit
    ok, but it was fun while it lasted.
    12-10-09 12:01 PM
    ok, but it was fun while it lasted.
    yeah it was......
    12-10-09 12:02 PM
    yeah it was......
    I was just reading your tagline and was wondering if early summer would be a good time for my daughter and I to come out and stay a few weeks?
    12-10-09 12:49 PM
    sure.....it's from a christmas movie
    12-10-09 12:55 PM
    Since the title was changed lets just move on from here.
    Then close it, the OP already stated thet he got the issue resolved.
    12-10-09 12:57 PM
    Then close it, the OP already stated thet he got the issue resolved.
    I'm down with that. Thread closed!
    12-10-09 01:49 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD