Email sent to my gmail account arrive in my blackberry either once, twice, or three times. Most of the time it arrives twice. They arrive within 2 minutes of one another.

I fixed the sent items issue by using the workaround and creating a filter. That was done 6 months ago when I got the phone. I just started getting this problem less than a month ago.

I have full service while this is happening. I have heard if you get a message and you dont have service you might get dupe emails because bb service doesnt know if you have received it.

I am not on a corporate BES.

I have attempted to delete my gmail account from sprint.blackberry.com (BIS) and then add it back again with the filter to block forwarded messages from my name (the workaround I did originally).

What should I do besides say its the hardware's fault and get a new phone?
    02-05-09 08:09 PM
    Did you try resending the service books?
    02-05-09 08:10 PM
    Did you try resending the service books?
    No how do I do that?
    02-05-09 08:12 PM
    Nevermind found the option to resend service books in sprints BIS. Ill let you know in 5 minutes if it helped. I also just hard reset the phone.
    02-05-09 08:16 PM
    And now I know its really screwed up, I got the activation email TWICE from blackberry that says that I have successfully setup/activated my gmail.
    02-05-09 08:19 PM
    You are supposed to get 1 email per account.

So it sounds like it thinks you have 2 accounts...

IMO, delete all email accounts (in your BIS). Resend service books. Try and add a different type of email account (hotmail or something) and see if you get duplicate activation messages.
    02-05-09 08:21 PM
    Nope sending service books did not work

This is seriously so annoying. And now I got a third email that confirms activation from blackberry. I am leading towards getting a replacement now...

Any other suggestions?
    02-05-09 08:23 PM
    You are supposed to get 1 email per account.

So it sounds like it thinks you have 2 accounts...

IMO, delete all email accounts (in your BIS). Resend service books. Try and add a different type of email account (hotmail or something) and see if you get duplicate activation messages.
    I only have 1 gmail account in BIS. I will follow those instructions and let you know in 10 minutes. Thanks for the suggestion
    02-05-09 08:25 PM
    papped,

well it looks like I am only getting 1 message per email from my hotmail account.

so now I am going to try deleteing hotmail, resending books, and then adding gmail back in. I resent books after I added gmail the first time so maybe it needs to be in your order. if that doesnt work, you have successfully isolated the problem to the gmail-BIS, but what can you suggest if I still have the problem?

Just to let you know I have 5 accounts that I can send and receive from in gmail but I never had this problem before a month ago when I had the same configuration. furthermore, I have been sending the test message directly to my gmail account and not had it pull it from the other accounts.
    02-05-09 08:40 PM
    Are you setting up GMail as IMAP or POP?

One possibility if it happens again is to try the other protocol.
    02-05-09 08:44 PM
    AND the WEIRDEST PART IS:

I am getting duplicate notifications on my facebook...'

Right now I cant tell if what I did works because its downloading all of my gmail email again to the messages section.... so irritating. any other suggestions?
    02-05-09 08:52 PM
    facebook is probably based off your Gmail right, since FB just uses email notifications.
    02-05-09 08:53 PM
    facebook is probably based off your Gmail right, since FB just uses email notifications.
    i meant to say i have the bb facebook app

its doubling up in their app too. i am going to try to uninstall it
    02-05-09 09:13 PM
    well its still receiving all the messages. i deleted the facebook app and I am upgrading to the new 4.5 software. hopefully that will fix it. i just think its so strange because certain emails come in once, most of them come twice, and sometimes three times...its so inconsistent. the only thing that we successfully isolated is that it is something inherent in the gmail to blackberry connection because the test with hotmail worked fine... thanks for your help

i will let you know how everything is after the update
    02-05-09 09:38 PM
    Yeah, so basically the facebook app overrides your email alerts (it hides them but still uses them).

So if your Gmail is getting double and your gmail is the account your FB alerts are sent to, your FB app will get double.
    02-05-09 11:14 PM
    I had the same problem. First, delete your gmail account from BIS, then download the gmail blackberry/mobile application to your phone. It is a gmail app that links directly to your gmail account and you can view your e mails by opening the app and yes it dynamically updates when you get new e-mails. Let me know if you are having problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 12:29 AM
    I had the same problem. First, delete your gmail account from BIS, then download the gmail blackberry/mobile application to your phone. It is a gmail app that links directly to your gmail account and you can view your e mails by opening the app and yes it dynamically updates when you get new e-mails. Let me know if you are having problems.

I havent tried this yet but now that I am thinking about it, the problem occured after I installed the mobile app...but I just checked the google mobile app and its only set to sync calendars and contacts. there is nothing about mail...i didnt know that it syncs that too. I am going to try it right now and tell you if you works...cross your fingers
    02-06-09 12:52 AM
    I don't have the entire google mobile app which is a suite of google products including the gmail app among other things, I just downloaded the stand alone gmail app by itself. Try that.

02-06-09 01:34 AM
    Ugh.. Mine's doin the duplicate emails thing by the dozen for each email. Think I'm going to have nightmares of the phone chiming all night. Make it stoooop!
    02-06-09 01:37 AM
    I am assuming you both have the most recent 4.5 update? You have to erase from your applications the MDS Runtime, MDS Default apps. This fixed that problem for me. Also, you don't need the DOD Root certificates either, so you can get rid of them. Keep the S/MIME though. Let me know if this solves your problem.
    02-06-09 07:59 AM
    Big thanks to Aerophage for helping me with that issue.
    02-06-09 08:11 AM
    Nasty,

I DLed these to my phone after completing the 4.5 update yesterday...are you saying I can delete these without issue?

I checked everything that there was to install (minus the five language support).
    02-06-09 08:16 AM
    That is EXACTLY what I am saying. RDS is for BES and DOD you do not need unless you work for the department of defense.
    02-06-09 08:27 AM
    Rds = Mds????

...and can I delete these from my handset or do I need BB DM?

...and we're talking about BB MDS Runtime as well as BB MDS Default Launcher and DOD Root Certificiates?
    Last edited by its_miller_time; 02-06-09 at 08:34 AM.
    02-06-09 08:32 AM
    That is what I meant, MDS. Yes both of them. And also the DOD Root Certificates. Get rid of all of it, and I would use Desktop Manager to do it. That is what I did.
    02-06-09 08:41 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD