I heard somewhere that the switch has already occurred, is anyone here on mobilicity and can confirm?

I'll run out tomorrow and sign up for one of their plans if I can for it to be grandfathered over.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 05:04 PM
    There was a post on red flag deals where someone tried it today and it worked. I am unable to attach a screen shot at the moment.

11-14-15 06:12 PM
    This is on Howard Forums:

Wind already owns the Mobilicity spectrum but Rogers can continue to use it until December 29th, 2015. That is the latest Rogers has before Wind takes full control in all licence areas.

Rogers has not, and likely will not, announce an exact date for transition due to possible problems happening. I think Rogers will transition areas of the country, probably Ontario first to try to get the bandwidth swap there done sooner.

My guess is end of November, but it is only a guess. Middle of October for phone replacement deadline, max two weeks to receive and start of November to transition. All of November to fix any problems encountered and if no issues for a week, announce the transition is done.
    11-14-15 06:26 PM
    So, I went to the mall and decided to get a Sim card to test it out.

Rogers has turned on the network.

There are a few bugs, and the speed is capped. But it seems to be fast enough for mobile devices. Not to mention they will apparently honour plans. If true, I may keep this new plan afterall.

11-15-15 09:07 AM

There are a few bugs, and the speed is capped. But it seems to be fast enough for mobile devices. Not to mention they will apparently honour plans. If true, I may keep this new plan afterall.

Yeah if you sign up for a speed boost plan then I think you should be OK. Out of curiosity what is the speed you are getting?

11-15-15 07:50 PM

Does this plan still only work in zones?

11-17-15 05:56 AM
    Yeah, it seems to still only work in zones. And I only got about 2mbit. Way too slow, even on mobile.

11-17-15 03:56 PM
    I think the speed will get better, I think the plan is to have everyone on LTE soon. If only they got rid of the zones.

11-18-15 08:37 PM
    I think the speed will get better, I think the plan is to have everyone on LTE soon. If only they got rid of the zones.

No, the plan is NOT to have everyone on LTE. They'll keep that as a way to get people to upgrade to more expensive Rogers plans. They'll let people keep their unlimited speed capped plans on mobilicity though.

11-18-15 09:25 PM