After six replacements of Storm 9530 in a year my wonderful Customer I Don't Care Rep pushed me into a 9550 , sounds fair enough right ? The stores do not care the CLN so they sent me one via Fed Ex since I am out of contract I was not allowed to have a new replacement. This happened Friday and the device arrived late yesterday ( Tuesday.) The problem..... Verizon was UNAWARE the CLN does not have a battery door cover and the two devices are not compatible. After two and half hours with six different reps I was advised by supervisor to order the battery door cover on line and they will refund the purchase amount on my bill. After extensive research I see this is not any where to be found. Again after over an hour with rep this morning I was told even RIM could not sell this to Big Red because that is listed as an accessory . The final idea from the Supervisor at tech support was to cut a piece of cardboard out to cover battery and tape it to secure it. After this I was advise to then go and purchase a cover to protect the device from water or damage where the cardboard is. BRAVO Verizon, just when I thought you could not be any more foolish !!!!!!
    12-09-09 09:33 AM
    Just buy the battery door they gave you a 9550 for free. Its not a big deal to buy a battery door.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 09:39 AM
    If you're that unhappy with Verizon, why don't you switch? You said you were out of contract.
    12-09-09 09:46 AM
    send the phone back and just have them send you a regular Storm replacement.
    12-09-09 10:12 AM
    I agree with coldconfession13, all you needed was just a battery door.
    12-09-09 10:12 AM
    I would be mad too. They F'd up and telling you to use cardboard was stupid.

12-09-09 10:16 AM
    How can a supervisor say use cardboard?
    I have NEVER heard of any carrier cs story like that.....
    12-09-09 10:19 AM
    It was a silly suggestion, but I'm not sure what you want anyone here to do about it.
    12-09-09 10:23 AM
    I think the vz fanbois need to give the op a break. Can't you see his point? They truly believe that its ok to ask him to tape a piece of cardboard to thy back of his phone and call it macaroni. I find it hard to imagine that most of you would not have a problem with that. Especially after reading dozens upon dozens of "my track pad squeaks" or "does anyone else have a loose battery door" or "omg the light bleed is driving me crazy". And now the fanbois want the op to just shrug off having a CARDBOARD battery door.
    Op. I'm on your side.
    That is ridiculous.

12-09-09 10:26 AM
    I They truly believe that its ok to ask him to tape a piece of cardboard to thy back of his phone and call it macaroni. I find it hard to imagine that most of you would not have a problem with that.
    I find it hard to believe anyone would say that.
    12-09-09 10:34 AM
    One wonders what you did to the phones to go through 6 of them in a year.
    12-09-09 10:36 AM
    If you're that unhappy with Verizon, why don't you switch? You said you were out of contract.
    This seems like a logical way to resolve things. Either that or order a battery cover.

Certainly you get some dolts in tech/customer service. Law of Averages and all.
    12-09-09 10:42 AM
    Why not go into a VZW store. You never mentioned that you did, so in essence, you lack common sense to have done that in the first place.

12-09-09 11:17 AM
    Why not go into a VZW store. You never mentioned that you did, so in essence, you lack common sense to have done that in the first place.

Really? Would they have helped them place the tape in the proper place? What could going to the store possibly have done to resolve "a missing battery door" that couldn't be done over the telephone?
    12-09-09 11:26 AM
    One wonders what you did to the phones to go through 6 of them in a year.
    Don't disagree with or criticize VZW. One of their fans is probably calling the IRS now to audit you.
    12-09-09 12:50 PM
    Don't believe that this would happen. I'm smelling something here..... Kind of smells like troll mixed with BS
    12-09-09 12:55 PM
    I'm sorry this seems like a troll post to me.

12-09-09 12:57 PM
    I don't post a lot but....this forum is meant to help people but it seems when someone post something that the REPS don't agree with or like it seems like they get offended and they bash them or question them like is there fault that they have experience or are currently having problems with their phones/account etc.... Verizon is great but by no means are they perfect. I understand people try to scam Verizon or lie to get whatever they want but not everyone is that way. I mean seriously how can anyone think what happen to they guy is ok or understandable. I ve been a Verizon costumer for years and while its been mostly good I also had my share of bad experience... Just my 2 cents...Oh yeah I ll probably get bash for this too...
    12-09-09 01:06 PM
    I don't post a lot but....this forum is meant to help people but it seems when someone post something that the REPS don't agree with or like it seems like they get offended and they bash them or question them like is there fault that they have experience or are currently having problems with their phones/account etc.... Verizon is great but by no means are they perfect. I understand people try to scam Verizon or lie to get whatever they want but not everyone is that way. I mean seriously how can anyone think what happen to they guy is ok or understandable. I ve been a Verizon costumer for years and while its been mostly good I also had my share of bad experience... Just my 2 cents...Oh yeah I ll probably get bash for this too...
    I won't bash you, but simply ask, with the title of this post, and considering what "apparently" was told as a solution to his problem, can you not see where someone who worked for the company would not be offended?
    12-09-09 01:39 PM
    Really? Would they have helped them place the tape in the proper place? What could going to the store possibly have done to resolve "a missing battery door" that couldn't be done over the telephone?
    Some stores have extra backs laying around. It's always worth a shot. And I'm calling shenanigans on the whole "cardboard" thing. It either (A) never happened or (B) was clearly a joke and the OP is triolling.
    12-09-09 01:42 PM
    After an additional hour with care on the line they were finally able for a store to produce a battery door. The reason I could not buy a door as was stated before is that they are not for purchase yet from any sources that both Verizon and myself have been able to locate not even RIM it'self . Sounds like a small issue I know but bought the phone (9530) at one year price an do not see the need for it to be unusable after only a year of service, thats why we buy insurance and care for our products. Thank you Sandra at care who was willing to see a problem til the end and not just pass the buck as so did many other reps.
    12-09-09 02:05 PM
    Some stores have extra backs laying around. It's always worth a shot. And I'm calling shenanigans on the whole "cardboard" thing. It either (A) never happened or (B) was clearly a joke and the OP is triolling.
    I'm wondering why you took it seriously in the first place. If the IRS really does audit him, he'll blame all of you. I can see the post. "VZW Had IRS Thugs Persecute me!"
    12-09-09 02:07 PM
    I have no doubt that he was told to use cardboard. There are some people that lack common sense. Many years ago, I used to be a manager in a pizza delivery place. We messed up an order and when the customer called back, the person who answered the phone told him to pick off the wrong toppings. We did send him a correct pizza.

VZW reps, lighten up. If you are treating customers the same way you treat people here, you need to find a different job. You may not believe it, but sometimes Verizon employees make mistakes.
    Last edited by bluedragon1971; 12-09-09 at 02:12 PM.
    12-09-09 02:09 PM
    If this is what really happened, it seems like two things are going on:

1) Verizon really dropped the ball on customer service, considering based on the OP's post he was an unhappy customer, and
    2) OP spent waaaaay too much time on the phone to resolve this.

Seems like OP should have been able to walk into a Verizon store and ask for a back. I don't see why the store rep couldn't have produced one, or worst case pulled one out of a new phone box (and then go through their networks to get a replacement).

But again, like I said in my other post, if you're that unhappy with Verizon, why not switch? You said you were out of contract, so you can get the new customer pricing anywhere else.
    12-09-09 02:56 PM
    I edited the title. Now play nice children!
    12-09-09 03:48 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD