As stated really, has any one on Three UK ever done an OS upgrade? I've checked the Blackberry website and there aren't any upgrades for Three UK so I would be upgrading to the most recent official release by another carrier.

The background:
    I had a Bold that had to go back to get the trackball fixed and they sent me another handset. For some reason when I hold down the blackberry key it doesn't bring up the app switcher like it used to on my old handset. This is suprisingly irritating as I hadn't realised how often I used it! So I was thinking about upgarading the OS to see if that brought that function back. My only reservation is that I know Three are really wierd compared to other UK networks and I don't want to encounter any network specific problems.

Your thoughts are greatly recieved,

Doc
    Last edited by MrMark; 10-20-09 at 03:01 AM.
    10-20-09 02:57 AM
    Just get the latest release from the forums, and delete the vendor.xml file, would install just fine.

If there's any problems, remember what software version you were running from the about screen, and revert back to it using another networks version of that OS, all networks use exactly the same OS, so I wouldn't be too bothered about it all.

There are guides about for how to go about doing this

The app switcher was only brought out later in the 4.6 life chain, so I'm guessing you got an older model
    10-22-09 07:54 AM
    I got an unlocked 3 from Italy. Installed everything, changed service provider 3 times w/0 problems. RUnning 5.0.0.411 in Peru and no problems. SO cant imagine you will have any issues. Remember to delete the vendor file when upgrading
    01-05-10 02:39 PM
    I'm totally clueless about these things but how do I go about locating the vendor.xml file before installing the os upgrade?
    01-05-10 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD