Just wondering. Yes, I know I have to delete the vendor file, however I just wanted to reassure myself that this beta was okay and that there were no problems that would occur....

How is it?
    01-13-09 06:16 PM
    Installed on my Verizon 8330. No problems when compared to v4.5.0.97. Don't know if it fixed the speaker blast issue as that wasn't consistently reproducible for me.
    01-14-09 01:31 AM
    Might try searching the forums first before posting.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/spr...-flesh-135668/
    01-14-09 01:33 AM
    my boy has and his grl has
    01-14-09 01:52 AM
    Yep, works great!
    01-14-09 03:02 AM
    I've used it... I installed it this morning and i have been pleased. I really can't see that much of a difference. I think it helps my data connection. I was having problems with that before, but with this update, everything appears to be running a lot smoothly. If you haven't updated your software, do it!
    01-14-09 11:18 PM
    Everything seems quicker, browser is much snappier. Speaker phone blast still there. I would say not bad.

Based on experience, all 4.5 OS's have had the speaker phone blast. OS 4.3 was perfect, but then again had no GPS(BBMaps), html email, Docs to go, better browser.
    01-14-09 11:48 PM
    Upgraded from 4.5.0.97 and agree that the OS is much faster and responsive. Almost feels like I got a processor upgrade.

Another benefit for me, is the battery seems to be lasting longer on this version than .97
    01-15-09 12:32 AM
    Upgraded from 4.5.0.97 and agree that the OS is much faster and responsive. Almost feels like I got a processor upgrade.
    Yep and none of the "settling in" slowness that you usually get with 4.5 betas. Worked great after two reboots and a service book download. Very nice.
    01-15-09 01:24 AM
    Upgrade is now giving me true HTML when viewing emails. One hitch though is that it will sometimes not mark an email as 'read' and my message count will not go down to zero (even though I have no unread emails). Only way to fix it has been a battery pull.

Anyone else have their unread email message count not accurate? It seems to happen when I'm viewing an email and click on 'Get Images' in an HTML email.
    01-15-09 07:14 AM
    I installed 2 days ago. Yesterday I had a random reboot for no reason. Slacker radio seems slow to load even after a fresh install. Had to remove Viigo and reinstall to get that working properly.

Those are the only "issues" I've had.

I think my battery is lasting longer and I am experiencing less memory leak.

I've never had any speaker phone blast and I've upgraded to .77, .97, and now .119.
    01-15-09 07:34 AM
    just upgraded and it went flawless. after the install i didn;t even have to resend service books. and this OS seems pretty solid definately faster than the .77. its worth it.
    01-16-09 05:14 AM
    no problems whatsoever thus far, much more responsive than .97 although the speaker blast is still there. been there for me since .77

GPS works better for me, now connects indoors and SEEM to have better reception, but that could be from other things.
    01-17-09 07:46 AM
    no problems whatsoever thus far, much more responsive than .97 although the speaker blast is still there. been there for me since .77

GPS works better for me, now connects indoors and SEEM to have better reception, but that could be from other things.
    so how do you go from .77 to .119? where do I dl this? off of blackberry.com?
    01-17-09 08:27 AM
    so how do you go from .77 to .119? where do I dl this? off of blackberry.com?
    it is a sprint release, but you can delete the vendor.xml file and it will work for any carrier

here is the thread about it

Sprint OS v4.5.0.119 for 8330 (Multilanguage)
    01-17-09 09:46 AM
    it is a sprint release, but you can delete the vendor.xml file and it will work for any carrier

here is the thread about it

Sprint OS v4.5.0.119 for 8330 (Multilanguage)
    thanks! Can you really notice a big difference in the OS?
    01-17-09 09:50 AM
    I was using .97 last and its much snappier than that OS. My GPS seems to work much better now also. no problems so far!!!
    01-17-09 04:29 PM
    How is it?
    I have 8330 on verizon and upgraded yesterday. I did not delete the vendor file and everything is working fine. I mainly did it for the speakerblast problem and so far so good! All 3rd party programs are working.
    01-18-09 09:00 AM
    I have 8330 on verizon and upgraded yesterday. I did not delete the vendor file and everything is working fine. I mainly did it for the speakerblast problem and so far so good! All 3rd party programs are working.
    so you don't need to delete the vendor file? As for much snappier or everything is ok, details of the newer software--- are the icons changed? anything new?
    01-18-09 11:41 AM
    I just upgraded me and the wifey's Curve last night from .77 to the new .119 and everything is working great! It does seem to be a smoother release than Verizon's .77 official release. I did delete the vendor.xml file in the app loader to be safe. All programs are working perfect. I also did NOT delete the .77 OS file from my computer. Device Manager did everything perfect!
    01-18-09 11:56 AM
    I just upgraded me and the wifey's Curve last night from .77 to the new .119 and everything is working great! It does seem to be a smoother release than Verizon's .77 official release. I did delete the vendor.xml file in the app loader to be safe. All programs are working perfect. I also did NOT delete the .77 OS file from my computer. Device Manager did everything perfect!
    when you say smoother, what do you mean? descibe what is smoother?
    01-18-09 12:03 PM
    Everything is the same and you definitely don't have to delete the vendor file. still no speakerblast!
    01-18-09 12:04 PM
    I haven't had the speaker blast problem I've read about so I can't say this OS fixed that, but I have noticed a faster connection and especially with my BBM (BlackBerry Messenger). Before sending messages was a hassle and now they send through flawlessly. I did a clean wipe before installing this OS but always have backups on everything and the previous OS if I decide to go back down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 12:11 PM
    when you say smoother, what do you mean? descibe what is smoother?
    "Smoother" referring to like what the poster above stated...When using BBM there would always be a bit of lag when sending the messages, now it sends right away and accessing the different contacts and the particular conversations is faster. Navigating through the menus as also gotten a bit faster and more "smooth." I currently am running the Curve 8900 Replica theme by Tom, pre-release of his now paid version, which works flawlessly still. No speaker blast anymore and File Free mem has gone up to 52mb for me! I only have Facebook and the Curve 8900 Replica theme installed as extras.

I would recommend any VZW curve owner to update to the v.119, install at your own risk. ;-)
    01-18-09 07:03 PM
    ...When using BBM there would always be a bit of lag when sending the messages, now it sends right away...
    Yeah, I can say that I had that problem (as I stated on my post =D). Before I would have to literally turn off my wireless connection then turn it back on for all my messages to send and be received, and if that didn't work, I would have to do a battery pull. Now I haven't had one lag since installing this OS. I think that was my only peeve to date since owning my 8330.
    01-18-09 10:51 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD