Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with Rogers?? Also If I do make the move will I loose all of my contacts, eg phone book, BBmessgr., Games etc/?
    thank YOu!!
    09-23-08 09:14 PM
    Isn't loading at all
    09-23-08 09:27 PM
    The software upgrade seems pretty good so far; certainly the biggest welcome is the new email `look`, and the ability to view youtube on the curve.

I didn`t lose anything - my contact list stayed
    09-24-08 09:02 PM
    What about games, and other 3rd party apps? Can I back them up with my desktop manager? I have things like poker, vlingo, google maps. It would take forever to reload all of the apps
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 10:26 PM
    I just Upgraded 2 days ago and i love it,
    there was a message that also told me that the GPS wasn't going to work with the AT&T or any operator, i also solved that, i have all the apps, you might lose apps like facebook and MSN messenger, but you are having a kick *** phone with a lot faster software and video camera, voice clips, documents to go, and it all works fine and i do have GPS.

P.D.: you dont lose any contacts its does a backup of all before doinng the upgrade. if any of you guys have a problem with the 4.5 Software and enable GPS. send me a PM
    09-24-08 10:36 PM
    Wait so it's working with Rogers now?!
    09-25-08 08:21 AM
    Works like a charm for me. I didnt lose anything and I noticed no issues what so ever. Great look and feel of the new OS. Love it.
    Only thing is that you will need to re-enter all your info in your apps. I.E. need to select language and city in weather app etc.
    09-25-08 10:05 AM
    Works amazingly for me - so quick, fast, love it!
    09-25-08 10:34 AM
    Mine's not updating anything through the website! Are you doing it through the RIM website? Nothing is happening...the update loader opens but there's nothing in it!
    09-25-08 11:36 AM
    It's working well for me, except for something I noticed today. My free memory after the upgrade was 21 megs. Today it is at 13. I will try a battery pull and see what happens.

09-25-08 11:47 AM
    Ok..
    As noobish as I'm gonna sound.. What link did you all used to get that upgrade?
    I went on Blackberry.com, rim.com, rogers.com.. and, I can't find it..
    (Yes, I'm new, a noob and I'm still learning how to text) .... (sad I know)
    09-25-08 12:03 PM
    Love MapleSyrup much? just playing.

Anyways, try going to blackberry.com/upgrades and see if it works for u. And if it makes u feel any better, I can't upgrade either, got the 8310 curve too, with gps.
    09-25-08 02:15 PM
    what version is the one on the rim upgrade site? i already had 4.5 installed for a while... but just wondering whats the one on the rim upgrade site
    09-25-08 02:43 PM
    Love MapleSyrup much? just playing.

Anyways, try going to blackberry.com/upgrades and see if it works for u. And if it makes u feel any better, I can't upgrade either, got the 8310 curve too, with gps.
    More then you can imagine!

Thanks for the link,
    I'm upgrading it right now..
    So far so good.. It's downloading modules..
    09-25-08 04:13 PM
    UPDATE
    It worked!
    I didn't lose anything.. the prog thingy that I downloaded off the rim website made an automatic backup by itself.. (Pretty smart)

I now have a video camera.. and my BB seem to be faster..
    Browser is different.. and I have voice note recorder thing too..

It saved my WeatherEye and my other apps as well..
    09-25-08 05:55 PM
    UPDATE
    It worked!
    I didn't lose anything.. the prog thingy that I downloaded off the rim website made an automatic backup by itself.. (Pretty smart)

I now have a video camera.. and my BB seem to be faster..
    Browser is different.. and I have voice note recorder thing too..

It saved my WeatherEye and my other apps as well..
    Glad to hear you got it working. I'm gonna try it again right now and see if it works.

Congrats again!
    09-25-08 06:33 PM
    Can anyone let me know what version of the OS you were able to download using the upgrade site on the RIM website?

I have 4.5.0.81 and am wondering if its any different.
    09-25-08 07:04 PM
    MINE WON'T UPGRADE VIA THE RIM WEBSITE! Why?!
    09-25-08 08:27 PM
    Can anyone let me know what version of the OS you were able to download using the upgrade site on the RIM website?

I have 4.5.0.81 and am wondering if its any different.
    4.5.0.81 from the RIM site.. The one I used tonight
    09-25-08 09:02 PM
    I tried last night and ended up with a Fatal error just at the end and lost everything. Had to go to Rogers site and down load the 4.22 software and start all over. Phoned Rogers and told them what happen and was told I am out of luck if I can't get it working because they do not back that version yet. Still getting things back to normal tonight. I also noticed that Blackberry Messenger is no longer on the phone and when I try to get it it tells me it is not supported on my phone which is a 8310.
    09-25-08 09:20 PM
    I just did it and it GREAT!!! Everything works good! Have to specify what progrmas you want before updat. To the new os. Does Mini Monitor work with 4.5??

09-25-08 10:23 PM
    I upgraded my girlfriends curve to 4.5.081 and it went really smooth. It just took really long so be patient with it. Block of atleast an hour.
    09-26-08 11:34 AM
    Is this just for 8330s or will it work for the pearls? I know you need a working PIN number...but I'm wondering or figuring out how to hijack these newer official OSs.
    09-26-08 11:38 AM
    still not working...
    09-26-08 12:41 PM
    still not working...
    Lana..what exactly is the error message you are getting? Also what version of the OS do you currently have now?
    09-26-08 03:30 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD