I am about to buy two BB's one for me and one for the wife. Based on the fact that the Tour 2 probably will not be available before the end of January, I would get the Tour because we will be spending a lot of time with web browsing and the better screen resolution is important. However I am very reluctant to get the Tour (price is NOT a factor). The 8350 has the touch pad and WiFi but the screen resolution of the Tour is a major factor. However if the problem of the Trackball, and browser freezing has not been solved I might have to look at an other carrier (T-Mobile) for their Bold 9700.

So getting to the point has the Trackball and browser problems been solved?
    12-20-09 04:15 PM
    bump, interested in this as well
    12-21-09 09:09 AM
    Just responded to your other thread. Here's my post:

I purchased my Tour at the beginning of October, which had a build date of mid-August. In mid-November the trackball started deteriorating and got flat out annoying come December. I had it replaced last week at the Sprint store and now it's fine. (FYI they replaced it with a trackball from a Curve).

I dunno if I would go as far to say that the problem is gone, but if you have TEP then Sprint will take care of you if the problem comes up. If I purchase another Blackberry it will definitely have that trackpad so I don't have to deal with this.

Regarding the browser, it works. That's about all I can say about it. It's not terrible.
    12-21-09 12:21 PM
    How exactly does the trackball fall out? Is this only with the tour or does it also occur with the curve?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD