I just got the World edition about a month ago and I'd like to change it over to the Curve. Im outside of the 30 day trial (I bought the phone the 18th of Sept), is there anyway, outside of paying full retail, I can get verizon to let me change phones?
    10-31-08 11:05 AM
    I just got the World edition about a month ago and I'd like to change it over to the Curve. Im outside of the 30 day trial (I bought the phone the 18th of Sept), is there anyway, outside of paying full retail, I can get verizon to let me change phones?
    There are no tips or secret words to say for Verizon to exchange your phone. All you can do is go to the store and tell them your story. Who knows, they may make an exception but don't really count on it. They did give you 30 days to try the phone out. Good luck.
    10-31-08 11:12 AM
    Yea, Im just having trouble with the world edition, it seems slow and freezes at times. The VZW customer service woman told me that im outside of my 30 days so they can replace what I have because it's under warranty, but my thinking is why not give me a curve, the cheaper of the two, and save them some money?
    10-31-08 12:30 PM
    Just got off the phone with them, told them how i was having trouble with the speed of the 8830 and how they would save money by sending me the cheaper of the two phones instead of a new 8830. they put me on hold, called a local VZW store and set up an exchange, I'm on my way to get the Curve now.
    10-31-08 12:56 PM
    They really should change this policy to either 45 or 60 days. 45 would be a good number. 30 days sometimes is just not enough.
    10-31-08 04:20 PM
    do you have any idea how much money VZW loses by letting people switch phones? TONS.

30 days is plenty of time to figure out whether you like a phone or not.
    10-31-08 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD