I just ordered one from a Sprint store near Seattle and they said it was going to take 2 weeks Has anybody else ordered on either in person or telesales in the last few days and had a shorter shipping time?
    06-12-08 02:57 PM
    Wow. 2 Weeks seems like a lot. Shouldn't take more than a few days tops I would think.
    06-12-08 03:02 PM
    they told me 1-2 weeks when I ordered my replacement on Monday. It actually came yesterday though. They have been low in stock she said, so they are just telling people that so they don't expect it in 2-5 days. She said they have had a huge backorder off and on for the past 2 weeks on the Curve. "They are selling like hotcakes" were her words haha.
    06-12-08 03:07 PM
    they told me 1-2 weeks when I ordered my replacement on Monday. It actually came yesterday though. They have been low in stock she said, so they are just telling people that so they don't expect it in 2-5 days. She said they have had a huge backorder off and on for the past 2 weeks on the Curve. "They are selling like hotcakes" were her words haha.
    Did you get any sort of tracking number so you could see if it was on its way?
    06-12-08 03:18 PM
    Interesting to hear that the CURVES are selling like "hotcakes" considering that the BOLD is on its way...

...hmm, curious...maybe just a marketing ploy me thinks?

...i'm trying to hold out for the BOLD...but it has been tempting to just run out and buy a CURVE now....

...must...hold......on...
    06-12-08 03:43 PM
    I just ordered my husband a Curve. Talked to a local guy who owns several small locations. I told him to go ahead on Monday - according to UPS, the box is to be delivered today!
    06-12-08 04:29 PM
    Interesting to hear that the CURVES are selling like "hotcakes" considering that the BOLD is on its way...

...i'm trying to hold out for the BOLD...but it has been tempting to just run out and buy a CURVE now....

uh, Sprint has a hard enough time getting the "real" story straight with all their employees. I doubt they are telling all the employees to lie and say that Curves are selling like hotcakes. And another thing, I already PLACED the order for a REPLACEMENT Curve before she said they were selling like hotcakes. She wasnt trying to "sell" me on a product. I already bought it a month ago and was just ordering a replacement. So me thinks your marketing ploy theory is garbago.
    06-12-08 04:34 PM
    Did you get any sort of tracking number so you could see if it was on its way?
    I didnt get the tracking number as fast as I usually do which is usually well within 10 hours. I ordered the phone Monday afternoon, I got the tracking number on Wed. morning and since it was an overnight delivery I got my package on Thursday in the afternoon. If I place an order for a phone in the morning I usually have it by the next day. So the Curve did take a few days longer than usual. Hopefully yours comes soon.
    06-12-08 04:37 PM
    thanks for the info Ninfan. I placed my order in the store and they told me they didn't have an ability to give me a tracking number and that it would show up when it showed up...sheesh!
    06-12-08 05:47 PM
    thanks for the info Ninfan. I placed my order in the store and they told me they didn't have an ability to give me a tracking number and that it would show up when it showed up...sheesh!
    anytime. wow talk about great customer service! was it an authorized Sprint store? You would think they would be able to at least input your email for the tracking number like telesales does. Did they give you an order number? If they gave you an order number and it is a corp Sprint store you might be able to go on sprint.com and look up your order under the order look up link.
    06-12-08 05:51 PM
    Sprint | Check Your Order Status

here is the order status link.
    06-12-08 05:51 PM
    I ordered one online yesterday and my status is that it is back ordered. The sales rep never said anything and the online store make no mention of them not being in stock. Bummer.
    06-12-08 06:41 PM

Just go get the Curve. If and when the Bold is released for Sprint, you can throw your Curve on Ebay and get back quite a bit of your money. If the release date of the Curve is any indicator of how long you could be put off and have to wait for the Bold, I'd just get the Curve and not stress about it.
    06-12-08 06:54 PM
    Sprint | Check Your Order Status

here is the order status link.
    You rock! They did give me an order number but I of course left it written down at work. I'll check it first thing tomorrow. Thanks again!
    06-12-08 07:34 PM
    I just ordered my husband a Curve. Talked to a local guy who owns several small locations. I told him to go ahead on Monday - according to UPS, the box is to be delivered today!
    The Curve arrived, and so far I'm impressed. Easy to navigate, nice display, well built but much lighter than Hubby's Treo 755p. It was also very easy to import data from Hubby's old Treo. I had to call CS to provision the phone, and they gave me another $50 credit for extending the contact - that brought the phone price to about $80.

The phone seems to be provisioned - I've received messages from the server, and everything looks to be up, but the Curve hasn't yet received an actual email. (I did set up Hubby's email on the Sprint BlackBerry Internet Service site, and I've re-sent the service books. I'll need to troll the forum to figure out what I'm doing wrong...I'm sure it's "user error" some tech support I've turned out to be! )

So far, so good!
    06-12-08 10:35 PM
    Ordered the 8330 from Telesales on 6-10 (Tuesday). I explained that I was going to be out of town for six weeks starting next Monday and I HAD to have it in my hands by Friday or I didn't want to order it. Was then assured I would receive it today, 6-12 (Thursday) and it would be overnighted. Did not receive it today so checked "Order Status" on the website and it says "3-5 business days" and no tracking # has been assigned! Called Customer Care asking what happened to the promised 6-12 delivery date and got the standard "I know nothing about that" response. The severe CS problems at Sprint still exist! For more info, see my thread in this forum "Sprint Customer Service Saga of Sadness".
    06-12-08 11:11 PM
    Ordered my replacement (bad trackball) Tuesday and received it today. I was first told they were out of stock, called back and magically they were back in stock.
    06-12-08 11:13 PM
    The Curve arrived, and so far I'm impressed. Easy to navigate, nice display, well built but much lighter than Hubby's Treo 755p. It was also very easy to import data from Hubby's old Treo. I had to call CS to provision the phone, and they gave me another $50 credit for extending the contact - that brought the phone price to about $80.

The phone seems to be provisioned - I've received messages from the server, and everything looks to be up, but the Curve hasn't yet received an actual email. (I did set up Hubby's email on the Sprint BlackBerry Internet Service site, and I've re-sent the service books. I'll need to troll the forum to figure out what I'm doing wrong...I'm sure it's "user error" some tech support I've turned out to be! )

So far, so good!
    Ha ha, turns out they forgot to add the BB plan to the phone - that's why some things worked and others did not. Thankfully with my employee discount plus a recurring $10/credit, the service will only cost us $14/month. And yes, we have both discounts on Ensemble.

Everything is working, and I'm starting to have a bit of BB envy...but I really do like my Touch. I'll like it better once we get the firmware update for the GPS.
    06-13-08 06:41 AM
    DH ordered his on the 11th and the tracking number shows it was in Boston this morning and out for delivery.

Always negotiate the price w/ Sprint/Nextel. DH told him what he could get the phone for at another service and they matched the price. Yes, there's one mail in rebate, but, still, I think he's only paying $100 for it.
    06-13-08 07:58 AM
    I did this morning. They said it's overnighted, but you know sprint, so i'm holding out til monday. . . if it comes tomorrow I'll be suprised.
    06-13-08 08:44 AM
    I checked the online order checker, however there is no record because it will only have a record if you ordered through telesales or the web...I paid for mine in the store. I guess I just have to wait for it...
    06-13-08 12:17 PM
    i ordered a replacement on 6-10 and it came on 6-12
    06-13-08 03:32 PM
    Surprise surprise, it just came in the mail!
    06-13-08 04:08 PM
    Ordered on Tues snd was delivered on Thurs, so they are out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 10:13 AM
    I think for Sprint "Overnight" means 2-3 days! I got mine on Friday too, but after a 3 day wait.
    06-14-08 11:55 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD