I have 4 lines on T-Mobile and 2 are eligible for upgrades this month, One is my line, on which I just got done ordering the 9700 and the other is my sister in law's line. However, my GF wants to use her upgrade and get the cliq.

So What I want to know is, can I order the phone online and just put my gf's sim card in it? I got a message that the phone has to have a data plan activated when I ordered my 9700, so will I have to get a data plan on my sister in law's line also? Because my gf will still have a data plan activated on said cliq, just want to make sure that I won't have to pay for a data plan on her sister's line that just won't be used. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks, I look forward to any info anyone may have.
    11-29-09 03:49 PM
    I have 4 lines on T-Mobile and 2 are eligible for upgrades this month, One is my line, on which I just got done ordering the 9700 and the other is my sister in law's line. However, my GF wants to use her upgrade and get the cliq.

So What I want to know is, can I order the phone online and just put my gf's sim card in it? I got a message that the phone has to have a data plan activated when I ordered my 9700, so will I have to get a data plan on my sister in law's line also? Because my gf will still have a data plan activated on said cliq, just want to make sure that I won't have to pay for a data plan on her sister's line that just won't be used. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks, I look forward to any info anyone may have.
    The terms of the data device upgrade policy states that the phone number with the upgrade must have a contracted data feature if the phone is bought at a discounted price with a contract. This would mean you would need a data plan on her sister's line, regardless of whether or not it was being used.

It would be worth giving care a call and asking if you can attach the contracted data feature to a different line, but I cannot guarantee anything.
    11-30-09 06:42 PM
    Thanks for the info, however I had already given up. I read a post here on cb stating that it was impossible, but I called tmo today to add the feature on the line, and somehow it came up that I wanted to use the phone on a different line, and tje rep said "no prob" and added it to a different line. So all is good. There is a loophole here. If you order it online, don't add the feature, call in when you get the phone, and be nice and explain ur situation, and it can be added to a different line

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD